Banpresto Macross 20th Anniversary Wrist Watch

amptor

I finally bought one of these off ebay and was wondering if anyone remembers if there's only 4 different models. I only saw two on ebay that looked decent, so I decided to go with the skull & macross logo model. Pretty cheap watch, so probably going to end up leaving it boxed so it doesn't get ruined but it's pretty neat.

I have two of the blue one, one still in package, one I wear all the time, battery is still good from whenever I bought it years ago.

I have two of the black ones too, let me find it.

i didn't buy any of the plastic/nylon banded ones, just the metal banded ones.

post-479-1131886779_thumb.jpg

I finally bought one of these off ebay and was wondering if anyone remembers if there's only 4 different models.  I only saw two on ebay that looked decent, so I decided to go with the skull & macross logo model.  Pretty cheap watch, so probably going to end up leaving it boxed so it doesn't get ruined but it's pretty neat.

344402[/snapback]

I bought all four and I wear the two metal banded watches constantly. Cool watches, especially for $16 for all 4. I feel silly taking a $4 watch to get the battery replaced for $6, but what can you do :)

The plastic banded watches are still in their packages, I don't imagine I'll ever wear those.

I have two of the blue one, one still in package, one I wear all the time, battery is still good from whenever I bought it years ago.

I have two of the black ones too, let me find it.

i didn't buy any of the plastic/nylon banded ones, just the metal banded ones.

344464[/snapback]

Nice,

So does that mean it is fully stainless steel? I still have a $10 watch I used to wear and the plating is turning green on the back. I should get this banpresto watch in the mail soon, if not today. I'm thinking about getting the blue one too. Wow you guys got good deals on these watches, I've never seen them for much less than $15 + s/h from china.

i've been wearing the one watch i posted constantly since they came out, haven't had any problems with it going bad, i wear it in the rain, in the snow, it's gotten pepper spray on it a few times, no blood thankfully, but i find if i bought a watch for work, it gets messed up, cheap watches for some reason, takes all the abuse i can dish it at work.

trying to add pics...

Edited by Chowser

Wow....those are cool I was working back then if i should buy them, but i voted not too since they where "cheap" and toyish (from the pix i saw, low res) Now that this tread has appeared i am very tempted to get myself a pair. Does anyone know any online stores still selling the blueprint version? Or is anyone willing to sell a new minty one?

- Jin

they've been on ebay off and on.

about $20 shipped.

not my auctions:

looks like he's sold out of style B (the blueprint one)

here's a closeup of my opened watches:

346028[/snapback]

Nice pics man thanks, I should get mine tomorrow hopefully. I ordered it off ebay, there was another on ebay I believe, of the black one. I like that blue one hmm I wonder if I should get it, but the face is so flat.

Hey so are those plated? As in, you wear it all the time, are they getting worn out on the back or are they solid? Seems like these days you _can_ get a cheap stainless steel watch, I mean steel doesn't cost very much money.

btw - style b is up for bid, not buy it now.. you can email him and ask if he has another, cuz he probably has a lot of these :)

Edited by amptor

i've been wearing the blue one constantly since i got it back when Valkyrie-Exchange first had them in the store. Hasn't turned my skin green or anything, the plating is find. Has a scratch on the back, but that was from me trying to get the cover off to change the battery.

I just got my black one in the mail today. Sure enough, it is a watch. :o I dunno if these ship with the battery disabled or not (either have to take off the cover or push in the crown) but it isn't ticking. So I'm wondering if the battery is possibly dead from sitting around so long. The bracelet looks like it's made out of stainless, but I'm not sure about the main part of the watch. It's overall good for a $5 watch if anyone was lucky enough to get them that cheap :p I paid $20 shipped.

I have the metal Skull Logo one with the Macross Kite.  Best watch I have ever had.  It has survived 2 G-Shocks and is still working...while the G-shocks stopped.

Can't beat this watch.  I wear it proudly!

344658[/snapback]

G-Shock, are you insane? Mine is inmortal, you know like McCloud? :lol:

no seriously, you're smoking out of the wrong pipe... :lol:

V!C

I'll say this about a Casio G-Shock I had.

Lasted two months, it could not take the abuse of my job. Now, my cheap $15 Casio and my cheap Banpresto Macross watch has been taking abuse like crazy, I've had to replace the band on the cheap Casio once, but other than that, these things take a beating. I know my Macross watch has made a few imprints upon people.

• 18 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 6:39 PM, Skullsixx said:

Can the metal bands be changed out?

Not sure,  take it to a watch place and see what they can do.    Mine has been dead for years now,  afraid to change the battery.. 😵