The CMs DYRL flightsuit bitch thread

EXO

I see a lot of people trying to get the chase Max in his valk flight suit (technically the other blue figure is also DYRL Max) and I can't help but feel bad for the amount of people that dont have one. I don't know how well the 3 figure Millia set sold(also with the brilliant idea of including only 2 heads), but I guess they should have done the same with Max. Or gave away both Maxes in Set 3 and made the flower girl the chase. I probably would have wanted at least one flower girl if it was the chase, but as it stands right now, I don't even want 2.

So who out there has their chase Max sob story?

I have both the first and second series including the chase Minmay doll. I didn't get the cockpit because I only want the characters.

Currently I have no set #3 figures, mostly because the first run sold out to fast. But my chances of getting Max seem VERY slim if at all.

My opinion, they should have done the cockpit as the chase again. Selling a main char as a chase is completely ridiculous. Especially one as popular as Max.

I'm a completest. If I end up missing part of something I want to collect. It totally turns me off the collection alltogether.

Which is probably what's going to happen here.

definitely a stupid idea for making max the chase.  they've had all the other ones as regular figures and to make him a chase was just a not very well thought out idea.

338893[/snapback]

Not really that stupid. It's called strategic merchandising.

338970[/snapback]

Nah, I think the would sell more sets if the max dyrl flightsuit was a regular figure.

definitely a stupid idea for making max the chase.  they've had all the other ones as regular figures and to make him a chase was just a not very well thought out idea.

338893[/snapback]

Not really that stupid. It's called strategic merchandising.

338970[/snapback]

Nah, I think the would sell more sets if the max dyrl flightsuit was a regular figure.

338973[/snapback]

like when Roy's figure was in CMS 2? :rolleyes: nah, I dont think so. Just look at the sales of CMS 2. Some stores still have em up till now.

I don't have the Max Flightsuit, I don't have the Clear Hair Minmay

even though it pisses me off that I have Flowerbimbo twice, not to

mention Minmay's been released in some form in every bloody set

I'm NOT buying a second box

I have the roy cockpit,.. but no Hikaru

I have Roy and Hikaru in flightsuit, but no Max

Gee, guess I'll have to go broke buying large amounts of Set #3 to be

sure I get a Max

Or bend over on Ebay to be able to complete the collection

Nice marketing strategy CM's!

What's next?

one of the 3 bridgebunnies wil become a chase?

Wedding Max will become a Chase?

I have a great idea, why don't we make one of the 3 Zent spies a,....

Edited by Nightbat

i've searched through a few local shops here that carry trading figures and non of them has a max in dyrl suit. NON! so therefore i refrain from getting the rest unless i can find that max. otherwise it's really pointless for me....

anyone has one for me? :unsure:

I wanted DYRL Flightsuit Max.

I'm saving up money right now and not spending on ANYTHING at the moment. If I really want Max that bad, I'll hunt for him for years if I have to and pay whatever I deem is a fair price. Just like I did to get the DYRL Minmay (which I got the LE version with Hikaru for under $30).

Releasing him as a chase figure sucks hard. Having something neat and different as a chase is better. The Minmay doll was cool. The cockpit was neat. DYRL shower-scene Minmay would be fun. :lol: A non-central character would be cool.

I can see it from a company point a view that the strategy of Max DYRL as being a chase as an excellent idea. Hey it generates money. Now on the other hand, as a collector I am very pissed. I hope the 2 boxes I am getting from mindy will have a Max DYRL. He is my fav character and it sucks to have him as he chase. GRRRRR! :angry::angry:

Man I have scoured the local shops here in Japan for the Flight Suit Max. Just not to be found. Also most stores that I usually go to didn't stock up on the cases either. And now all of those are sold out. I think this time the Chase figure really is a chase. It also wouldn't surprise me in the least if they release the Flightsuit Max again in Series 4 and just vary the uniform color alittle.

The ones I have found on Yahoo Japan are selling quite high as well......too high.

Rob

The ones I have found on Yahoo Japan are selling quite high as well......too high.

Rob

339202[/snapback]

there goes the strategy, 3rd parties will be making more $$$ on one figure than the manufacturer on a box

Hell, I can sell half of mine on Evilbay, that's the wonderful thing about having every figure twice

I got one finally.  I am happy but still think it sucks that I had to hunt down this figure after buying a whole box.

340991[/snapback]

where'd you get yours from? :huh:

F&S
I got one finally.  I am happy but still think it sucks that I had to hunt down this figure after buying a whole box.

340991[/snapback]

341223[/snapback]

341258[/snapback]

was there anymore?

I think he had one left. Not positive though.

F&S

340991[/snapback]

341223[/snapback]

341258[/snapback]

was there anymore?

341260[/snapback]