MGS 4 : Guns of the Patriots

wolfx

Playing as Snake was great! Octo-Camo is awesome!

Yeah, it works better than I thought. Cause while you can see Snake bright and clear when you play as him, others don't see him at all with the camo activated, as if Snake is totally invisible...as long as you don't move and lie down. There are occasions when I just lie on the floor facing up shooting at 2 guys running by (one stepped on me actually), and they just look all panic and running around as if hunted by a ghost, shooting randomly trying to locate me, when I was just lying still in front of them. However, some slight movement will blow your cover. Fun stuff. ^_^

That's a truly f*cked up tease. Playable flashbacks? Playable/unlockable full game? Could this be what Kojima was trying to jam into the 50 gigs? Soooo cruel not to tell!

Just curious if anyone's seen me running around in the online beta. My character's name is Keith. The servers seem to be pretty small most of the time, less than 200 people in the morning, sometimes upwards of 800 at night, So chances are some of us had to have crossed.

Well just to say I'm really looking forward to MGS4 !

I'm a huge Metal Gear nut... (I played everything, I even completed the NES Metal Gear and Snake's Revenge - which to my surprise wasn't actually that bad) and I don't think there's any other game I've waited more than MGS4. Of course I've go full confidence that Hideo Kojima will deliver !

I actually plan to redo the the entire series in chronological order in preparation for Metal Gear Solid 4 :

MGS3 -> MPO -> MG1 -> MG2 -> MGS:TS -> MGS2

And then I'll be ready for the final chapter :D

As for Metal Gear Online I've been playing a bit and it's pretty fun. I must say I was somewhat underwhelmed at first but the more I play the more fun I have - and the latest added map from MGS4 just looks gorgeous, so does snake. I must the sneaking mission mode is awesome and it's exactly the kind of stuff I want from a online metal gear :)

-Sergorn

Im with you on this Sergorn, I don't think I've ever been more excited about a game than MGS4. I'll keep an eye out for you online Keith, if anyone sees my name (dizman) give a shoutout, my mic's busted but I'll still type back. On the MGO front I've been really into knife combat servers, especially 1v1 knife fights, they are quite addictive.

I think I kinda suck at this game.

I tend to suck at these type games cause I can never devote playing hours of my day to get good at it. Been this way ever since the old Star Wars Jedi knight game. There are these players who live in the game I swear can only get a boner by killing the newbies. Best I did was placing 4th in a match. Last night last place in every game. I'm still at level zero. I totally suck when directly confronted. I do better when shooting someone in the back or hiding.

Plus I'm the guy they are saying "Kick this fool!" in text chat.

I think I kinda suck at this game.

I tend to suck at these type games cause I can never devote playing hours of my day to get good at it. Been this way ever since the old Star Wars Jedi knight game. There are these players who live in the game I swear can only get a boner by killing the newbies. Best I did was placing 4th in a match. Last night last place in every game. I'm still at level zero. I totally suck when directly confronted. I do better when shooting someone in the back or hiding.

Plus I'm the guy they are saying "Kick this fool!" in text chat.

I sucked too, then began to focus on sniping. Now, while I'm not a superstar player, I can definately hold my own. Best thing I can reccomend, is to alternate between sniper & handgun. It's as simple as hitting R2, and it does wonders. When someone is far off, switch to your SVD, when you here someone close up, do a quick switch to your handgun (auto-lock does wonders), and fire away, rinse, repeat.

It's a connection speed issue. I think you have to be at 512 kps to host, 128 kps min to play. And the censor system is pretty entertaining, b!tch is also censored. I never thought I needed a headset before, but this game is really making me want one.

I've put up an SMS Skull Team clan, with a crappy handrawn logo if anyone wants to join... I was either going to go with that, or Dai Gurren Dan, but Macross has to come first!

Edited by Keith

Nice find Apollo Leader. I had fun playing with you guys in MGO (SMS Skull Team!) and its a shame MGO Beta is over but look on the brightside, 1 month left to wait! Oh and one last thing, that double headshot was amazing (too bad you guys were on the receiving end :lol: ).

Edited by dizman

Nice find Apollo Leader. I had fun playing with you guys in MGO (SMS Skull Team!) and its a shame MGO Beta is over but look on the brightside, 1 month left to wait! Oh and one last thing, that double headshot was amazing (too bad you guys were on the receiving end :lol: ).

I was laughing my ass off when that double headshot happened. I guess it just speaks well for the games Physics engine, when a bullet can realistically pass through one head to the next, but damn, I almost forgot about that last night.

I decided to check out the beta one last time before the server went down. Which resulted in me Spawning, promptly getting hit by a grenade, the round ending, and some spazz not hitting Start to begin the next round & completely wasting the last minute! EVen if stats don't carry over, hopefully clans & profiles will. I'd hate to have to try drawing that logo again, though I do plan on attempting a more accurate to F one. After the servers went down, I tried playing MGPO+ online, and after MGO it just isn't even close to the same level of fun.

Edited by Keith

I was laughing my ass off when that double headshot happened. I guess it just speaks well for the games Physics engine, when a bullet can realistically pass through one head to the next, but damn, I almost forgot about that last night.

I decided to check out the beta one last time before the server went down. Which resulted in me Spawning, promptly getting hit by a grenade, the round ending, and some spazz not hitting Start to begin the next round & completely wasting the last minute! EVen if stats don't carry over, hopefully clans & profiles will. I'd hate to have to try drawing that logo again, though I do plan on attempting a more accurate to F one. After the servers went down, I tried playing MGPO+ online, and after MGO it just isn't even close to the same level of fun.

Yeah I'm in hopes that we can keep our profiles as well, just get rid of the stats. I would like to keep my friends list. MGO to me is the most fun I've had palying an online game in a long time. Theres just something about hiding in a box and then popping out at the right time to slit someones throat ya know (no I'm not a psycho).

Those truly recapture the lost art of the 80's sci-fi movie. Kojima really should be proud, as everything I've seen of this game just spills out pure quality. That, and I get the feeling this one will have plots twists that make MGS2's tweaked moments seem like seasame street :)

Heh very nice! So 5 military PMC's from different countries, here I was thinking there would only be 2 sides...... fancy. Oh and snake turns young before your eyes (yay for technology). I somehow doubt anything can get as twisted as those crazy Campbell phonecalls in Arsenal Gear (turn off the game now comes to mind) but I'm sure we are in for a few twists and meandering moments. Um how do I use the black bar so I don't spoil things for others?

Edited by dizman

I'm definately learning towards getting this. Is that average price for a bluetooth?

It's a mid range price for a BT headset, but who knows how good this one is...don't know who is actually making it for Pelican/Konami. Even so, it is pretty darn good looking.

And the Japan Only Limited"Hagane" Bundle appears as well:

MGS4_PS3_LE.jpg

From Konami's Website Only

40GB Steel PS3

Dual SHock 3 in Hagane color

Limited version of MGS4 (with the Shoji Artwork and extra Blu-ray and CD soundtrack)

$599 (!)

Pricey, but Ohhh so sexy. This thing will easily fetch more once it's released. Keep in mind though, it's a standard 40GB so no PS2 games, just PS1 games.

Konami Website ONLY LIMITED EDITION MGS4 PS3

Edited by Gaijin

It's a mid range price for a BT headset, but who knows how good this one is...don't know who is actually making it for Pelican/Konami. Even so, it is pretty darn good looking.

And the Japan Only Limited"Hagane" Bundle appears as well:

MGS4_PS3_LE.jpg

From Konami's Website Only

40GB Steel PS3

Dual SHock 3 in Hagane color

Limited version of MGS4 (with the Shoji Artwork and extra Blu-ray and CD soundtrack)

$599 (!)

Pricey, but Ohhh so sexy. This thing will easily fetch more once it's released. Keep in mind though, it's a standard 40GB so no PS2 games, just PS1 games.

Konami Website ONLY LIMITED EDITION MGS4 PS3

That is truly the ideal PS3 box set right there, If I didnt have a PS3 already this is the one id get. IMO MGS4 is the only game that will push ppl into buying a PS3, the othjer games are mostly ports from the xbox 360 andsonys official line up of games isnt that great atm.

Only downside I see is that it's the 40 gig model. Thought they were supposed to be packing in with 80 gig models? Regardless of the game included, seems like a gyp for that factor.