Favorite Transforming Valk (anime-only)

treatment

which one is your favorite transforming valk?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. which one is your favorite transforming valk?

• SV-51/SV-52 /with boosters
    • VF-0D
    • VF-0A /with ghostboosters
    • VF-0S /with ghostboosters
    • VF-1A
    • VF-1J
    • VF-1S/Super-VF-1S
    • Super-VF-1A
    • Strike-VF-1S
    • VT-1 Super Ostrich
    • VF-11B/with FP
    • VF-11C/D/MAXL
    • YF-19/FP
    • YF-21/FP
    • VF-17D/S/T
    • VF-19F/S/Kai
    • VF-22S
    • VF-2J
    • VF-2SS
    • VF-1MS Metal Siren

Vf-1d?

Vf-5000? (dynamite 7)

Vf-14? (M7)

Sv-52 doesn't exist

The Vf-22 anyways its my favorite.

320765[/snapback]

With only 20-items allowed for the poll, I tried to give each series a standard of three-valks.

Fwiw, M7-series already has four choices instead of the standard three.

Vf-1d?

Vf-5000? (dynamite 7)

Vf-14? (M7)

Sv-52 doesn't exist

The Vf-22 anyways its my favorite.

320765[/snapback]

With only 20-items allowed for the poll, I tried to give each series a standard of three-valks.

Fwiw, M7-series already has four choices instead of the standard three.

320778[/snapback]

You could've saved 3 slots by keeping the standard and FAST pack sets to one slot instead of two for the VF-1s. :p

YOU FORGOT THE VF-4!!!

320824[/snapback]

That's exactly what I was gonna say.

AND this isn't the first time someone has neglected to add the VF-4.

What's wrong with you guys? :angry:

1. VF-1S

2. YF-19

3. VF-4

YOU FORGOT THE VF-4!!!

320824[/snapback]

That's exactly what I was gonna say.

AND this isn't the first time someone has neglected to add the VF-4.

What's wrong with you guys? :angry:

hmmm.

My memory's most likely hazy now, but in which anime-series did you guys see a transforming VF-4?

The only time I had seen the VF-4 in anime was in FB-2012, i.e. Hikaru in fighter-mode.

you didnt really specify if it had to be shown transforming in the anime, merely that it was shown in the anime and could transform.

320844[/snapback]

uhmm, I actually did.

This will cover only the valks featured/seen in all Macross-anime that transforms.

;)B))

you didnt really specify if it had to be shown transforming in the anime, merely that it was shown in the anime and could transform.

320844[/snapback]

uhmm, I actually did.

This will cover only the valks featured/seen in all Macross-anime that transforms.

;)B))

320855[/snapback]

That's actually a vague sentence.

It could mean all transformation-capable VFs featured in animation, or all VFs with an animated transformation.

YF-21.....The idea of not having to lift a finger to maneuver that beautiful ship is unbeatable...

The Vf-2SS is my favorite, it is a shame that people did not like the series to much, i thought it had some fantastic designs. I so wish they would make a new model or toy of it B))

1) YF-19/VF-19A (didn't like the shortened wings on the F/S as much as the original wings)

2)VF-1S

3)VF-17 (almost a tie with #2)

4)SV-51

Edited by Anubis

1. VF-1S (Skull leader of course)

2. VF-2SS

3. YF-21

I also agree that the MII VF-2SSis super sweet, a sleeker version of the VF-1, I do wish they do make a toy out of it since the model is kinda flimsy. Even though a lot of people discount MII, it IS still Macross whether you like it or not.

VF-0S

VF-1S

VF-11

YF-19

YF-21

And as for the VF-4 being left out, well there is a reason it was left out, because there was no scene of transforming seen at all.

Voted VF22S.

I like the design of the body, the weapons, (both battroid and fighter modes) the shape of the armor on its limbs (round like the old regults and qrau, kinda looks sporty and high tech but strong and bulky too) and the hood that protects the head in battroid mode. (looks like an H.R Giger alien) I also like the bending and folding of the wings and the long legs as well as the tucking away of parts to gain an advantage in stealth. Its feet look well curved and have a feminine quality to them but still look still cool for males to use. The battroid combines the best stuff of human and zentradi imo. It looks agile and fast like any VF but it retains the shapes and style of fighting of the alien mecha (lots of rounded edge like the zentradi "green poo" warships) with its inbuilt arm guns for attitude and as a good close combat weapon. (I can see myself killing people by strafing and dodging fire with expert precision just so I can finish them off with a PPB punch and point blank range shot.)

I also like the cockpit canopy. It just looks different.

I think head turrets are useless now that pilots have wrap around monitors to see 360 degrees. Mecha with no necks, protected by armor around this area are the future imo. Like the Zeon from Gundam, the zentradi are more advanced for mass production robots. (its just that un spacy are too cheap to make them for everyone. For elites only :p )

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

YF-21FP

It's dark blue, it's got stealth, maneuverability, internal weapons bay for micro-missiles, BDI and BCS, manual back-up in case the BDI and BCS fails, lasers that can be used effectively in any mode (unlike the 19 series where the lasers are mounted on the hips in battroid), and it is capable of flight when the arms AND LEGS missing.

It has almost everything the 19 series has, except the rearward facing anti-aircraft laser. Downside is that you need fast-packs to hold a gunpod. Bonus, you get two gunpods when you have fast-packs! :D Second downside is letting your mind wander... Like:

"Oh wouldn't it be funny if I launched a nuke towards that annoying idol singers concert?" [FWOOOM, nuke gets launched because the valkyrie picked up on the stray thought]

Plus it looks like a Q-rau in battroid mode. :p And it's nice and sleek in fighter. I admit it's kind of fugly in gerwalk though... :(

following the 21 are:

VF-19A

VF-11B

VF-0A

VF-4

VF-1A DYRL style (I hate the TV series style A-heads)