Please Help Me Find Legioss Line Art

geecie30

I've been on working on some cross over or bridge the gap mecha art and I was wondering if if some one knows a page where I can find a black and white legioss/Alpha in all its modes,Thanx

post-1957-1137743031_thumb.jpg

Edited by geecie30

Better to track down one of the various Japanese books on either Mospeada or Studio Artmic for original Mospeada line-art. Probably Seichi can help find them for you. There are at least 4 Japanese books that I know of and own. If I have time, I'll post some scans.

Personally, I avoid using Robotech RPG books as a source of line-art as in the ones I've seen most of the art is not original Japanese line-art, but they use their own artist (IIRC a guy called Duncan Long) and I find his interpretations of the mecha to be pretty dire.

Also, there used to be an excellent Mospeada site with lots of art on the MW links page, but I think the link may be dead.

Graham

Personally, I avoid using Robotech RPG books as a source of line-art as in the ones I've seen most of the art is not original Japanese line-art, but they use their own artist (IIRC a guy called Duncan Long) and I find his interpretations of the mecha to be pretty dire.

360838[/snapback]

Actually, thats Kevin Long, and there was one Robotech RPG book that used Mospeada lineart (as well as interspersed Southern Cross lineart here and there): The REF Field Guide.

You might wanna try Rob Morgenstern'sThe Genesis Climber Mospeada Universe for lineart or just the Unofficial Robotech Reference Guide Alpha file.

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

Kevin Long made the mistake many RT comic artists do, using the toys as the basis for their drawings.

In Long's case he used the large Gakken Legioss/Alpha toys... which lead to his Alphas sporting stuby Gakken toe and the Gakken toy style gunpods, sensor pod and AFC-01I green head.

Kevin Long made the mistake many RT comic artists do, using the toys as the basis for their drawings.

360901[/snapback]

So did Peter Simon when he did some of the art for Robotech RPG Book 4: Southern Cross, though I think the Spartas and Logan pictures are simply traced and shaded line sketches from This is Animation Special #10: The Southern Cross.

I personally think the RPG would have been far better served had they simply used the lineart for thing from the outset.

Edit: As to Kevin Long and the Legioss, yea, you can tell alot of them are from the Gakken toy cause he has the centerline 8-shot Hammerhead Multi-Ejector Rack with the 80mm beam cannon mounted behind it.

I personally think the RPG would have been far better served had they simply used the lineart for thing from the outset.

361154[/snapback]

Probably licensing or royalty issues that prevented Paladium Games from using the original Studio Nue & Studio Artmic lineart.

Graham

Probably licensing or royalty issues that prevented Paladium Games from using the original Studio Nue & Studio Artmic lineart.

361155[/snapback]

Doubtful as most of the mecha drawn by Kevin Long for the Macross main book were from DYRL, minus the Strike version of the FAST Packs. Besides, they did use line art in The REF Field Guide from both Mospeada and Southern Cross.

You all have to admit, the cover paintings of the RPG titles are pretty amazing.

361282[/snapback]

The covers were about the only thing Kevin Long did decently well. I wouldn't call them "amazing," but they were okay.

I agree that Palladium should have just used lineart for the RPG books and I find their decision not to somewhat odd considering the books had a *little* official lineart in them, but not much. Besides looking better, having lineart in the books also acts as a cheap alternative to the more expensive Japanese art books. A good example of this is the Bubblegum Crisis RPG, which was full of lineart and a much cheaper alternative to the then more expensive B-Club Special.

You all have to admit, the cover paintings of the RPG titles are pretty amazing.

361282[/snapback]

Just average IMO. Nothing special.

Graham

361501[/snapback]

I'd agree, with one exception. Maybe it's because I am one of the few people who like the "inorganic" designs, but I've always really loved the cover to the Sentinals RPG:

post-659-1137559620_thumb.jpg

361282[/snapback]

Just average IMO. Nothing special.

Graham

361501[/snapback]

I'd agree, with one exception. Maybe it's because I am one of the few people who like the "inorganic" designs, but I've always really loved the cover to the Sentinals RPG:

361528[/snapback]

Kinda reminds me of a chopper or harley.