1/48 Recast Pilots

Roy's Blues

This is thread is to see if there is any interest in a recast of the 1/48 pilots.

I know that I want one or two to have as a spare in case the cat eats one or something. (shouldn't have eaten all that fish Hikaru)

With the 1/48 conversion kits on the way, my VF-1D is going to need a Rio.

I have PMed NightmareB4Macross about this, and if there is enough interest...

he'll sacrifice one of his 1/48 pilots aztec style.

Here is a linkto his 1/60 thread.

The tenative price he quoted me was one for 7.00 and 3 for 20.00.

I'll try to start a list, if you post here.

Please don't flood my PM box, as I have no details.

This Thread is to see if there is any interest in a recast of the 1/48 pilots only

Edited by Roy's Blues

from NightmareB4Macross

Pilots will be shipped in parts as to aid with in avoiding any shipping problems.

I think the pilot will be cut in several places to allow customizers to pin the pilots and allow posability. The areas affected will be:

1. Neck

2. Left Arm

3. Right Arm

4. Waist

MAYBE.....

I will look into the possibility of getting Minmei (with the pilot suit)sculpted for the 1D.

Yes, with a little creativity, Minmei could be shooting the bird at your less cool toys!

I'm interested in 2 recast pilots. My VF-1D project requires both, as the original 1/48 I'm working with is missing a pilot.

I too am curious about fitting for the back seater in 1D.

339906[/snapback]

According to John (Cap' Am'), the pilot will fit in the front seat, just as easily in the back seat.

Also, remember that Minmei is a little shorter, and I don't think there would be a problem with putting her in the co-pilot seat.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

All these were offered up a long time ago, though I could understand the demand for them now. I also did a TV pilot with the collars out and where the visor and face mask were off. I don't remember where I posted the pics. I'll try to get some new pics later. I have to ask Rohby though if he wants to pass those molds off to NB4M or do them himself.

Good luck in getting a LV pilot, anyone want to sacrifice theirs to be taken apart for recasting?

Anyone wants to sculpt a fully poseable 1.5 inch pilot figures with moving hands and feet so they can pose outside the valk and sit inside the cockpit? I mean, it wouldnt be too hard, wouldnt it, if the sculptor use the existing recast pilot figure as the base. The joints can be an easy snap-fit hinge.

just my 2 cents

Anyone wants to sculpt a fully poseable 1.5 inch pilot figures with moving hands and feet so they can pose outside the valk and sit inside the cockpit? I mean, it wouldnt be too hard, wouldnt it, if the sculptor use the existing recast pilot figure as the base. The joints can be an easy snap-fit hinge.

just my 2 cents

340023[/snapback]

Well if the pilot is cut in a certain way I think it can be done, but these would require metal pins to keep this pilot together. They can be shipped as kits. Assembling these things would be a nightmare due to the actual size of the pilots. I think that just using crazy glue would do the job just fine. The customizer can glue them in any static pose of their choice.

you know what... just PM me all your requests and I'll get the ball rolling, specify if you want the pilot to be the RIO for the 1D set, I got a feeling it'll need some modifications. We'll stick with NB4Ms prices with those.

you know what... just PM me all your requests and I'll get the ball rolling, specify if you want the pilot to be the RIO for the 1D set, I got a feeling it'll need some modifications.  We'll stick with NB4Ms prices with those.

340231[/snapback]

This is a silly question but...what's a Rio pilot?

you know what... just PM me all your requests and I'll get the ball rolling, specify if you want the pilot to be the RIO for the 1D set, I got a feeling it'll need some modifications.  We'll stick with NB4Ms prices with those.

340231[/snapback]

This is a silly question but...what's a Rio pilot?

340255[/snapback]

RIO - Naval acronym for Radar Intercept Officer.

Just to clarify:

The RIO is just a TV pilot. It just means that the legs will be bent a certain way if it has to for the backseat of the VF-1D, it's not a whole new figure. I'm not even sure if the present pilot needs any modification until I get my VF-1D kit from the Cap.

Just to clarify:

The RIO is just a TV pilot.  It just means that the legs will be bent a certain way if it has to for the backseat of the VF-1D, it's not a whole new figure.  I'm not even sure if the present pilot needs any modification until I get my VF-1D kit from the Cap.

340320[/snapback]

I think not much modification needs to be done, but we need to check on this.

• 2 months later...