1/72 VF-4 Resin Kit

Valk009

Latest updates as of 13th December!

First batch are shipped out today and should arrive before X'mas. The kit is a limited numbered edition, run of 50.

A completed kit is already finished and I just need to take some pics and post them on the forum.

The kit consists of resin parts, metal landing gears (heavy type), metal missles (light type), waterslide decals and instruction manual, all packed neatly into a box :p

The price for each kit is US$85 and will include shipping fees (registered first class air mail) and PayPal fees.

Valkyrie

Grayson72 SHIPPED

Viceland (maybe 2)

mechaninac (maybe)

darklord4 SHIPPED

JoLe727

Penguin SHIPPED

Spatula

Robert S SHIPPED

neptunesurvey SHIPPED

phule

jorawar_b (maybe 2)

THOR (2) SHIPPED

honneamise SHIPPED

Aurora-7 SHIPPED

Goshawk SHIPPED

cokefiend

superdupont SHIPPED

Gyro SHIPPED

Wheels SHIPPED

UNSpacy

post-1066-1130815022_thumb.jpg

post-1066-1130815035_thumb.jpg

post-1066-1130815052_thumb.jpg

post-1066-1130815074_thumb.jpg

post-1066-1130815098_thumb.jpg

Edited by Valk009

I used to have that, and I too thought it was great. The details were awesome and the only problem I had was some warping (hot water fixed that). I'll have to speak with my "financial advisor." I already bought over a couple hundred bucks of model stuff last month, and I'm still waiting for some of it to come in the mail!

Damn it Andy :angry: ... you're gonna suck every last penny out of my pockets aren't you?!? <_<  :p  :lol:

My pockets too! (must be the new vacuum machine...)

Count me in for one!

341346[/snapback]

Same here!! :lol::p:D

Put me down for one (or maybe two) pls!! Thx!!

Edited by JoLe727

Well, I am something of a VF-4 fan... let me think...

OH MY SWEET SAINTS IN HEAVEN, YES! YES! YES!

... ahem... that is, definitely one, maybe two, please. Thank you.

They can keep my 3 Club-M's company.

:D

Just a few questions first.

I've never worked with resin so how's it different than say a norma plastic kit? Penguin might help me out here since we're driving distance from each other.

What payment methods do you accept?

Put me on the pending list for now. I'll update you asap.

I have been PMed a couple of times and asked whether the pictured primed VF-4 is the final completed version.

The pictured kit is not the final version, some final touches are still missing, the canopy ;) , side thrusters, guns, all the missiles, the pilot etc.

A fully painted kit will be put on dispaly very soon, in order for everyone interested to get an idea :)

In regards to quality issue and the "easy'ness or difficulty'ness" in building this kit, well it is true to what a member here mentioned that the original kit was a real pain to prepare due to lot of the parts not fitting properly etc. However the new kit has undergone extensive modifications and the final production should be very clean and not much time for preparation should be needed ;)

Furthermore, this new casting will have less pieces than the original, for example whereas the original kit's nose section was divided up into three pieces (a real pain to prepare and fit), the new kit will be made up of one piece B))

I just noticed the wings in the pics... what happened to them?  :blink:

The forward wingtip should be curved a lot more, and the trailing tip should come to a point.

For comparison, here's a pic of the wing of my Musasiya kit

snip[/snapback]

But doesn't that look like a vertical "tail" wing and not a main wing?

The forward wingtip should be curved a lot more, and the trailing tip should come to a point.

snip[/snapback]

341859[/snapback]

If I compare it to electric indigo´s VF-4 it looks like wings AND tail fins look more curved and with a tip like in Valkyries pic. Are there different kits out or is the new one modified?

Just curious, not that I´m too concerned about these differences, the new kit looks great :D

snip[/snapback]

341859[/snapback]

If I compare it to electric indigo´s VF-4 it looks like wings AND tail fins look more curved and with a tip like in Valkyries pic. Are there different kits out or is the new one modified?

Just curious, not that I´m too concerned about these differences, the new kit looks great :D

341888[/snapback]

Honneamise, there's actually 3 different 1/72 versions of the VF-4, Electric Indigo's is the Club M I believe, this version is based on the one from Musasiya and the other one is a vinyl kit from Retpu(sp?)

Edited by Grayson72

I can't let this pass by again.  Please put me down for one.

The pressure is on, but I'm still iffy. How hard is this kit to get? I mean is this like the holy grail of Macross models? I'd love to get one... but I'll hold until I see the final production of what I'm getting. If Valk 009 can post the completed mold of what exactly I'm getting, then I'll put a definate order in.

I can't let this pass by again.  Please put me down for one.

The pressure is on, but I'm still iffy. How hard is this kit to get? I mean is this like the holy grail of Macross models? I'd love to get one... but I'll hold until I see the final production of what I'm getting. If Valk 009 can post the completed mold of what exactly I'm getting, then I'll put a definate order in.

341962[/snapback]

Spat,

It's my Holy Grail of Macross (since I already have the 1/200 Monster :D ) and to give you an idea of it value, there is a resin kit on ebay right now for a VF-4 from a seller in the UK. Starting at 49 Pounds -or $89 US dollars - for a 1/100 kit!

Really, this maybe the best chance of getting a VF-4 kit.

Now if we can just get someone to do a VF-11 Thunderbolt.................

341959[/snapback]

That wish will soon be granted :D

341990[/snapback]

Tease... :p

Grayson72 is correct, there were indeed three fighter version of the VF-4 produced in 1/27 scale by three different companies, namely Musasiya (resin kit), Club-M (resin kit) and Hobby Base Retppu (plastic). There might be still a couple of event only kits around but I have no idea of it :(

Now, to my knowledge there were also a few variants between the VF-4 family...VF-4G...VF-4 Lightening etc. Differences between them are not much but mainly noticeable on little additional fins, fin tip variations etc.

"Valkyrie", you will also notice that in your original Musasiya kit, you have the option to build the VF-4 is either "standard" or "heavy" version. The one my friend and I will be release is the "heavy" version as apparently there is no lineart or ever anywhere mentioning of having a "standard" version; just like the Club-M kit where it comes with a gunpod and evryone knows that the VF-4 has no gunpod...guess all these are "extra touches" by the sculptor ;)

Now if we can just get someone to do a VF-11 Thunderbolt.................

341959[/snapback]

That wish will soon be granted :D

341990[/snapback]

Tease... :p

341998[/snapback]

hehe

Details will be coming soon

post-50-1131060100_thumb.jpg

342002[/snapback]

..........................I'm gonna cry...............