Witchblade

areaseven

BUMP!!!

After the slow start by the team of Bakakozou-Conclave.

The team of [sHS, YesY, ureshii] released three episodes in sucession!!!! WTF!!!???

Check the usual sources, people. :D

AND ENJOY!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Didn't there used to be a live-action Witchblade TV series, with the title role played by some ugly girl with a unibrow?

Graham

408029[/snapback]

Yes. Yancy "unibrow" Butler.

It was a very short live action adaptation.

It was a very short live action adaptation.

408057[/snapback]

But a pretty good short live action adaption. Got most of the details right, even if there was less T&A in two half-hour episodes than in two pages of one issue of the comic :)

Actually, I liked the TV series. It didn't try to clone the comic, but took the major ideas and reworked them into a decent TV show.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Forgive me for sounding dumb, but where are you guys getting your anime from?? I tried bakakozou.com, but don't really see a link for a store.....

edit: I would rather not download, if that is how it's out right now.....

Edited by e_jacob77

MORE BAD NEWS!!! <_<

It seems like the team of [sHS, YesY, ureshii] just dropped Witchblade. <_<

Lets hope bakakozou does'nt do the same thing.

408002[/snapback]

So, what does this mean?! Has the anime been cancelled for good?!?!

424509[/snapback]

Bakakozou is still fansubbing Witchblade (very slowly though considering they're on #6). <_<

Hi all,

Forgive me for sounding dumb, but where are you guys getting your anime from??  I tried bakakozou.com, but don't really see a link for a store.....

edit:  I would rather not download, if that is how it's out right now.....

424496[/snapback]

HI all,

Bump......

Hi Everyone,

Looks like the offical web site has a comparisson of the DVD vs. TV footage for witchblade.

check it out at http://www.witchblade.jp/gallery/dvd.html

Hmmmm....... Seems WBMasane is more "naked" in the DVD. :lol:

BTW, episode 7 just came out. the RAWS are up to episode 20 already. :-(

Damn, why is no one else subbing this series.

BK-conclave has great quality in its subs but there kinda slow though. :-(

@bsu legato: A re-invention more or less.

-- new time line

-- new wielder (who happens to be a mother, instead of being a cop)

-- there are even "Clone Blades." There kinda similar to the Witchblade only they're not as superioir as the real thing, I guess. In effect clones of the WB.

• 1 month later...

e_jacob77:

Nothing much.

But if you want to check comments about the DVDs head on over to this thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php...100&page=20

NOTE: I'm afraif you have to read through it though starting arounf page 10 I guess. :lol:

Anyways for the other MWers interested in this series, the show has ended at episode 24. That's for the raws though. :-(

For the subs its gonna take a while, since aside from BK no other sub group has picked this series up. So this means we have to wait VERY PATIENTLY, I might add for BK to come out with the subs.

I've not heard much fanfare about this series though. For those who watched it, think its any good?

I think it's a decent show that's a bit rough around the edges. The Cloneblade arc keeps me interested when they're not focusing on fan service. I'm only about seven episodes in and hoping they don't resort to the X-Con BADDIE of the week formula. I'll probably stick around for the long run b/c there aren't too many series I'm watching at the moment.

when they're not focusing on fan service... resort to the X-Con BADDIE of the week formula.

But those are the rules set down by the original comic series: Show as much unrealistic T&A as possible and bring as many new weird baddies as possible and you'll have a successful comic. Why complain if they bring it into the anime as well?

But those are the rules set down by the original comic series: Show as much unrealistic T&A as possible and bring as many new weird baddies as possible and you'll have a successful comic. Why complain if they bring it into the anime as well?

So in this anime version, do we get tentacle bad guys? :rolleyes:

I'm SURE there were tentacle bad guys in the original one right? Right?

Well, technically speaking the heroine had the tentacles...

:lol:

In the anime only the lead characted "Masane," current WB wielder has tentacles ( I think this was shown somewhere between episodes 1 to 5). The Clone Blades and even the X-Con's don't have them or is never shown to have tentacles. :ph34r:

• 4 months later...