MWCON 5

Another incredible year we shared at MW Con. 5 years now! That is pretty damn amazing in itself. Each year we see new blood attending and they consistently say they had a great time and it exceeded expectations. This year was no exception. I'm almost remembering peoples names...LOL (next year we HAVE to have name tags again!)

Having Mari visit was just amazing-many many thanks to Solscud and Xstoys for pulling off that one. When I walked her out to the car she said she had great time and enjoyed talking to all of us. She also said to call her again next time-she'd even sing for us! Everyone was very professional and respectful with the questions and the leering(hey-she's hot-I'm only human too)

Egan FINALLY broke out some of his collection-my jaw was on the floor. I hadn't ever seen half the things he had. Just shows that for Macross collecting you really can't ever find it all. Considering that the original merchandise has been out of production for 20+ years and we still find new things shows how much they worked the license. Mittens and Kids shorts. LOL

Thanks to Tommy too for coming buy and breaking out the goods. He and Steve had gone to Japan last year and found a bunch of original preproduction Macross artwork by Miyatake himself. Some sketches were even on the back of someone's homework! He literally grabbed any loose paper he could when doing rough sketches. Tommy even showed us some of the new stuff coming from their new Robotech OVA-looked good(I'm a huge Mospeada fan).

Everyone I talked to was awesome-the help and offers we got from website maintenance to finally subbing the tv special was most appreciated. The customs again blew me away (the cake simply rocked-and whoever makes an edible chocolate 1/55 next year WILL win-I promise)

And Seiichi! Again brought the goods and sold for outstanding prices. His webstore is close to completion. He will have a booth at San Diego Comic Con next month-PLEASE make sure to stop in and support his efforts for all us old-school Macross fans!!

Please post your pictures and comments here-would love to see the pictures taken!

You guys(and girls!) rock!

Shawn

yeah, i had a great time! This was my second time, sort of. The first was when you guys had it at the anime expo back on 2001? in Long beach. Every time you guys held a MWcon it was always on a sunday of the AX weekend. So I was never able to go. Anyway, this one was my first official con. Loved it!! Everybody was cool. Hope we can find a place for next years con. Can't wait!! I wanna thank everybody who made this con possible, especially solscud007 for being able to get mari to show up! ;):p:D:lol:

I still think that the most amazing thing about the cons is that they've been theft free. I'm not saying this because I think MW is filled with thugs or anythng but considering the amount of stuff on display and the fact that it's a "public" clubhouse for the gated community, I find it amazing that everyone has gone home with what they came with.

I still think that the most amazing thing about the cons is that they've been theft free. I'm not saying this because I think MW is filled with thugs or anythng but considering the amount of stuff on display and the fact that it's a "public" clubhouse for the gated community, I find it amazing that everyone has gone home with what they came with.

yeah, I know, so don't jinx it!!! ;):p:D:lol:

yeah, i had a great time! This was my second time, sort of. The first was when you guys had it at the anime expo back on 2001? in Long beach. Every time you guys held a MWcon it was always on a sunday of the AX weekend. So I was never able to go. Anyway, this one was my first official con. Loved it!! Everybody was cool. Hope we can find a place for next years con. Can't wait!! I wanna thank everybody who made this con possible, especially solscud007 for being able to get mari to show up! ;):p:D:lol:

we have a place alredy

Was a pretty good weekend for me. Starting it off at Frank and Sons and then hanging out after with a couple MWers to go to bookstores and shops. Then we went to see Batman afterwards.

I missed most of Mari's time there. Got to check her out right before she left. She was gracious as ever. She a real superstar and we're lucky to have her to be a part of Macross.

The funny thing was almnost everyone that brought a custom had stayed up the night before to try and finish. I miserably failed and a few of us were walking like zombies. But the party wsa fun enough to wake us all up and it turned out to be a great time.

SOLSCUD

Hoepfully, for those who attended this years and last years Con remember, Shawn had a tape last year of an interview of the cast for DYRL. Thanks to seiichi for taping back in 1984. Shawn finally converted it to DVD. Now that we know of Hurin's abilities and Ail's subtitling prowess we can get that sucker translated and processed for everyone's enjoyment.

OK, FIRST OFF, I WANT TO THANK SOL FOR THIS GREAT CONVENTION HE ORGANIZED. VERY AWSOME FOR ME TO SEE MARI AGAIN.

THE DISPLAYS WERE COOL AND SO WERE TEH PEOPLE THEIR.

TOMMYS SURPRISED EVERYONE WITH HIS BEHIND THE COUNTER BUYING OF ORIGINAL ARTWORK THAT SHAWN WAS UNABLE TO BUY...BEING HE WAS BROKE...

SHAWN, "GLAD IT WAS BOUGHT AND IS IN GOOD HANDS..."

YOU MEAN GOOD SOCKS.

HEHEHE

THE CAKE, WHAT A TREAT!!!! AND SOL KEPT EVERYTHING SIMPLE...

NO CARNE ASADA THIS TIME...

SO IT GAVE ME PLENTY OF TIME TO RECORD TEH WHOLE CON ON TAPE!!! INCLUDING ALL OF MARI'S Q&A.

TALKED TO SHAWN, IT WOULD BE GREAT IF I GAVE HIM THE VIDEO SO HE CAN PUT IT WITH ANOTER ADDITION TO THE ALREADY IN PROGRESS OF THE REGION 2 OF THE OTHER PROJECTS.

FORGOT HIS NAME WHO WAS DOING IT. BUT THE IDEA OF WE CAN PUT TEH WHOLE Q&A, EDITED OF COURSE, WE DONT WANT TO GET MARI IN TROUBLE FOR SOME OF THE INSIDE STUFF SHE SAID.

THIS WAY, EVERYONE COULD HAVE TE SESION TO SHARE...AND GET MORE PEOPLE INVOLVED TO BUY THE OTHER DVDS.

SHAWN, I WILL BE IN SAN DIEGO A LITTLE BEFORE COMIC CON, AND WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU THE DV TAPES.

SO, IN TIME, EVERYONE HERE CAN ENJOY THE WHOLE PANEL.

MEMO1DOMINION -that would be sooo sweet of you to do, i tottally missed all of Miss Mari....

MWCON5 + DYRL interview+Shawn's video archive of Japanese comercials?

MMMMMmmmm...Macross

I went home with more than I came with. Memories of Egan running out the door. Nerds making fun of other nerds. half a pizza from Costco. a CD from Seichi. There were things I was looking for, but I didn't find any of them, unfortunately. I was ready to pay up for it too. Oh wells.

ugh... whenever i smell pizza now i get sick. nick and i went to costco to pick up EIGHTEEN pizzas for everyone and you should have seen us when we left. we had one of those flatbed cart things overflowing with pizza.

nice seeing old timers and new people. this really had to have been the second best mw con out of all the 5. i really hope someone takes up the reins and we can have an awesome mw con 6.

if mari has less than 20 people show up to her venues than she doesn't get paid so we should definately all go and show her some support. maybe at the next con we will be graced with more "F" words. haha, i kept telling everyone to try and look at the back of the t-shirt because it said "s h i t". glad to see that minmei is all grown up and potty-mouthed.

her site, has venue info and dates:

http://www.marimusic.com/

if mari has less than 20 people show up to her venues than she doesn't get paid so we should definately all go and show her some support. maybe at the next con we will be graced with more "F" words. haha, i kept telling everyone to try and look at the back of the t-shirt because it said "s h i t". glad to see that minmei is all grown up and potty-mouthed.

her site, has venue info and dates:

http://www.marimusic.com/

I agree we have to go out and support Mari, I am up for going to her next venture, I think it is in July or something. Does anyone have a picture the back of her T-shirt?

***SIGH*** wish I could have been there this year. :( There's a bunch of things I would have had Mari sign. :)

BTW was it Solscud (Nick) that was selling the shirts? Were there any L's or XL's leftover?

the shirts weren't done yet. It should be done by next week or so. Nick posted up a new thread about it. ;)

***SIGH*** wish I could have been there this year. :(  There's a bunch of things I would have had Mari sign. :)

BTW was it Solscud (Nick) that was selling the shirts?  Were there any L's or XL's leftover?

the shirts weren't done yet. It should be done by next week or so. Nick posted up a new thread about it. ;)

Sweet! B)) I haven't attended a single MWCON, but I have a shirt from every single one! :D

***SIGH*** wish I could have been there this year. :(   There's a bunch of things I would have had Mari sign. :)

BTW was it Solscud (Nick) that was selling the shirts?  Were there any L's or XL's leftover?

Sweet! B)) I haven't attended a single MWCON, but I have a shirt from every single one! :D

hahaha, nice!!! :p:D:lol:

***SIGH*** wish I could have been there this year. :(  There's a bunch of things I would have had Mari sign. :)

Dude you got to come and get those shirts yourself... you're missing out...

but looking good... :lol::lol::lol:

***SIGH*** wish I could have been there this year. :(   There's a bunch of things I would have had Mari sign. :)

represent! represent!....at least he supports the cause.. :lol: ..

• 3 weeks later...
MEMO1DOMINION -that would be sooo sweet of you to do, i tottally missed all of Miss Mari....

MWCON5 + DYRL interview+Shawn's video archive of Japanese comercials?

MMMMMmmmm...Macross

308811[/snapback]

Yes, YES, YES!!

I couldn't wait for this DVD back when Shawn first teased us about it and now it looks like the content is expanding... Man, tell me I'm not just dreaming and this will actually get made!