1/48+FP's, 1/60, and 1/72 picture gallery

VF-18S Hornet

looks ok, what about making the stripe come down only half way and putting a arrow on it pointing down just like the one on the side of its head.

edit: actually i am not so sure about this idea, i just did a horrible photshop color of it, by the way pardon my sucky coloring, it looked great in my head but i am not to sure i hope you get the idea i was talking about.

Edited by zeo-mare

points taken. :)

i only did the stripe all the way down because "aaajin" suggested it and i wasn't sure if it would look good? i think its alright but i think a stripe just on the top of the head would look better like i did with the TV 1S max head. i'd try the arrow thing you suggested zeo-mare but painting arrows is kind of a bitch, they never come out right.

anyhoo, i was just messin around last night. i'll finish it up a bit and post another pic. :)

added:

i thought about doing the stripe off-set to one side to keep with the 1J theme but i think i'll look retarded.

Edited by haterist

maybe if you used a few peices of masking tape you could tape off the face and leave alittle opening shaped like a arrow, BTW are you hand painting or airbrushing?

chris

edit: a off center arrow or stripe might look cool, why not take a pic of it unpainted and do what i just did a quick photoshop of it

Edited by zeo-mare

maybe if you used a few peices of masking tape you could tape off the face and leave alittle opening shaped like a arrow, BTW are you hand painting or airbrushing?

chris

edit: a off center arrow or stripe might look cool, why not take a pic of it unpainted and do what i just did a quick photoshop of it

i hand painting...no airbrush here. i'm using waterbased acrylic paints so its fairly easy to wash off with warm water.

i lost photoshop on my machine at work so i guess i'll have to wait to try it out when i get home.

i know it looks weird, i'm get rid of the stripe on the face part, make the stripe on the top a little wider, and paint the head lasers the correct color. i did this in like 5 minutes, right before i went to bed, whatcha want from a brotha?

i'll do it up tonight and post pics when its finished. :)

how about this?:

yeah, i'm gonna try that out too tonight when i get home. as i mentioned eariler, i thought about doing the stripe on the side to keep within the 1J theme but i don't want the S and J heads to look too similar. i like to mix it up a bit just to keep things interesting.

it does look pretty cool with the stripe on the side though. maybe try painting the little dipple in the top of the head a different color so it stands out a bit more?

Wow... I really like how the one whats-his-face did (sorry, I dunno what it says lol)

I think that would look very effective... adn for the 'dipple' (not what I read it as at first lol) you could do it a brightish green to go with teh visor...

hehe, i like what OOOO(hayao kakizaki, its in japanese is why you can't see it) did and will probably ended up doing that way. now i just need to fix the max head i did and get another head to do the millia. i'll get pics of the max and hikaru up tonight when i get them done....it only take about 5 minutes to paint so it should'nt be too difficult.

again, is anyone planning to recast the A and/or J heads?

Edited by haterist

hehe, i like what OOOO(hayao kakizaki, its in japanese is why you can't see it) did and will probably ended up doing that way. now i just need to fix the max head i did and get another head to do the millia. i'll get pics of the max and hikaru up tonight when i get them done....it only take about 5 minutes to paint so it should'nt be too difficult.

again, is anyone planning to recast the A and/or J heads?

I thought someone was going to cast VF-1A TV heads. Is that true?

Slightly OT, but u know a good idea for a VF head? A Skull scheme, like maybe paint teeth on the face plate. The front should be white and leave the rest black. Or just make the whole thing look like a skull. Just a thought.

not to toot my own horn but i must say i did a pretty good job painting rockin the beer goggles last night. :lol:

while this valk doesn't exist, everyone can thank rohby for the recast, exo for donating the original head, and fulcy for the hollowed out head lasers...thanks dudes. :)

nice, you need to take close up pics of the red eyed vf-s i would like to see that one up close, i also have the genesic gaogaigar.

chris

nice, you need to take close up pics of the red eyed vf-s i would like to see that one up close, i also have the genesic gaogaigar.

chris

i was saving my red visor for the millia S head but it looks pretty cool on the hikaru. he did some customizing here and there as well. you got some close up pics you can post?

yes a skull paint job on a vf-1j yes..........................

That looks kinda dorky. :lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure we can make it look something more badass like the T-800.

just throwin this out there....

i think it would be really cool if someone designed a new VF head.

maybe get a thread going, make it a contest or something, where people can post their sketches and designs of a newly dopely designed VF head, unofficial but official VF head for MW, kind of how we got a official MW paint scheme.

we could have it run for 2 weeks so, then we have poll of some sort on which one is the coolest(and makeable), then ask someone to make a cast of it and sell them here. i'm sure a lot of the dudes here got some cool designs in mind. besides, it'll be fun and it'll bring us all closer together too! :lol:

anyhow, just its a thought. :)

Edited by haterist