TV Ghost - 1/72 model kit

honneamise

Guest Bromgrev
The Ghost kit just got bumped to 2nd on the build list behind the Oberth.

402273[/snapback]

Someone's building the Oberth! :)

Build thread! Build thread, please!! :D

The Ghost kit just got bumped to 2nd on the build list behind the Oberth.

402273[/snapback]

Someone's building the Oberth! :)

Build thread! Build thread, please!! :D

402473[/snapback]

I´m glad my own Oberth will not be the only built one in the world :p !

BTW the only"tricky" part is attaching the nose part straight. I had planned keyed pins and stuff but I was not able to cast it properly so it ended up with two flat mating surfaces.

Otherwise, it should be a 2-3 days build, apart from the fact that I don´t know a single person who can actually spare all this time at once without real life interfering.... :( I´d love to see what you guys make of it... or the Ghost - don´t know when I get some time to build one for myself - hell I don´t even have proper parts, they´re all shipped or at least reserved! :D

As for the Ghost kits, I´ll have to fix some molds next week and I hope to have the last 20something ready in about 2-3 weeks.

Before I start something new (still fiddling around with the figure set idea....), if there´s enough interest I could make a new run of Oberths as well, shouldn´t take too long.

As for the Ghost kits, I´ll have to fix some molds next week and I hope to have the last 20something ready in about 2-3 weeks.

Before I start something new (still fiddling around with the figure set idea....), if there´s enough interest I could make a new run of Oberths as well, shouldn´t take too long.

402490[/snapback]

Got mine yesterday! Awesome kit! I'm definitely down for an Oberth or two...

Got mine yesterday, with the Oberth. Both kits are amazing, I can see your love in these proyects. Instructions are very useful, thanks for all, Honneamise!!

• 2 weeks later...

My copies arrived yesterday. It's quite nice.

This is one of the better-engineered GK's I've purchased.

In the picture I thought the landing gear may have been metal. I can hook you up with a guy who does metal casting if you want...

Oh, and if you do make Obereths available again, I'm in for one or two.

Edited by TER-OR

My copies arrived yesterday.  It's quite nice.

This is one of the better-engineered GK's I've purchased.

In the picture I thought the landing gear may have been metal.  I can hook you up with a guy who does metal casting if you want...

Oh, and if you do make Obereths available again, I'm in for one or two.

407573[/snapback]

I´m glad you like it. The gear is resin with aluminium powder and it should be stronger than the white stuff. While not as sturdy as metal, it should carry the weight of the kit easily - I´ve tested it with an additional 500g weight put onto the fuselage and it did not bend or break after 2 days.

As for the Oberth, I should have some available by mid-July.

Edited by honneamise

What's the next project man?

407739[/snapback]

Well I have several ideas.... the little people set in 1/72, but I haven´t been able to track down those Preiser base figures, everyone seems to sell them in 1/87 but no 1/72 so far, but after my holidays I´m going to order them.

and Destroids, definitely. The Cheyenne is almost complete in my head, just need to do it in plastic :D The older ones would be cool, too. I need to duplicate and improve the IMAI Defender´s legs anyway -I want them as replacements for my ARII Tomahawk. While I´m at it, I could re-build the rest of the Tomahawk (too under-detailed and boxy) and make a Phalanx as well.....

And, as an architectural modeler whose customers are all broke, I could take my time and make a model of a certain Chinese restaurant....

I´m glad you like it. The gear is resin with aluminium powder and it should be stronger than the white stuff. While not as sturdy as metal, it should carry the weight of the kit easily - I´ve tested it with an additional 500g weight put onto the fuselage and it did not bend  or break after 2 days.

As for the Oberth, I should have some available by mid-July.

407731[/snapback]

I plan to hollow out the fuselage to lighten it anyway - so the stronger resin is a welcome bit of news. I did evaluate it a little, and the struts do seem quite strong.

I'll have to keep my eye open when you re-release the Obereth.

So far my wife isn't complaining too loudly about these purchases.. B))

What's the next project man?

407739[/snapback]

Well I have several ideas.... the little people set in 1/72, but I haven´t been able to track down those Preiser base figures, everyone seems to sell them in 1/87 but no 1/72 so far, but after my holidays I´m going to order them.

and Destroids, definitely. The Cheyenne is almost complete in my head, just need to do it in plastic :D The older ones would be cool, too. I need to duplicate and improve the IMAI Defender´s legs anyway -I want them as replacements for my ARII Tomahawk. While I´m at it, I could re-build the rest of the Tomahawk (too under-detailed and boxy) and make a Phalanx as well.....

And, as an architectural modeler whose customers are all broke, I could take my time and make a model of a certain Chinese restaurant....

407792[/snapback]

I believe that Mr. Moscato is planning a run of the old destroids actually, he's says that's his next project. A Cheyenne would be so sweet though.

I'll send you my Preiser 1/72 figs if that will speed up the process.

Architectural models are always welcome for a great diorams btw.

Still want a full vehicles set too, I'd order like 5 sets dude.

I believe that Mr. Moscato is planning a run of the old destroids actually, he's says that's his next project. A Cheyenne would be so sweet though.

Good to know, he´ll have them finished in no time and in good quality, I´ll stick to the Cheyenne then.

Thanks for the offer, but I strongly hope to get them here at last!

:D I mean if they are MADE here, they should be available...

Wow cool... but what does "full set" mean? Well the 6wheeler for pilot transportation of course, a trailer for damaged mecha like in the 1/100 factory set? There was also some kind of airfield car in the set and a lorry with a moveable working platform... anything else? Globals representative car from ep.1,.... the lorry that helped getting the VF-1D out of way, wasn´t there a fish on it??? I´m sure there were lots more, need to check the Perfect Memory book again.... loads of vehicles :blink:

407832[/snapback]

Well in the 1/100 set there was a transport vehicle, a generator vehicle and a cherry picker truck, the flat platform thing you could skip since that was just part of the diorama.

Ever thought about recreating some kind of diorama stuff like the factory in 1/72 scale

I'd kill for something like that, Hangars, military buildings, command center, factory etc... all made in the likeness of the Macross airfield

Good to know, he´ll have them finished in no time and in good quality, I´ll stick to the Cheyenne then.

Thanks for the offer, but I strongly hope to get them here at last!

:D I mean if they are MADE here, they should be available...

Wow cool... but what does "full set" mean? Well the 6wheeler for pilot transportation of course, a trailer for damaged mecha like in the 1/100 factory set? There was also some kind of airfield car in the set and a lorry with a moveable working platform... anything else? Globals representative car from ep.1,.... the lorry that helped getting the VF-1D out of way, wasn´t there a fish on it??? I´m sure there were lots more, need to check the Perfect Memory book again.... loads of vehicles :blink:

407832[/snapback]

407835[/snapback]

You got me with the Limo dude! I think I'm going to have to find another obscure subject to pattern.

A model of that 10 wheeled mobile food stand would be cool

theres a good lineart of it in Perfect memory.

407971[/snapback]

Are you talking about the "DL-88 Centipede" on p.166? I didn´t know its purpose, but it is a real monster, about 6m tall I guess - awesome, bigger than a destroid!

I need to find suitable wheels for this one, maybe the ones from a Dougram Bromry Van come close... (in 1/48 scale I could use the wheels fron a 1/32 Revell Atomic Cannon kit) But this one should be a separate model, if it was included in a set it would make it VERY expensive!

A model of that 10 wheeled mobile food stand would be cool

theres a good lineart of it in Perfect memory.

407971[/snapback]

Hmm, I have no clue about that one. :huh:

Now don't forget the legendary Petit cola vending machine. ;)

407995[/snapback]

That Cola machine was the starting point of the whole figure/vehicle set idea! Roy and Hikaru with their cola cans looking at Minmay´s "nice landing gear" (Roy, according to the german dub) -plus the annoying kid of course.

Edited by honneamise

This thread needs some images at this point. Here are all of the SDF Macross vehicles I have images of that I think could work in 1/72 ( I've also thrown in some other rarely seen stuff) Now we can discuss them with a little more clarity.

Perhaps we should start a thread where folks can post images they have of the more rarely seen items?

Anyway I digress :Voila!

Sorry tried to use imageshack for a higher res but kept getting this error mess: Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed. What's up off-site hosting is now a no-no?? :o:unsure::huh::angry:

post-2604-1150474915_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chas

I started on a 1/72 tow tractor a while back... even managed to recover my old CAD drawings of it not too long ago. Maybe I should start that project up again...

(it's the one next to the cherry picker in that pic)

I was planning on selling it as a kit along with a GU-11 gunpod transport/loading cart. There's no design art of it in any book, but the partial side view of it in episode 1 shoud be enough to go on.