E3 games

I haven't watched everything yet but for the PS2 I liked Okami and Devil Kings (Sengoku Basara). Okami is a breath of fresh air. I've been following this one since TGS.

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/678/678618/vids_1.html

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/678/678618/imgs_1.html

That Killzone2 trailer was bad ass but I hate FPS games...maybe I'll give this one a whirl or check out Killzone..lol

I played the new Zelda and I think that will win Game of the Show. Many other "good looking" games were just videos and not playable.

I only had limited time today, but i was able to play shadow of cololouss (sp) and It was awesome! I can't wiat for it. I'm a big fan of ICO. Soul Cal3 was a bit dissapointing, as there was only 2 playable character, one of them the new green girl with the circle blade and the other Mitsurugi. If feels the same as the previous soul calibur, nothing really new here (beside some destrubaible environments)

IF you go to E3, you have to check out EA's 360 room, this is what I want if I win the lottery!! You have to experience it!

Edited by Gunbuster

posting from E3 baby!!!!  ;)  :p  :D  :lol:

Ahhhhh!

Must....get.....in......to...E3!!!

I'm considering trying to go and just walk in (hey, always works for me in restricted pits at races...), but I'm afraid I'm gonna end my day smashed and on a plane with a one-way ticket to Tokyo.

Yes, but then you'll make friends with a ninja, buy a Cool Thing, and go insane. And everything looks more interesting when you're insane.

I'm extremely pissed at Valve for not showing Team Fortress 2 for the 5th year in a row, despite their assurances that there would be an update "after HL2 is released and in the Spring".

Instead they're showing the HL2 expansion. Yawn.

MGS4 teaser....hilarious! :lol:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/vids_1.html

Some screenshots of MGS4....doesn't look like much has changed though. <_< But check out the game at the bottom. Looks like a cel-shaded turn based game ala MGS : Acid.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/event/2005/05/...,39309,0,0.html

Ahhhhh!

I'm considering trying to go and just walk in (hey, always works for me in restricted pits at races...), but I'm afraid I'm gonna end my day smashed and on a plane with a one-way ticket to Tokyo.

Yes, but then you'll make friends with a ninja, buy a Cool Thing, and go insane. And everything looks more interesting when you're insane.

I don't even want to start thinking about the psychotic robot girl/PS2 accessories and the manipulative goth chicks....

Ahhhhh!

I don't even want to start thinking about the psychotic robot girl/PS2 accessories and the manipulative goth chicks....

And if you're lucky, you'll get to meet a school girl who's head over heels over you and a H-game seiyuu who does those "moaning noises" just the way you like it. :D

Yup. So is any FPS with dual weilding weapons. And the fact you can carry a dozen weapons on your back with the ammo to boot! Fun but...c'mon!

It's just what they (developers) think is cool looking or fun. I doubt many have ever seen a gun in real life, and those that do only got a one day crash course watching Marines or playing airsoft or something.

That said..yes it is odd they don't have helmets. If I lived in the Killzone universe, I'd steal the helmet off the first Helghast I waste. :p

Edited by Gaijin

MGS4 teaser....hilarious! :lol:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/vids_1.html

Some screenshots of MGS4....doesn't look like much has changed though. <_< But check out the game at the bottom. Looks like a cel-shaded turn based game ala MGS : Acid.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/event/2005/05/...,39309,0,0.html

I believe those screenshots are for MGS3: Subsistence rather than MGS4. And the cel-shaded game is MGA2.

Killzone 2 for PS3 was hands down, the best at the show. SUre it was just a video but was real time, not rendered. Don't even start debating this because 4 sources said it was real time. This game was absolutely the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....and it's only for PS3 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I give runner up best game to Gears of War. Awsome. Too bad it's exclusive for Xbox 1.5 ........I mean Xbox 360. :D:D

i just got back from e3 yesterday

zelda wins

however insane amounts of fun things on the way

ill talk more later

Oooh, did you get a chance to play it? :o

That and Shadow of Collosus were the best games I saw reported on. Metroid 3 and Burnout Revenge also piqued my interest.

I just don't see how that Killzone was any type of gameplay. I might believed it wasn't rendered but it still seems like some kind of smoke and mirrors. I mean, PC games don't even look like that with top of the line specs that costs $2k+. It would seem odd that Sony can top that with a $300 machine. Perhaps, they are using PS3 graphics but without anything like AI to bog the processor down. If gameplay can be anything close to that, I will buy a PS3 for every room in my house. Well, maybe not but at least one. :lol:

I just don't see how that Killzone was any type of gameplay.  I might believed it wasn't rendered but it still seems like some kind of smoke and mirrors.  I mean, PC games don't even look like that with top of the line specs that costs $2k+.  It would seem odd that Sony can top that with a $300 machine.  Perhaps, they are using PS3 graphics but without anything like AI to bog the processor down.  If gameplay can be anything close to that, I will buy a PS3 for every room in my house.  Well, maybe not but at least one. :lol:

did you see the conference they had up about the ps3 and it's capabilities? The guy showed and example with a bath tub and some rubber duckies. My God did it look awesome!! Check it out!!

PS3ness!!

Edited by BoBe-Patt

I just don't see how that Killzone was any type of gameplay. I might believed it wasn't rendered but it still seems like some kind of smoke and mirrors. I mean, PC games don't even look like that with top of the line specs that costs $2k+. It would seem odd that Sony can top that with a $300 machine. Perhaps, they are using PS3 graphics but without anything like AI to bog the processor down. If gameplay can be anything close to that, I will buy a PS3 for every room in my house. Well, maybe not but at least one. 

It's a next gen console (mini super computer). Of course the graphics and gamplay are real man. SONY must be really flattered by of you non-believers, that can't believe the power of the PS3. HEHEHE!!!!!

PC games will catch up eventually, after you spend thousands upgrading it or buying a new one, that is. :lol::lol:

It's all about the cell processor and the PS3!!!!!!

I agree with the MGS4 was the best trailer (even it didn't show anything of how the game is going to look like).

The PS3 looks very sweet, but for now I'm hyped about some PS2 releases such as KH2 and FFXII. MGS3: Subsistence it's a must (damn, just like Substance), multiplayer MGS!!!

The new Zelda is looking awesome too.

I just don't see how that Killzone was any type of gameplay. I might believed it wasn't rendered but it still seems like some kind of smoke and mirrors. I mean, PC games don't even look like that with top of the line specs that costs $2k+. It would seem odd that Sony can top that with a $300 machine. Perhaps, they are using PS3 graphics but without anything like AI to bog the processor down. If gameplay can be anything close to that, I will buy a PS3 for every room in my house. Well, maybe not but at least one. 

It's a next gen console (mini super computer). Of course the graphics and gamplay are real man. SONY must be really flattered by of you non-believers, that can't believe the power of the PS3. HEHEHE!!!!!

PC games will catch up eventually, after you spend thousands upgrading it or buying a new one, that is. :lol::lol:

It's all about the cell processor and the PS3!!!!!!

agree to that... PS3 got ballz

I'm looking forward to Burnout Legends (PSP), Exteel (PC), Gundam Online (PC/PS3), Shadow of Colossus (PS2), Zelda Twilight Princess (GC), BF2 (PC), Burnout Revenge & NFS:Most Wanted...

Edited by vfxraven19