Ridge Racer 6 new scans and info!

isamu

another possibly great thread ruined :angry: let us see if i can get it back on track here is a ton of new pics for the game.

Ridge Racer 6

edit : I just realized blackvalkyrie posted the link but i think everybody may have missed due to all the stupid fighting. the game looks awesome and if i get the 360 it will most likely be my first purchase.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Getting things back on subject, Ridge Racer 6 is one of the first two games I plan on getting with my 360 (the other being DOA 4). It's good to see the game is progressing nicely. :)

It's funny how ten years ago, I started off my PS1 with the first Ridge Racer and a 3D fighter (Toshinden). Now it looks like history is repating itself for me. I might add that I don't own an original Xbox. The thing that has sold me for going with a 360 has been all the Halo 2 playing I've got to do over the last year. Besides being able to play Halo 3 next year, I want to be able to go back and play the original Halos and a few other Xbox classics (like DOA Ultimate, which I picked up for $15 a few weeks ago).

I am currently still planning on getting a PS3 (got $400 in store credit I'm sitting on at Gamestop), though if that system ends up being too ridiculously expensive, that credit may go for additional 360 merchandise or perhaps Nintendo's Revolution... not including my beloved SNES (which I still have 3 dozen games for), I pretty much got rid of every other Nintendo system and game I have to help pay for my next generation of stuff, so I guess I might need some way to play all the Nintendo classics I no longer have! :D

I'M HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took a nap, woke up, made love to my GF, came to work and broke out my laptop to this.....

*BLOWS LOAD*

Agent IceBeezy....I want to turn gay, bring you flowers and make hot, steamy donkey sex to you like two niggers on a slave plantation!!!!! Thanks so much for posting these scans!!!!!!!!

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*unsnaps firearm holster*

I'm seriously thinking about doing it guys....this is too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best game......

E--E--E--E--E--E--V--V--V--V--E--R--R--R-R--R--R!!!!!

Do you guys HONESTLY think PGR3 looks as good as this game????? STAY OFF THE fartING DRUGS!!!!!! This takes a giant poo from MARS all over PGR3!!!!!!!!!!

NOVEMBER CAN'T CUM SOON ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just printed out those scans and stapled them to my cock!!!! I bullshit you NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RR6 = WHIPPENSEAN, KLEE, FIGHT FOR FREEDOM, XEXEX, OURUMOV, KAJIMA AND ISAMU ONLINE AND DRIFTING IN HARMONY THROUGH UPGRADED RAGE AND RAVE RACER TRACKS = HOT STEAMY, BRUTAL, VIOLENT, RAGING, THUNDEROUS KANGAROO SEX ONTOP OF THE MUTHAfartEN EMPIRE STATE BUILDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigboywinner9qu.jpg

bigboywinner9qu.jpg

bigboywinner9qu.jpg

headspin.gif

******************H-O-L-Y******************

***************F-U-C-K-I-N-G*****************

********************S-H-I-T*******************

I am so sorry gentlemen....but how in God's Green Name can you POSSIBLY say that Project Gotham Racing Three looks even REMOTELY better than this?????

Seriously....what is going here? Where did all these blind people come from? Do you realize what you are looking at here? To say that this RR game looks like a upgraded port of the PSP version is nothing short of a serious plea to be cannabalized by african savages from the jungle!

Has it even begun to seep into your brains that we are getting all the classic tracks from Rave, RType 4, Rage and all NEW ones in glorious Hi-Definition at a rock solid 60fps??????????? Has it seeped in your brain that we are getting a Ridge Racer game that will allow us to finally race these ridiculously awesome tracks over a broadband network with voice chat???????

C'mon guys....just sit back and think about what we're getting from Namco here.

*gazes at screencaps and continues to fill up house with jizz*

Quite easily--I don't wanna bring screenshots into the comparison, but gotham does have the benifit of far more complex backgrounds, spectators, and better lighting/shadow effects, etc.

But that doesn't mean this game doesn't look awesome, cause it does--they are two totally different animals, and I plan on grabbing them both!

O.K. I will concede that PGR3's tracks look slightly more realistic than RR6. But let's discuss one particular factor that no one seems to have brought up: Track Design.

Do me a favor.....go watch the recent gameplay vids of PGR3 and pay close attention to the tracks. Notice something? That's right....the designs of the tracks themselves are BLAND! They consist of too many straights, hard angular turns and NO elevation! They look BORING!!!

Now....take a look at the RR6 screencaps and watch the video. Notice how nice and curvy the tracks are. Notice the many elevation changes and uphill/downhill sections. Notice the various chicanes and banked parts of the roads. THAT is the Namco difference! And it is those differences that make RR6's tracks superior to PGR3.

And I'm sorry but from the vids I've seen of PGR3 so far, the sense of speed leaves a bit to be desired.....and that was in a freakin FERRARI ENZO!!!!!!!

The vid you see of RR6 has the slowest car in the game. I GUARANTEE YOU the fastest cars in RR6 are going to absolutely SMOKE the fastest cars in PGR3!!!!!!!!!

I took a nap, woke up, made love to my GF, came to work and broke out my laptop to this.....

*BLOWS LOAD*

Um... Why would you announce such a thing to the board? :huh: ((trying to convice us or just enjoy bragging?) I don't see the big deal over RR6. Unless you are personally working on the game, I see no reason for all this excitement. :blink:

*BLOWS LOAD*

Um... Why would you announce such a thing to the board? :huh: ((trying to convice us or just enjoy bragging?) I don't see the big deal over RR6. Unless you are personally working on the game, I see no reason for all this excitement. :blink:

335658[/snapback]

Some people juggle geese. :lol:

We have low budget PCs at work, so I actually saved all the RR screencaps and this thread, burned them to a CD-Rom, took it to work with me and gazed at the screencaps for nearly 8 hours straight LOLOLOLO!!!

Model 3, I spotted the dragon upon looking closer at the pic. Man, I hope it's animated and flies around and breathes fire, illuminating the sky! That'd be awesome!!!!

Isamu: What is your fav RR titles and which do u recommend? Sorry I dissed RR5.
I don't know about isamu, but I totally recommend Ridge Racer Revolution and Ridge Racer Type 4. Still the best in the series IMO.

O.K. guys here we go!!!!!

First of all, my fav RR titles as of now are as follows :

1)Ridge Racer V - Has the best drifting physics of all the games in the series. Has the best graphics of all the games. Is without a doubt THE hardest game in the series. Getting the trophy on the unlockable very hard mode is one thing....but coming in 1st place in ALL the races IN A ROW.....AND without using ANY retries is an excercise is patience and tedium. Also V has the most aggressive AI I have ever raced against BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just such a beautiful and complete RR game that any flaws it has are negligible at best.

2)Rage Racer - This is the game that literally got me into the Ridge Racer series. I took one look at the very first screenshots in GameFan Magazine way back in 1996 and knew right then and there that this was a game I'd be able to sink my teeth into. Everything about this game screams quality.

The track designs in Rage Racer are, to date, the most thrilling and innovative tracks out of every racing game(except maybe Trackmania Sunrise, since you can already make your own tracks :p ) The structure of the game is simple yet engrossing....race for money and upgrade your cars both cosmetically and performance wise.

Probably the coolest surprise for me came when I finally beat the "standard GP", and then being introduced to the "Extra GP", where all the tracks are in reverse, and seeing that RR logo turn gold!!!! I was like "HOLY CRAP! THIS IS WAAAAAAY TOO COOL FOR ITS OWN GOOD!!!" Man....beating the Extra GP and those super Devil/Angel cars was an exilerating and frustrating experience!

Then there is the whole music aspect....I am one of those few people who don't particularly care for the music that is already in racing games. I actually prefer listening to my own music. Well, Rage Racer was no different. Rage Racer was the first racing game I actually went to Radio Shack and bought a DJ Mixer for! Yup that is correct my friends....ISAMU WAS DOING CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS BEFORE MICROSOFT AND THE XBOX CAME ALONG LOL! I am the grandfather of the custom soundtrack idea! I actually took my own tunes and blended them with the engine sound effects from the game, and the results were orgasmic to say the least!

Why do I use the word "Orgasmic"? Because that is what it was! Let me tell you something....you had to be there man! I was just getting heavily heavily HEAVILY into Depeche Mode back in those days(still am very much so BTW). There was nothing....and I mean NOTHING like burning down the road at a fast pace on the Oval track in Rage Racer, while listening to the remix of "Get the Balance Right", "Halo", "In Your Memory", "Behind the Wheel" and "Route 66" and other DM classics!!! It was just rapture and joy!!

So yeah Rage had a big impact on me as far as my love for the RR series goes.

3)RR Type 4 Hi-Spec/Hi-Rez BONUS DISC - Yup, that's right...this is my third favorite RR game. Basically you can say it's Ridge Racer 1, but running in GLORIOUS 60fps...ON THE FRIGGEN PS ONE!!!!!!!!!!! I was in awe when I first booted up this game! This was the first time I played and invested significant time into Ridge Racer 1. I never got into either RR1 for the arcade, the original RR for PS One or RR Revolution(YES WHIPPEN SEAN...YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY....I do not and have never owned Ridge Racer 1 or RR Revolution....don't hate me man! I will get them just for collector's sake soon!!!)

Anyway RR 4 Hi-Spec disc was just super cool and mad fun even though it only has one track and was based off the original. It made me realize how fun the original arcade version is because of the fantastic controls and the silky smooth frame rate. Wooo!

4)Ridge Racer Type 4 - Ahh R4...you either love it or hate it. Well I love it. Not quite as much as the first three on my list, but love it nonetheless. So why is this one at the bottom of the food chain? Well it's simple. Canned drift physics! And I mean REALLY canned drift physics! You were practically steered safely back on the road by the car! The ease of the drift mechanics coupled with the radically decreased difficulty level of progressing through the game makes this the bicycle training wheels of RR games, and utimately left juuust the slightest of bitter tastes in my mouth.

BUT....those flaws are almost offset by the fantastic cars and courses in RR Type 4. I have heard quite a few people diss the courses in R4, but I just don't agree. How can you not like that awesome night course with the big jump?! Or how about the one with the industrial scenery(sorry guys, it's been so long since I played R4 I completely forgot the names of these courses LOLOL)?

Or how about my favorite of them all, Shooting Hoops? FIREWORKS MAN!!!! FIREWORKS!!!! Plus it wasn't an oval like in the rest of the game. It was an 8 figure!!! But an 8 figure track with speed!!!! Man...shooting hoops was just awesome!!!

Anyway those are my favorite RR games and in that order. Rave Racer would be number 5 because although I have it on VivaNonno, I haven't played it that often, which I will get around to soon.

PSP version I haven't played because well...I just don't like having either an analog nob or a D-pad shoved down my throat! And that is exactly what will happen if I buy a PSP and RRs. I have never ONCE played an RR game seriously with an analog stick or a d-pad, and don't want to start now. I MUST have a steering wheel or at LEAST a Namco NeGcon(best control pad on the planet....PERIOD!!!). So, I may never get to see all that Ridge Racers PSP has to offer, but hey, that's O.K. by me :)

You can see me practicing my Ridge Racer skillz *HERE*

Yu formed Digital Rex. Dammit i want shenmue 3 this upcoming gen BAD.

Yu did NOT form Digital Rex. He is still with AM Vision

Wow. I hoped RR6 would be superb, I find it interesting that we didn't get to see hardly "any" pictures/info/preview on this game till so close to its release, but I am not complaining at all!

I think I relate with you Isamu, this looks like a superb title. Yes, the waterfalls have me very excited. I hope there are a bunch of them all together, I'll park my car in front of them for 20 minutes; online! Y'all can just drive to the finish and I'll setup a roadblock w/my car while I stare at the beauty!

You know, I think Sega needs to get a hot girl/spokeswoman for their arcade titles, take a page from Namco eh?

They said in the past that they wanted to add more personality to their games, and go ahead and make drivers also with names & faces.

Well Model 3....they sure did add their personality to the game :)

I was just wondering:

I know Genki did the work for Sega in the conversion of VF3tb and DaytonaUSA2001 for Dreamcast, with AM2 and AV respectively overseeing; and Genki has done TokyoExtremeRacer/Shutoku Battle 1&2 for DC, Zero & 3 on PS2, and those Kaido Battle titles for PS2 in Japan.

I read, like a unsubstantiated report awhile back, that some or all of Genki team members are "from" Sega AM2 ? Just wondering, because there are some good graphics/style in those games that remind me of Sega titles....

Sega needs to get Genki going genking "stat" on the Model 3 collection, or OR2SP/C2C; that is only if Sumo Digital is too busy to take on those projects. hint,hint = )

I have been enjoying some quality time this weekend with my Sega Saturn & Dreamcast, good games.

Though a Model 3 Collection would be superb on X360 or PS3, or hidden in SHenmue 3, I had a few other "crazy" ideas.

I know the 32x for Genesis wasn't hot, but for awhile back Sega was talking a "64x" like add-on for the SegaSaturn through its cartridge expansion for the Model 3 conversion titles, which would have been wild crazy!!! It never happened, but it was fun to read in the magazines at the time. Sega could be crazy and make us a 64x Model 3 collection to play on our Saturns......= ) !

Or the other more feasible one, is to actually program Model 3 Collection Scudrace/Daytona2 for the Dreamcast as a bonus disc "in addition" to the Model 3 collection for X360/PS3. Why do this? I know, it would be superb to get on the next-gen, but from a fan's standpoint, even if the conversion is less than 100%, wouldn't it be superfly a cool feeling that Sega would make us the game we "should" have gotten for our DC's ? I know it would be a wild crazy dream come true for me to put "that" game disc in my Dreamcast......

If I ever become a Sega exec, I would like to implement this crazy idea as a way of saying, "we admit, these titles should have hit the DC & they didn't, so here they are and we are really sorry, we hope this apology/game will make you feel better!" Oh yeah, my #1 project! Followed by a huge marketing blitz of oh yeah, and by the way, we're bringing you DaytonaUSA3 & Scudrace2 stat! So buckle up and get ready to start your engines!

Anyway, just wild dreams from a crazy Sega arcade fan...... ***sigh*** ..... one can dream right? Wasn't the machine supposed to "cast dreams?" haha

sorry, one more thing, from a marketing standpoint, I wish that Yuji Naka would have made up his mind and put NiGHTS2 on the Dreamcast, I mean how much more of a better name could you get for NiGHTS2/DREAMcast? You know? I mean that should have been a marketing move from Day 1!

Though OR:C2C is the #1 title in my heart right now, Namco's RidgeRacer6 is looking to be the best arcade racing game to, if I would be so bold to say, "tide us over" till C2C, but RR6 is looking to do oh so greatly much more than that, it may satiate and even surpass some of our appetites/longings for C2C and make the wait more bearable.

Like Isamu said, if RR6 has 30 courses or so and that 's like many from the franchise's past, it is a superb compilation. The other exciting thing is that its either 720p or 1080i output from X360 right? That should be "stunning" to see at that resolution & 60fps. Shock & awe baby!

I read something back on PS3, that Namco plans to put RR6 on PS3 as well? I dunno, I thought it odd that Namco chose X360 over PS3 to debut RR6, but Namco did debut Soul Calibur on DC exclusively, so Namco isn't all 100% "only" Sony's consoles "all" the time. (just that Namco did seem to keep Ridge Racer & Tekken strictly Sony so far till now)

That is correct dude....it is indeed coming to PS3!!!

Isamu: I know the meaning of "OMFG," but what is OT? I don't know all the abbrev. I had a grin on my face when I read that topic line. = )

You know "wtf" right? I saw this car the other day, the plate had like ### WTF. I was like, to myself, "WTF?!" haha, I wonder if the driver knows it or not. funny stuff.

My behind is in here!!!! = ) I've clicked all over those links! Thanks 4 calling me out! I am excited to see these new RR6 screens! It just seemd like forever for Namco to show us anything, I know they had announced the title but previews had been slim pickings.

Good Lord Isamu! RR6 is looking beautiful! I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time in this game, but especially in Crossbay Tunnel and the Waterfalls course!!!! Suite!

OR2:SP is also amazingly beautiful, but we are still waiting for official confirmation home, RR6 is coming home so we can celebrate to that certainty Isamu!!!

Online XboxLive, yes, I should get connected. You know "Live" backwards is....."evil!"

Is Namco making a PS3 arcade board like they did with PS1 & PS2?

OT stands for off topic, which several posters have already attempted to do here :)

Oh and don't worry.....we will be able to celebrate BOTH games in due time M3!! :D

Model 3....I cannot convey in words how awesome it is gonna be to play this game with other hardcore RR fans late at night while sippin on a brew!

I notice you're somewhat of a night-owl LOL, that is a good thing man. It means I can look forward racing against 'ya around this time. I'm here in Los Angeles and I think you're on the west coast too, right? I usually don't go to bed till around 4 or 5 in the morning....but once I start getting into my racing games and playing RR6, I'm gonna be on that sucker til like 7:00AM PST LOL!!! C'mon man you better start training yourself to be an insomniac like me cuz It's all about racing through Ridge City til dawn baby!!!!

The good thing is that VR, rjay and other folks here are from the U.K. and they're about 8 hours ahead of West Coast California time. So that means when 12:00 Midnight hits here, VR will probably just be waking up and will jump right into Coast 2 Coast for at least an 8 hours session LOL!!!

Man...I cannot sleep....those pics of that night environment....man....if they animate that rollercoaster and that ferris wheel, Im gonna farting LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!

Those pics on watch impress have more than Namco's site, it would appear!

Wow, I was just looking over the night course, OMFG is right.

I saw that photo of: the ferris wheel, that thing HAS to turn; fireworks that have to explode, and a spotlight that's gotta move, and what looks like a castle, the magic kingdom Disney-like castle, man that night stage has Vegas/amusement park fantasy awesomeness all over it, I love seeing Neon signs/stuff at night. Seeing the shadows/colors/shading in that stage sends me to the .... moon. "drive.....me to the mooon......"

Ok, further inspection: I see a sign says "Wonder City" though it is called else. that's coo! I see what looks like a Big Ben clock tower to the left of the magic kingdom, man that is straight up our alley. and I just noticed, "around" the ferris wheel is........ roller coaster tracks baby!!!! Rolla coaster.........a hoo hoo hoo. That thing's gotta have moving coasters!!!

Oh and when you enter one of the tunnels there, above it it has like brick/brick like a castle top!!!! (like Daytona2 baby!) Cool lights, cool tropic trees, man I am gonna go crazy.

This is too good to be true!

Man model....

you should be an advertisement writer! Your descriptions of things are just off the charts dude! The way you just described those Crossbay Tunnel tracks makes me want to play the game right NOW so badly!

While reading your description and gazing at the screenshots I suddendly got this warm nostalgic feeling of being a kid at Disneyland! That ferris wheel wraped around by that roller coaster gives me that "being there" feeling.

Man....this is just.......nuts. I cannot believe what I am seeing. Ridge Racer with these kinda visuals....at 60fps....in these environments.....on these beautifully designed roads....all in 720p res....AND online. It's crazy beyond belief! If there was ever an appropriate time to use the term "We're not Worthy", it's now!

I forgot one thing: I was looking at the night course screen again and saw...................a dragon!!!

Namco's getting medieval on us, first a t-rex and now a dragon!!!! Insane!!!

I hope he breathes fire, roars, or flies around a bit. wild crazy! (in a castle rock tower next to the roller coaster track and ferris wheel)

RR6 FOR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!!!!!!

Did you graduate middle school? Or did you repeatingly skip your english class to smoke?

That Gamespot article is actually pretty damned balanced and fair. Pointing alot of pros and cons about how MS maybe totally miss-stepped, but also points out that the PS3 isn't and won't be except either.

Did you graduate middle school? Or did you repeatingly skip your english class to smoke?

That Gamespot article is actually pretty damned balanced and fair. Pointing alot of pros and cons about how MS maybe totally miss-stepped, but also points out that the PS3 isn't and won't be except either.

336426[/snapback]

I doubt he even finish elementary school because he kept spelling "s" with "$".

360 or PS3? It doesn't matter because I'll wait for the later versions and to see how big the game libraries are before deciding on a purchase.

Usually, better games will show up months after their initial release. Never trust something a Troll said here.

862_0004.jpg

862_0005.jpg

862_0006.jpg

862_0007.jpg

862_0008.jpg

862_0009.jpg

862_0010.jpg

862_0011.jpg

862_0012.jpg

862_0013.jpg

::sigh::....Blim's Blim.... please PM me whenever you start a new RR6 thread. This forum is cluttered with threads and I nearly missed this one.

Anyway fart ALL THE HATERS! GAME OF THE CETNURY!!!!

You guys just don't know what the fart you want out of life. You complain that PGR3 doesn't run at 60fps so you're not gonna buy it. Then when a racing game DOES come out and runs at a butter smooth 60fps, you say it looks dissapointing, and will get PGR3 instead. Make up your farting mind! For me, 60fps is CRUCIAL!!! No 60fps NO SALE!!!! The game could look like Road Rash for the 3DO and I'd STILL buy it if it was 60fps.

Priorities people. To say that RR6 looks like crap is like begging to be sexually ravaged by African jungle savages.

"Hi, I'd like to order a next-gen game. What? All you can give me is shitty car models and a bunch of jaggy edges? Nevermind then."

The backgrounds don't look that bad, but those car models are absolute garbage. Certainly doesn't look like what I'd hope a "next gen" game would look like. Thumbs up for disapointing launch titles.