My 1/48 VF-1A brownie came without a heatshield!

Sephiroth

SOrry to hear that...I replaced about 4 heatshields out of the 1/48 over the past few years....All out of my pocket...

-Kevin

330920[/snapback]

I know, Kevin. I was one of those people you helped. I wish that Yamato was more agreeable to take care of missing parts, cause it sucks for you to have to pick up the cost of their mistake. Still, I very much appreciate your service to your customers! :D

After reading this thread about your missing heat shield, i went to check if mine was there...

Phew!... it was. But once I pasted the stickers and transformed it, I was shock and disappointed to find the moulding of the head was bad. There was a small hole on the front side where the vents are. Aargh!....

Jerry

After reading this thread about your missing heat shield, i went to check if mine was there...

Phew!... it was. But once I pasted the stickers and transformed it, I was shock and disappointed to find the moulding of the head was bad. There was a small hole on the front side where the vents are. Aargh!....

Jerry

331526[/snapback]

can you show us where that location is?

The suck!  Hope you can get it fixed somehow... but so your misery isn't a total loss and without some amusement value, how about some pics in battroid next to the also-shieldless 1/55?

-Al

330980[/snapback]

Here ya go...

1128188898997_Super_VF_1A_Battroid.jpg

331003[/snapback]

Still looks nice even without thw heat shield.

I can see that it's wearing a TV fastpack. Anyone has pix of the brownie with DYRL fastpack? Besides, it is a DYRL valk... ;)

Eh well... It's just there... kind of like it wasn't moulded properly... :(

It's came straight out of the box like that... :angry:

332008[/snapback]

hi yea i realize it came out of the box like that i was wondering if the hole was a melted hole or a cracked hole like one of the machines got ahold of it during manufacturing.

chris

Ken wrote me back today and said he was going to exchange the part [from another one] and send me the heatshield since Yamato seems unable or unwilling to provide a replacment. www.toy-wave.com rocks!

eming,

I'm sorry that your VF-1A had quality issues as well. I'm really disappointed in Yamato over this whole situation as it seems like there is always something with every release they've had...you'd think they would have tightened their quality control standards by now.

Oh crap, did Toynami just buy out Yamato and then become Toynyamatomi?

:lol::lol::lol:

Well it doesn't look like it was damaged by a machine or melted.... :unsure:

Oh well! Have emailed the seller, see if he can help out. :)

*Prays*....

332101[/snapback]

tough luck bro... get back to the seller is a rather good idea. let him do the follow up. ;)

looks like I better get on to check my brownie also ....

Ken wrote me back today and said he was going to exchange the part [from another one] and send me the heatshield since Yamato seems unable or unwilling to provide a replacment. www.toy-wave.com rocks! 

eming,

I'm sorry that your VF-1A had quality issues as well.  I'm really disappointed in Yamato over this whole situation as it seems like there is always something with every release they've had...you'd think they would have tightened their quality control standards by now.

332018[/snapback]

Good on Ken.

But that still sucks how he comes out short. But maybe as a dealer he can pull some strings and actually get a real replacement.

Ken can sell the other one at a discount. It'd be a good candidate for one of the VF-1D conversion since those will need new heatshields.

Also, I believe Rohby has a mold for the heatshield since he did one for me a while back. You just have to match the paint for whichever valk you need it for.

Oh crap, did Toynami just buy out Yamato and then become Toynyamatomi?

That would be a very sad day. Sales would drop, prices on ebay would go down to 1/3 the price new, and people would be forced to send back thiers in exchange for another one that is in the exact same (almost ready to crack) condition as the one they were complaining about. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

QUOTE(eming @ Sep 28 2005, 12:43 AM)

Here you go... 

Anybody know the email add of Yamato's customer service?

I want to ask them if i can get a replacement head.

Sorry if this is OT....

You've got the ultra rare battle damaged version I reckon. 

Graham

Just got my replacement VF-1A CF head from the seller.

:lol::lol::lol: