15 Anniversary Macross figure

Toonz

I snaged a few for my son. though being 13 years old he loves them. But then he considers that it is "his" collection and I have to admit he takes good care of them, I might have to grab a 1/60 or two for christmas for him.

I got the full set back in 1998 when there was nothing new coming down the turnpike. If I only new about what was coming from Yamato, Bandai, and even Toynami... :p But being the completist I am, I still have them today. :)

does anyone of you still own these figures nowadays? some call them hamburger hands :p

roy1mr.jpg

how playable are they?

311615[/snapback]

Toonz! Please tell me you don't want that! That thing is hideous. I'd so rather buy a banpresto valk, which can transform at least. That thing just stands there and you can move up this arms and legs, and strike cannon. Yuk!

I have Max's VF-1A Super Gerwalk, the Orange Battroid mode one and the Skull Leader gerwalk.

I wanted to get the Skull Leader battroid mode, but never did. The toy was too expensive for something that could either transform only half way or not at all.

Plus, the back panel on my battroid ended up falling off from wear. They were pretty flimsy. My Skull Leader gerwalk's top popped off and the wings never came back.

No, I didn't really try to break them, they just fell from a maid cleaning or from earthquakes that we have here in California.

I forgot when I bought them, but it was before I found out about Macross and thought they were Robotech toys. So probably 1999.

Edited by Tekkaman Blade

Toons those things got as much articulation as the old 5" toybiz x men figures.  They are just ABS versions of the ARII kits.

311623[/snapback]

They're not ABS, they are PVC. :(

I have a couple. You gotta remember that at the time Macross merchandise was practically non-existent. I was desperate... I paid too much more than I should have for that thing. <_<

does anyone of you still own these figures nowadays? some call them hamburger hands :p

roy1mr.jpg

how playable are they?

311615[/snapback]

They're not bad as a basic action figure, but they're not transformable and the proportion is all out of whack on the GERWALK mode figures. About the only plus is that they are one of the few Macross objects not from Harmony Gold that is concievably still easy to get in the US (They sold 'em at Suncoast for a year in the late '90s, until HG presumably put the kibosh on it-- they still pop up from time to time in anime merchandise shops such as the late, lamented Mandarake).

I bought a whole bunch of those, again, at a time when there were no Macross items coming out. Nowadays I still keep them around in some box. They aren't great, but no point in getting rid of them. I rather like the little figures that come with the Valks

There's an anime shop near me that still has a pile of these on the shelves.  Selling for about $15 a pop, I think.

311951[/snapback]

Every once in a while I'll come across a comic book or anime store that still has these. However, most of the time i still see them the owner must think they are vintage or rare, because they are priced at way more than $15.

Edited by Wildstar

I bought a set of these years ago, like in 2000.

Last month at the local anime convention, "Fanime" in the Bay area a dealer was trying to get rid of them and was asking $3 each.

At $3, i was happy to take all that he had off his hands.

I remember years ago when i seen these go for like $15-$20 each when it seemed like there was no Macross merchandise on the horizon.

I have those. Those were my mistake in getting them due the fact I thought nothing like the MPCs and the Yammies would be introduced. I got all of the battroid modes on. They came with figures as you see in my collection. Right now those are sitting in my office here at work. The little figures are posing with the 1/48s. :)

Wow, those really take me back. I also remember when all you could really find were those pieces of crap and some model kits.

Those also remind me of the time when Yamato first announced plans of releasing the Mac+ toys stateside and then Harmony Gold stuck their weiner in Yamato's ear.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of these. The strike roy pictured in the first post.

They look kind of chunky and have limited posability and articulation. Plus they don't transform. Reminds me of the battroid models I use to buy in the 80s but now in a toy form.

I would rather use my money getting the banprestos:

-can tranform

-better posability (accept for hips which can't rotate)

-looks better proportioned

Only downside is they are not as sturdy as these pvc toys. And shoulder limbs need tightening with some nail polish or blutack. I wish some company made high quality versions of these..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

roy1mr.jpg

how playable are they?

311615[/snapback]

they don`t look very nice done with detail, but the ROY FOKKER fiugre look nice with deatil. hope there have more pix with detail on the ROY FOKKER .. :ph34r: