Favorite Transforming Valk (anime-only)

treatment

which one is your favorite transforming valk?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. which one is your favorite transforming valk?

• SV-51/SV-52 /with boosters
    • VF-0D
    • VF-0A /with ghostboosters
    • VF-0S /with ghostboosters
    • VF-1A
    • VF-1J
    • VF-1S/Super-VF-1S
    • Super-VF-1A
    • Strike-VF-1S
    • VT-1 Super Ostrich
    • VF-11B/with FP
    • VF-11C/D/MAXL
    • YF-19/FP
    • YF-21/FP
    • VF-17D/S/T
    • VF-19F/S/Kai
    • VF-22S
    • VF-2J
    • VF-2SS
    • VF-1MS Metal Siren

It has almost everything the 19 series has, except the rearward facing anti-aircraft laser.  Downside is that you need fast-packs to hold a gunpod.  Bonus, you get two gunpods when you have fast-packs! :D Second downside is letting your mind wander... Like:

"Oh wouldn't it be funny if I launched a nuke towards that annoying idol singers concert?" [FWOOOM, nuke gets launched because the valkyrie picked up on the stray thought]

Actually, the 21 did have a rear-ward facing AA laser, it was that yellow, antenna-like thing sticking out of its head in battroid mode, and behind the cockpit in fighter/GERWALK mode. Not to mention that its other two lasers can be fired backwards in fighter mode too. Another thing, the 21 didn't need FAST packs to carry its gun pods, they were fixed onto hard points on the leg covers.

But yeah I agree with you that the 21 is a great valk, but my vote has to go with the 22. All the pluses, well not ALL, but a lot of the pluses and great looks of the 21 with a few extras...

I like the yf19 in fighter mode but I just realised the other day how awkward the battroid mode is:

You have this ugly boob sticking out of your body and these long ass wings on your hips and fins on the ankles that might break off. I wish those little fins retracted into the body like the vf11, cause they look damn ulgy in robot mode.

The simpler VF11 chest imo is more practical. It looks good in robot and fighter but a little skinny without GBP armor.

As for yf21: ugly head, you can't think about other things while piloting without risk of crashing, and you have to close your eyes and concentrate. Only certain pilots who are used to using this will be any good with it. And even if you wanted to fight a ghost you would have to have a body strong enough to stand up to the stress. (cyborgs?) Also can you even eject out of the plane with all those wires stuck to the helmet? I think cyborg enhancements, and a cyborg-enhanced brain for quicker processing of information are a better solution to increase reaction speed.

And it looks like the VF22S could outfperform the 21 in speed anyway, but without the risks of 21, plus you have better head.

It has almost everything the 19 series has, except the rearward facing anti-aircraft laser.  Downside is that you need fast-packs to hold a gunpod.  Bonus, you get two gunpods when you have fast-packs! :D Second downside is letting your mind wander... Like:

"Oh wouldn't it be funny if I launched a nuke towards that annoying idol singers concert?" [FWOOOM, nuke gets launched because the valkyrie picked up on the stray thought]

Actually, the 21 did have a rear-ward facing AA laser, it was that yellow, antenna-like thing sticking out of its head in battroid mode, and behind the cockpit in fighter/GERWALK mode. Not to mention that its other two lasers can be fired backwards in fighter mode too. Another thing, the 21 didn't need FAST packs to carry its gun pods, they were fixed onto hard points on the leg covers.

But yeah I agree with you that the 21 is a great valk, but my vote has to go with the 22. All the pluses, well not ALL, but a lot of the pluses and great looks of the 21 with a few extras...

322328[/snapback]

Whoops, forgot that the yellow thing was an AA laser. But it's fixed, so that's a bit of a minus...

I thought the arm lasers could be fired rearwards, but I thought it was just my bad memory playing tricks on me.

As for the gun pods, yeah, Guld was shooting targets and stuff in episode 2 without fast packs. Where the hell did I pull that wrong info from? :blink:

I haven't seen far enough into Macross 7 to see what the 22 is capable of. I've just heard that Max and Miria fly them. Then again, with Max and Miria, you could give them a VF-0 during the M7 time period, and have them destroy an entire fleet before they run out of fuel! :lol:

I do like the 19 style cockpit though, since you can see so much. I don't know how the 22 cockpit is, but the 19 is nice.

As for yf21: ugly head, you can't think about other things while piloting without risk of crashing, and you have to close your eyes and concentrate. Only certain pilots who are used to using this will be any good with it.

Actually, you CAN think about other things, provided you don't flip out like Guld did when Isamu interfered with his demonstration run.

It's not clear if you HAVE to close your eyes or if Guld just thought it was a good idea. There's not really a good reason to keep them open either way, though.

Also can you even eject out of the plane with all those wires stuck to the helmet?
No real difficulty to cut the wires.
I haven't seen far enough into Macross 7 to see what the 22 is capable of.  I've just heard that Max and Miria fly them.  Then again, with Max and Miria, you could give them a VF-0 during the M7 time period, and have them destroy an entire fleet before they run out of fuel!  :lol:

True, true.

Max DOES kick some serious ass in the VF22, though it's a woefully short sequence.

I need to get around to watching the extra shows, just to see Millia get some ass-kicking in. Her VF22 time in the show proper was... disappointing.

Also can you even eject out of the plane with all those wires stuck to the helmet?
No real difficulty to cut the wires.

Heh, attribute it to jet-lag, but the image I just had in my head:

Guld: "Control, I'm having too many problems, I will now eject."

[pulls the eject lever and the canopy blows off. His seat blasts off with him in it, but the wires plugged into his helmet keep him attached to the aircraft. He starts screaming like a little girl while he his repeatedly slammed into the body of his plane]

The VF-11 for looks is my all-time favorite. I love the canard wings in fighter mode. It looks sleek and thin in each mode. I like the cyclops-eye head and single laser. I'm a sucker for grunt valks (except the TV series 1A). The addition of a shield blew me away when I originally saw M+. It has a reloadable gunpod that looks cool. Said gunpod has a bayonnet!

Plus it looks like it is a descendent of the classic VF-1.

If I were offered a valk to own in real life, based purely on looks and not on capabilities or features, I would choose the VF-11.

If it came to choosing by capabilities, it would be the 21 (or 22 based on the good stuff I've heard).

The 21 has a fat body, the vf11 looks slim, but my only gripe is the robot looks like it would snap in half, kinda. I don't like the skinny arms, or the shoulders which have a thin plate in the front but nothing at the sides or behind. Looks like it was only half finished. :lol: I much prefer the vf1 in robot mode to the vf11.

I've always preffered my robots to look like if you smashed them around, the rounded shape would distribute the shock evenly rather than put pressure on a single point and risk snapping something off. It also looks cool to have round exterior like yf21/vf22 imo. It's just looks distinct.

As for ejecting in yf21, that's good to know it is safe after all. If only they combined the bcs/bdi with vf22s...

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

VF-19F/S/Kai

People actually voted for that one!???? HAHAHAHA

So do you guys like, paint faces on your cars and then drive to the lameness convention?

VF-0S in battroid mode and VF-1S Strike Valkyrie in fighter mode