Vf-1d 1/48 Custom

DatterBoy

Can you give us a quick rundown of of what has to be sanded?  I want to be prepared for when I do mine...

349746[/snapback]

I'll post some shots of a markup tonight. Basically:

- sides around and below the kneecap

- rears of the leg panel doors that hide the landing gear

The kneecap is the worst. It's really tight there so shaving the sides and bottom off prevents any surfaces from rubbing at all. Other than that, depending on how thick the paint you are using is and how durable the finish is, you shouldn't have to do much more. I've transformed my 1D several times now and don't get wear anywhere else really, other than the non surface components.

:Dat

Edited by DatterBoy

That is exactly the reason. At first, I thought that they were just painted on, but after speaking with Wicked Ace, he pretty much told me that they were actually etched into the 1J arms ONLY. I considered just putting the paint bands in, but didn't think that would look too great.

I dig the final now. The balance for the scheme is much better this way.

:Dat

• 4 weeks later...

*bump*

..now that GBP is here and pretty much all single seat VF1 has been milked (esp with reissues which destroy the collector market value and make people less likely to buy multiples) when is a two seater like the 1D going to be released? :D

Face it the 1/48 is the new standard that deserves the same treatment 1/60 got and we would all love to see an attempt at some 2 seater valks. The orange 1D is so distinct (appears in the first episode) and deserves love amoungst the shelves of toy collectors amoungst the other vf1s.

Is there really any barrier to them making one now that we have seen this custom?

I'm sure Yamato has been informed of the available conversion, I would hope they would contact captain A. And make/give him a little money/credit for such an incredible job,think about it all the work is done,make the molds, produce them,everybody is happy!

Now I think I'm about done w/ VF-1()'s I hope we get some dstroids or enemy stuff to complete/enhance our wonderful collections,not to mention An SDF-1 in any scale from them! there is always more subjects to make!!! :D