262 members have voted

1. 1. Which one are you going to get?

• xBOX360
    • Nintendo Revulotion
    • PS3
    • None
    • More than one
    • Can't think about games, Agent ONE is just so sexy, its distracting

Another thing is that Konami of Japan didn`t release NES Castlevania-III in the US and Europe with the custom sound chip cuz of the cost ?!, OK then what about The MSX computers the Euro version, most of its games had that chip.

Example : Salamander, Gradius-II/Nemesis-II, Parodius, F-1 Spirit, Kings Valley-II and Contra. And yes I had one just for Konami games. awesome :)

A. The MSX games used a diffrent chip.

B. CV3 didn't get the japanese chip not because of cost, but because NOA made licensees use Nintendo-brand mappers instead of their own custom ones.

This policy causes a lot of changes, actually. Like the leaves in Contra level 1 sway in the japanese version, but not the US one.

WTF!!!!!!

My posts are getting erased from this thread, so it's no use to continue posting the truth. Whatever!!!!!!

BUT.........you will see me rub it in your faces when SONY wins the next gen console wars......AGAIN!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

How can you seriously say that for sure? Nintendo was at the top and then sony came in and rised up. Just because Sony is on the top now does not mean they ALWAYS will be on top of the industry. Sony can easily become what nintendo did in the past years.

I am just going to wait till each system is out for a year, watch the prices go down hopefully and then decide which to pick. There is all this hype and yet we have not seen the full capabilities of each system. We all know how the 3DO and jaguar and ultra 64 turned out.

For what its worth the free XBOX live seems appealing to me but I have yet to find out whether its free gaming or just changeable skins and crap. If it is truly free gaming then kick ass, that sounds GREAT!

THe revolution....I'll give nintendo a chance. Sounds cool so far, not sure of the new controller and what it will bring. Not getting my hopes up.

PS3? Man its so easy to ride the hype. One of my friends is riding sony for all its worth as if PS3 is the 2nd coming for games. Man all I remember is My ps2 having the dreaded

DISC READ ERROR.

And hell history can repeat itself. I did get a new ps2 later on but ideally for what you pay for it better not be some damn error killing your system.

I hope sony uses better material practice and puts a damn lens cover in the PS3, not rush system production using crappy materials at low cost to have more units out than their competitors. This is where I saw the xbox and gamecube more superior....having lens covers. Sounds simple but it is important.

I hope sony uses better material practice and puts a damn lens cover in the PS3, not rush system production using crappy materials at low cost to have more units out than their competitors. This is where I saw the xbox and gamecube more superior....having lens covers. Sounds simple but it is important.

They learned their lesson with the PS1 and PS2. They can put fecal matter in a box, and marketing can sell it.

And lens cover? I've never seen a drive in the history of the universe that had one.

Sony just uses lasers that drift out of calibration easily, and a plastic drive mech that wears down fast.

WTF!!!!!!

My posts are getting erased from this thread, so it's no use to continue posting the truth. Whatever!!!!!!

BUT.........you will see me rub it in your faces when SONY wins the next gen console wars......AGAIN!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I deleted ONE of your posts because it was primarily focused at insulting MZ. Its not my job to go through each post and make you sound more intelligent, so I deleted it.

WTF!!!!!!

My posts are getting erased from this thread, so it's no use to continue posting the truth.  Whatever!!!!!!

BUT.........you will see me rub it in your faces when SONY wins the next gen console wars......AGAIN!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I deleted ONE of your posts because...

Because you are a retard Mgrexx.

WTF!!!!!!

Haven't you made ENOUGH enemies? You know, it's not like ALL OF US walked into YOUR favorite hangout and started pulling meaningless bullshit out of our asses... I don't see why it's taken you so long to get a clue (and you're still not showing any signs of seeing the light)

Why don't we wait until a little closer to release time to see how these systems are going to do? I'm planning on a PS3, but I openly admit that Microsoft and Nintendo's next-gen consoles could be really hot stuff. The bottom line is that basing everything on past products is almost useless when it comes to discussing next-gen stuff. By this point, who cares how good the PS2, the X-box, or the Gamecube did? The point is how well will their NEXT projects do... and I don't think you or I (especially you though), or anyone else on these boards are fully qualified to say how the cards are going to fall.

WTF!!!!!!

My posts are getting erased from this thread, so it's no use to continue posting the truth.  Whatever!!!!!!

BUT.........you will see me rub it in your faces when SONY wins the next gen console wars......AGAIN!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I deleted ONE of your posts because...

Because you are a retard Mgrexx.

I agree whole-heartedly.

I deleted ONE of your posts because it was primarily focused at insulting MZ. Its not my job to go through each post and make you sound more intelligent, so I deleted it.

Oh........and he wasn't. Right!!

You all envy me. It is painfully clear. :D:D

I'll probably get the Xbox 360 first, then some time down the line the PS3. Oddly, more than the next gen gaming system, I'm looking forward to the Media Center Extender abilities. I've been thinking about picking up the parts for that for my XBox, but if it will appear in the next 8 months, I can wait a little longer. It'll be nice to have the media capabilities with music and movies streamed to my living room, plus the (rumored?) detachable hard drive to act as an MP3 player. I just hope that MS embeds a wireless connection after learning of it in the PS3.

Really, I don't see my XBox having worn out its hardware though, so I still think MS has been a little fast bringing out its next gen. But, that's the nature of it since the PlayStation2 has probably pushed its hardware limit by this point. Odd part there is that I haven't really noticed that either. Although I probably will when the new systems come out.

Oh........and he wasn't. Right!!

You all envy me. It is painfully clear. :D:D

Dude... putting select words in your defensive replies doesnt make it true for anyone but you. It's not envy... you idiot.

This guy reminds me of the boss in The Office. no matter how idiotic he makes himself looks he just manages to blame everyone else.

Let me help you a little, for reasons unbeknownst to me why... I'm gonna do it.

The problem with you is that you try to impose your opinions on everyone and you really, really want everyone to take it as gospel. Just say it once and if people believe you, fine... if not... move on... anything beyond that is just annoying...

and trust me, you are far beyond annoying already.

Notice I've backed off on you. Not because I think you're more tolerable now... actually you're becoming worse and worse with every post. But at this point, there's enough people that hate you that I don't need to step in. i'm just trying to help you now so that you know exactly why, and hopefully curb your delusions.

Edited by >EXO<

Exo

The only reason you have backed off, is because you know you can't keep up and can't take the biotch slappings I hand you. Oh if only I could continue without being repremanded, i would make you cry like a little girl AGAIN.

But alas, as to not anger the mod's here, who are one sided, I will chill....but that doesn't change the fact that you are the real idiot.....you clueless lemming. I speak the truth and back it up with hard numbers, instead of relying on others to supply me with how I think and how I will react.

Back on topic. As the poll shows, PS3 is clearly in the lead........and you all say my gospel is not the truth?????? Please!!!!!!!!

I am done with this thread, so good day.

Exo

The only reason you have backed off, is because you know you can't keep up and can't take the biotch slappings I hand you.  Oh if only I could continue without being repremanded, i would make you cry like a little girl AGAIN.

Again... show me where you did this...

It's funny to me that you kept editting your posts after I replied to them... even though I quoted you, just to make it look like you can show me up... like I said... you're an idiot.

Just take the reprimands... I'm willing.

You're only done cuz it's me that does the bitch slapping... Turn and run with your so called masters.

Edited by >EXO<

Here is another article I found on IGN. It is 3 pages long. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

CONCLUSION

When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance. The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment.

Xbox 360 has 278.4 GB/s of memory system bandwidth. The PS3 has less than one-fifth of Xbox 360's (48 GB/s) of total memory system bandwidth.

GPU

Even ignoring the bandwidth limitations the PS3's GPU is not as powerful as the Xbox 360's GPU.

you clueless lemming

Why would EXO be the lemming? Lemmings are animals that just follow their group blindly, without stopping to think about what's really good for them. And so far, you're the only one blindly buying into Sony's hype machine.

I speak the truth and back it up with hard numbers

No you haven't.

instead of relying on others to supply me with how I think and how I will react.

Seems to me like Sony's been telling you what to think for at least a month now.

Oh, BTW, Sony says don't post at Macross World.

As the poll shows, PS3 is clearly in the lead........and you all say my gospel is not the truth??????

More people chosing a particular console doesn't make it "better." Look at the PS2... worldwide it's outsold the Xbox and Gamecube combined (perhaps because everyone ends up buying at least 2?), yet it's got the weakest hardware and is infamous for having the drives go bad. Bottom line is, there are a lot of people out there who have a thing against Microsoft for their shady PC dealings, or they think Nintendo is too kiddy... or people like you, who are convinced that it's the best simply because it says "PlayStation" on it.

:lol: This thread has been a riot. Max, just ban the moron for good. It will save you having to go thru this some other time. Edited by Jemstone

As the poll shows, PS3 is clearly in the lead........and you all say my gospel is not the truth??????

This poll is crap, no offense directed at Agent ONE, because it's not a random sample of the world wide population. Most people are here a fans of Macross and seeing how both the PS and PS2 had Macross games. I would say some of those people may get the PS3 because they are hoping another Macross game will be made for it. Besides this poll doesn't even represent the community on here because not everyone has voted either.

Edit: Damn I hate having a slow computer.

guys can someone answer this for me? WIll Xboxlive free version have free online play 24/7 or is it just free skins and downloadable demos? I am a casual gamer so this is stuff I hear but am not really sure about. But a lot of you here are in the know, therefor eI ask.

Not sure if it is 24/7 but from what I have seen EGM, it looks people will be able to play online for free.

Edited by Shadow Skull

This poll is crap, no offense directed at Agent ONE, because it's not a random sample of the world wide population. Most people are here a fans of Macross and seeing how both the PS and PS2 had Macross games. I would say some of those people may get the PS3 because they are hoping another Macross game will be made for it. Besides this poll doesn't even represent the community on here because not everyone has voted either.

Dude, nobody here pics systems based on Macross games.

Actually, I've seen it said before.

I would hoped nobody bases their pic on the console just having macross games, given their track record. However, MGREXX proves that some people will buy crap if has a certain brand name printed on it.

Actually, I've seen it said before.

Wow, thats nuts.

I think it was graham that buys consoles to try out Macross games. I know the PS was an incentive for me to get the last Macross game, but then I lost interest in VGs before it ever came out.

Here is another article I found on IGN. It is 3 pages long. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html
CONCLUSION

When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance. The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment.

Xbox 360 has 278.4 GB/s of memory system bandwidth. The PS3 has less than one-fifth of Xbox 360's (48 GB/s) of total memory system bandwidth.

GPU

Even ignoring the bandwidth limitations the PS3's GPU is not as powerful as the Xbox 360's GPU.

Hmm..... that`s something but we have to wait for final products to see how turn out form using the consoles capability, in the end it`s the games and the 3rd party support that will judge the system.

Some other news :

http://cube.ign.com/articles/618/618226p1.html

Can somebody clue me in here? Is this what its like on the dedicated video game boards? Its like having a scale replica of the IGN forums right here for us all to enjoy. :lol:

I think so.

Except you have people being irrational on all sides of the argument.

Irrational fanboys are scary.