The Xbox 360 Thread!

the update affected less than 1% of all "normal" 360's so most of the people who had problems were probably dicking around with theres.

and guys, you have to have a TV that supports 1080p via component cables. most TV's don't... most only accept the signal via HDMI so it was kind of a useless update... but then again I don't know anyone with a 1080p TV let alone an HDTV (besides myself and my friend jordan).

don't let the interweb influence you into thinking its the voice of the majority :p

probably about 85% of anybody you ask (more like 99% if you're asking women :D ) will have heard of an Xbox360 or PS3 but wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between 1080p and DLP :D

probably about 85% of anybody you ask (more like 99% if you're asking women :D ) will have heard of an Xbox360 or PS3 but wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between 1080p and DLP :D

Very true. I still know people who still can not program a VCR let alone know about the difference of SDTV, EDTV and HDTV. One guy I know had his 360 hooked up by composite cables and thought he was getting 720p. :lol:

Never have played a FPS with a keyboard. I've seen my brother play PC FPS with a keyboard for years, but to me it looks cumbersome as hell. Isn't it pretty easy to hit the wrong key during the middle of battle?

I almost never hit the wrong key in battle, because I configure every single FPS game I have with the exact same controls on my keyboard. Keyboard mouse is the only way to play a FPS game. What would absolutely be the best thing to happen would be for Microsoft to simultaneously release the XBOX 360 version of Halo3 and a PC version of Halo3 and allow them to connect to each other for multi-player games. Talk about owned! I think you would see a ton of extremely upset game pad players. But that will never happen.

Steve

I almost never hit the wrong key in battle, because I configure every single FPS game I have with the exact same controls on my keyboard. Keyboard mouse is the only way to play a FPS game. What would absolutely be the best thing to happen would be for Microsoft to simultaneously release the XBOX 360 version of Halo3 and a PC version of Halo3 and allow them to connect to each other for multi-player games. Talk about owned! I think you would see a ton of extremely upset game pad players. But that will never happen.

Steve

Too bad Halo has a relaively generous auto-aim to make up for gamepad shortcomings, and thus such a match up wouldn't be exactly fair.

Keyboard mouse is the only way to play a FPS game. What would absolutely be the best thing to happen would be for Microsoft to simultaneously release the XBOX 360 version of Halo3 and a PC version of Halo3 and allow them to connect to each other for multi-player games. Talk about owned! I think you would see a ton of extremely upset game pad players. But that will never happen.

Steve

I would love to see that happen. I hope the PC release of Halo 3 is not years later like Halo 2 is now. I am mostly a PC FPS player and would love the challenge. I would love to see Microsoft make a better controller for FPS games. Until then, my Zboard keyboard and Logitech gaming mouse will do. I do have the PC and 360 versions of Graw so I like playing one in FPS mode and the other in 3rd person.

Too bad Halo has a relaively generous auto-aim to make up for gamepad shortcomings, and thus such a match up wouldn't be exactly fair.

I haven't looked at the settings menu on Halo/Halo2 on XBOX in a while, but I thought you could turn the auto aiming off. Maybe not though. <_<

Steve

Geezee wow 0_o that looks sweet for Halo3 goodies. I wanna know what scale that helmet is. Doesn't look that big standing next to the Halo3 stand but does look cool. 99.99 for 3 discs and a helmet, that ain't a bad price at all.

I'm gonna try and trade in some stuff to get Need For Speed Carbon during lunch, we'll see. Wish Gears of War came out -_- I thought it was suppose to be on the 31st......wtf....

Anyone here playing GOW? Just wanted to know your thoughts on it? I know it looks very pretty, but how's the gameplay?

I should have been picking it up today with Call of Duty 3, but due to some shipping snafu, only one of the area Gamestop's got GOW, but I figure I will go ahead and pick up COD3 tonight so I can concentrate on that and then pick up GOW tomorrow night and focus on that.

Oh yeah, Contra is up for downloading, too!

So many games, so little time... :D

I picked it up last night.... I never waste my time with EB Games/GameStop... those places just suck. Game Crazy all the way.

The game is awesome. best graphics I've ever seen (on my 43" plasma- only way to game), the whole duck and cover thing is really fresh, the guns are great.. now I just have to decide if I want to play online or single player! :D

both are so good. I put about 2 hours into the single player last night and two more into the online multiplayer and damn was that fun..... the game is brilliant. total masterpiece.

even the reloading is fun. playing this game is the closest you'll get to being in a fire fight. its even better than GRAW. makes the duck and cover in that game look silly.

I love how the HUD fades out... gives the game a cinematic feel and its kind on us plasma owners B))

the single player is tough too. its no graphic-heavy cakewalk like some next-gen games. if you don't already have it, get it. even if you don't like "FPSs" because theres so much more to it than that. its pretty much a whole new type of game with the duck and cover elements.

I picked it up this afternoon and I am liking this game. The pacing is good. So far the autosave points are in good spots. It looks awesome and controls great. Not to may buttons to remember. I like the way you can to right too the weapon you want with just one button push. No scrolling. I can not wait to do online and CO-OP.

if you don't already have it, get it. even if you don't like "FPSs" because theres so much more to it than that. its pretty much a whole new type of game with the duck and cover elements.

Should be no problem...it's not a FPS. :D I enjoy this type of game more than FPS'ers.

I picked up the LAST copy of GOW, I was shocked to see that alot of ppl were at GC getting it and alot of them were just laughing it up going "Maaaaannnnnn f Carbon, we got Gears of War!"

I did pick up Carbon the other day and I'm about 40% complete with the game give or take. It does feel like a huge lack luster compared to Most Wanted (which was trying to trade in but grabbed carbon by mistake.......woops, thank god I didn't have the disc with me or I'd be going WTF?)

So I'll be playing GOW here in a bit.

I saw several copies of GoW and CoD3 at Target today. Anyone get theirs from Circuit City? I heard they were giving away a 360 faceplate with it?

Damn that's right CoD3 is out now huh? I forgot bout that as well.

What gripes me is that the GoW promo stand said "November 12th" on it and I remember before then it said "October 31st" ...........I just don't trust release dates that or people who have these promotional stands.

I've played a good 3 hours worth on and off.....finally gotta tackle down that Beserker which is a bit of a pain in the ass..........if I can just kill her......

And is messed up. WTH Konami!!? Supposedly a patch is coming.

You must be talking about the 2-player online co-op. So far I've just played the 1-player game. I haven't played Contra in any form in quite some time and I don't think I ever had much of a chance to play the arcade version back in the day so this was definitely unique to play it (tried it both classic and enhance).

Last night I finally got COD3 and GOW. Being a BIG fan of COD2, I spent like 2+ hours with COD3.... it is going to be hard to go back to COD2, at least for a while. :D Very awesome game. :) Treyarch did a very nice job with this incarnation. Can't wait to get this game played though. The XBL game is great... up to 24 players in a game, driving around in tanks and other vehicles and blowing stuff up... :D

As for GOW, by the time I got to it, it was time to go to bed so I only had about 20 minutes to play around with it. I will say that the amount of graphic detail in this game is INCREDIBLE and that's with my 9 year old 25 inch TV. Can't wait to get an HD TV! The Xbox 360 has a real winner with this title.

Also picked up the Sega Genesis Collection for the PS2 last night. All-in-all, a very good day to be a gamer. :)

You must be talking about the 2-player online co-op. So far I've just played the 1-player game. I haven't played Contra in any form in quite some time and I don't think I ever had much of a chance to play the arcade version back in the day so this was definitely unique to play it (tried it both classic and enhance).

Yup, totally busted on that front.

Yeah picked up Gears Of War on thursday. Wow what a great game! Best graphics I have ever seen. Anyone play Act 3 yet? If you do check out the graphics there. The rainfall looks just so real its insane.

The gameplay is awesome. Never a dull moment. I played through Act 1 on Friday. Yesterday I played for hours! I couldnt stop. Played Acts 2 through 4. Started Act 5 but I had to stop myself. Havent tried online yet. I want to but have to get the head set first. Figure that is prob a must for online play.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the chainsaw. Love chopping up Locusts with it.

Maybe its just me but does anyone else think Marcus sounds like the Kool-Aid Man when he says "Oohhhh yeah!"? :D

Edited by MicronianDevil

He probably does sound like the cool-aid man. I'm on Act 4 now, but yeah the graphics and textures are fantastic, and the rain was a nice touch of realism....I hate those wenches or what ever they're called after they start glowing in the dark and explode 0_o it's like suicide bombers dream pet.

What irritates me though is so far on casual unlocked features are only worth 10 points each.....I hope that as you move to the tougher settings the points increase cause there isn't much to wanna complete in the game.

Also gamespot said they didn't think those Cog tags existed in Casual Mode, I've so far found 4, meh.

Mechafan can you give me a good strategy on beating RAAM. Ive been trying for 2 hours and keep getting my ass handed to me! I tried asking on Gamefaqs but the people there are idiots. They just flame or give smart ass answers. lol.

I love this game but right now I am frustrated as hell.

Edit: You can PM me so you wont give away anything to those who havent faced RAAM yet.

2nd Edit: Oh nevermind just beat RAAM. Awesome game just seems very short to me. Going to play it through Casual again before jumping into Hardcore.

Edited by MicronianDevil

I've been playing Gears for all weekend. Gotta say, it's nice to finally have a game that justifies having a 360. After so many so-so games like Condemned this makes it worth it! However, while I'm really looking forward to Halo 3 like everyone else, the game I want the most is the new Gundam game, the one based on the 08th team. I've been waiting forever for an 08th team game! That, for me, will really test the capabilities of the box. Have you seen the trailers for that?! OMFG!!!!!!!

I just bought Gears of War yesterday. (Just bought my 360 a few weeks ago) Wow! What a game! I had no idea the 360 was capable of such feats. I hope more games of this caliber will follow. Of course, I still have 99 Nights, which I think is an awesome game, despite the bad reviews. Oh. Word of advice to you all - DON'T play "Enchanted Arms." Don't rent it, don't buy it, don't look at it. Don't even read what I'm saying about it. That game should be abolished.

I've been playing Gears for all weekend. Gotta say, it's nice to finally have a game that justifies having a 360. After so many so-so games like Condemned this makes it worth it! However, while I'm really looking forward to Halo 3 like everyone else, the game I want the most is the new Gundam game, the one based on the 08th team. I've been waiting forever for an 08th team game! That, for me, will really test the capabilities of the box. Have you seen the trailers for that?! OMFG!!!!!!!

have you tried Chromehounds yet? if you're into mechs it doesn't get much better than that. I've put nearly 100 hours into the online campaign alone.

GRAW is also an excellent game and obviously Oblivion is great too.

I download as many demos as I can to avoid the "so-so" titles like Condemned. after playing the demo for minutes I knew immediatly it wasn't for me ;)

Sadly I didn't like Chromehounds, but that's mostly because the game is met for Online play since it's Storymode was just boring and a complete lack luster.

Oblivion is good looking, but I never got the game, I don't think I ever will since I got a few other games on my list right now that I can't get till Xmas.

The Gundam game will be very good lookin......the problem is there isn't even a release date.

I just bought Gears of War yesterday. (Just bought my 360 a few weeks ago) Wow! What a game! I had no idea the 360 was capable of such feats. I hope more games of this caliber will follow.

Read a couple of articles on gaming magazines and yes more titles of that caliber will be on the way. I guess alot of developers we kinda holding back because they werent sure of what exactly the 360 is capable of. Now GoW shows what the 360 can do and man cant wait for all those new titles with those next gen graphics.

Of course, I still have 99 Nights, which I think is an awesome game, despite the bad reviews.

Yeah I really liked Ninety-Nine Nights. Very Dynasty Warrior like. Only probs I have with the game is that there should be alot more playable characters, and the save system blows!

I'm loving the 360. I hardly ever touch my PS2 now. Heh...I remember the only reason I bought the 360 was to get Rumble Roses XX. :lol: Never thinking it could ever beat out my Ps2. Now its my favorite console.

Mechafan can you give me a good strategy on beating RAAM. Ive been trying for 2 hours and keep getting my ass handed to me! I tried asking on Gamefaqs but the people there are idiots. They just flame or give smart ass answers. lol.

I love this game but right now I am frustrated as hell.

Edit: You can PM me so you wont give away anything to those who havent faced RAAM yet.

2nd Edit: Oh nevermind just beat RAAM. Awesome game just seems very short to me. Going to play it through Casual again before jumping into Hardcore.

Sorry I did not get back to you in time. I was out. I am glad you beat him. Now for the Queen!

For some reason I was having a tough time getting out of the Fenix Estate near the end when your pitted against like 3 or 4 rocket locust guys and a small plattoon of Grubs....I kept running out of time or getting killed. I finally just started butting some of the guys and doing summer saults and quick dodge moves to get out of there with 3 seconds to spare.

I had some issue also getting that Beserker to the rear cart mostly cause my Point of Interest view wasn't aligned with what I was suppose to do......but I finally got that damn thing outta there, Beserkers scare me for some reason : / dunno why.

0_o ahhhhh now I'm going up against ram and died a few times....Dom keeps getting killed and I'm not getting enough time to get some clean head shots or much of any head shots since the krylls wont scatter along.....this really pisses me off