LARP...the Movie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe if those nerds decided to try to do something possitive with their lives, like help those in need in their communites, or join the amed forces, this "hero" complex wouldn't come out so silly.

Although on second thought, it would be hilarious for AgentOne to come out there looking like Conan, with a real broadsword (not sharpened, of course) and take them all out. :D

Though I would love to grab one of those stuffed swords and go out there and beat the piss out of those fat tards.

316959[/snapback]

"Know, oh prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when cardboad kingdoms lay spread across the soccer field like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nerdia, Oph3ar, Brythunia, Hyperboring, Zamora with its overweight women and basements of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shemp & Curly, Stygia with its shadow-guarded backyards, Hyrkania whose riders wore tinfoil and denim and gold-painted plastic. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Agent ONE, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

- The Nemedian Chronicles.

Though I would love to grab one of those stuffed swords and go out there and beat the piss out of those fat tards.

316959[/snapback]

"Know, oh prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when cardboad kingdoms lay spread across the soccer field like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nerdia, Oph3ar, Brythunia, Hyperboring, Zamora with its overweight women and basements of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shemp & Curly, Stygia with its shadow-guarded backyards, Hyrkania whose riders wore tinfoil and denim and gold-painted plastic. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Agent ONE, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

- The Nemedian Chronicles.

316961[/snapback]

A1 will have the right of prima nocta, but refuses to practice it on the soccer moms and bottled glasses geek princesses.

Seeing that makes we want to call up my old airsoft buddies and saddle up the Rat Patrol. Couldn't you just see it four guys with military training cut a swathe through the geeks in their jeep, Doolittle in drivers seat, weaving between them getting off quick accurate burst with his M4. Grunt in the shotgun seat calling out shots to us and blasting away any geek stupid enough to insult his heritage or the marine corps. Me, good old Link up on the rail with my G3-SG-1 cutting a swathe through the nerds, while 'Tano on the tail gunning position mops up anything we missed. Good God that would be glorious, lol.

Oh I forgot one thing, after we're finished humilating the fat geeks we would head home to our girlfriends/wives, as I am the only unmarried Rat Patroller at the moment, and make sweet sweet love to them. Something few of those geeks ever do, lol.

to quote the Simpsons. " These work much better with the padding OFF." can i have those few minutes of my life back. Knight ill join you with my AirSoft MG42 mounted atop the Sturmgeschutz III from a museum where i donate my free time. Maybe i could get a real 42 HMMMM.

Seeing that makes we want to call up my old airsoft buddies and saddle up the Rat Patrol.  Couldn't you just see it four guys with military training cut a swathe through the geeks in their jeep, Doolittle in drivers seat, weaving between them getting off quick accurate burst with his M4.  Grunt in the shotgun seat calling out shots to us and blasting away any geek stupid enough to insult his heritage or the marine corps.  Me, good old Link up on the rail with my G3-SG-1 cutting a swathe through the nerds, while 'Tano on the tail gunning position mops up anything we missed.  Good God that would be glorious, lol.

316973[/snapback]

No offence intended, but that seems only slightly less nerdy. And what it lacks in nerdiness it makes up for in mean-spiritedness.

I wouldn't say it was anywhere near as nerdy, our rat patrol antics were strictly for work, our airsoft antics were for fun. As for mean-spiritedness, come on like these guys aren't asking for it?

Seeing that makes we want to call up my old airsoft buddies and saddle up the Rat Patrol.  Couldn't you just see it four guys with military training cut a swathe through the geeks in their jeep, Doolittle in drivers seat, weaving between them getting off quick accurate burst with his M4.

No offence intended, but that seems only slightly less nerdy. And what it lacks in nerdiness it makes up for in mean-spiritedness.

317028[/snapback]

Feh, beat me to it. Being an airsofter myself, I know that there's an inherent level of geekiness to the whole hobby. I mean, there's just something silly about grown men shooting at each other with plastic bb guns. The image of them shooting at defenseless misfits who just want to have a good time is even sillier. And finally, the idea of real-deal ex-military guys dignifying what resembles middle-school bullying seems the silliest of all. :rolleyes:

As for mean-spiritedness, come on like these guys aren't asking for it?

I don't remember anyone in the video asking, "please pepper us with 6mm plastic death." More than likely, by their yelps of pain, they would be asking to be left alone.

Isn't it nice to know that Otaku No Video featured an airsofter as one of their geek specimens of note? Other distinguished members include a guy who built electronic glasses that would allow him to sort of "see past" the mosaic censoring when watching his voluminous collection of Hentai anime. Nice to know we're in good company. :D

Speaking of women, I noted in the video at least one very attractive woman willing to associate with these folks, and another passable one willing to engage in oral contact with one of these guys. I've never encountered a single woman close to being that attractive in airsofting unless it was someone that I'd brought. What are they doing right that we're not?

-Al

Edited by Sundown

Alot of those guys had sheilds :D Cosplay at a convention =good, Roleplay in the middle of a city park when the reniasance fair isnt even going on = bad. Im a WW2 enthusiast and own many different uniforms. You wont find me walking down the street any given day in a Luftwaffe or Army airborne jump uniform. 2 things would happen1 id get pointed and laughed at 2 id get the crap kicked out of me depending on the uniform of choice. In my opinion these guys in the video crossed the line of hobby VS too much in one place at one time. A 6mm plastic BB hurts alot less than smacking each other with one of those "paded"(for lack of beter term) swords. Ever been hit in the head full on by a nephew with a plastic whuffle ball bat? It still hurts although its hollow and not heavy.

Thats too far. The objective tould be to maim not kill :p BTW guys all this talk is in jest with no actual seriousness intended. That and the medievil reenactors know better than to take on WW2 reenactors, we have tanks :D

Alot of those guys had sheilds :D  Cosplay at a convention =good, Roleplay in the middle of a city park when the reniasance fair isnt even going on = bad. Im a WW2 enthusiast and own many different uniforms. You wont find me walking down the street any given day in a Luftwaffe or Army airborne jump uniform.

I don't think these guys would randomly walk down the street in their medieval-nerf gear either. Their events look pretty organized from the scale of things. Not to mention that we airsofters regularly go full gear to little events in the woods-- all without the pomp, organization, and sanction of a full on reenactment or ren faire. Sort of like these guys.

The only thing slightly silly about these folks is that they use nerf bats, are a little more hammy, and that they sometimes do it in a park within eyeshot of bystandards. But then again, they can. We airsofters are liable to catch real lead if we tried that sort of thing.

I mean seriously, why should they wait until a ren faire to do the sort of wargaming they enjoy? On the off chance that they might offend the cool sensibilities of someone who's not even interested in the sorts of stuff they do in the first place?

A 6mm plastic BB hurts alot less than smacking each other with one of those "paded"(for lack of beter term) swords. Ever been hit in the head full on by a nephew with a plastic whuffle ball bat? It still hurts although its hollow and not heavy.

Err, I beg to differ, and have the scars to show for it. :p Regardless of what sort of rules you play by, hits to sensitive parts do happen. Same go for close range hits if you're doing CQB or some such. And while you can wear some protection, gear like full paintball masks wear at the visual realism of the whole sport. And then there are those folks with upgraded guns shooting at the field's maximum fps. Owie if they hit you somewhere soft. A bad hit can puncture skin. Nerf doesn't tend to do that sort of thing.

Make no mistake. Most normal folks would roll their eyes at both hobbies. Airsoft isn't some sport for the hip elite. It's us guys still playing "soldier", albiet with more expensive toys and more sophistication. It certainly doesn't automatically put us at the top of the dork-food-chain regardless of what we'd like to believe, especially when we spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on what are in essence toy guns.

Really? To my ears, that was the entirety of the trailer. Maybe its a subtextual thing that you're not picking up on.

And I imagine that there might be folks out there who think 20-30 year olds still playing with robot toys from old cartoons need a sound thrashing. :rolleyes:

Yes, I'll concede that what they do is actually pretty dorky. But it actually looks like it'd be fun if you could get past the corniness of it all. But us thinking our hobby so much higher on the totem pole of geekdom is sort of like the Chess Club wanting to kick the crap out of the kids playing D&D in the corner, just because they're oh so much cooler. That sort of thing wasn't even cool when the jocks were doing it. Well, at least it hasn't been since the 8th grade anyway. :D

-Al

Pot(to Kettle): YOU'RE BLACK!!! :p

Yes, we're on a webboard that highlights a 20 year-old cartoon. We're all nerds to a certain degree. So we need to be careful of how we make fun of other nerds. But Nerdum is kind of defined like the circles of Hell in Dante's Inferno. LARP is without a doubt on the lower levels, but even if we're near the top, we're still in it.

That means it's okay to make fun of the lower-level guys(yeah, I don't think girls fall that low that often) so long as we know where we stand.

I still kind of like the idea of A1 going at them in their own game - AgentOne, king (of the nerds) by his own hand. :lol:

Guest Bromgrev

316959[/snapback]

Probably what those guys are all thinking, too. :)

I still kind of like the idea of A1 going at them in their own game - AgentOne, king (of the nerds) by his own hand. :lol:

317158[/snapback]

I would couquor their battlefield (multipurpose soccer field) and the whole time in combat I would be naked... Completely. Then I would have an orgy with the girlfriends of those dorks who were standing on the sidelines. As they would be tounging my nutsack I would tell the crowd of dorks (who would have gathered around at that point to watch the orgy), that "CROM laughs at their four winds."

316959[/snapback]

Probably what those guys are all thinking, too. :)

317227[/snapback]

Yes except I am a finely tuned athletic machine capable of superhuman performance, they are just fat dorks.