1. 1. Which one are you going to get?

• xBOX360
    • Nintendo Revulotion
    • PS3
    • None
    • More than one
    • Can't think about games, Agent ONE is just so sexy, its distracting

I hated Aria of Sorrow. It was too easy

Of the four of that particular style (Sympony of the Night, Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, and Aria of Sorrow), I found all but Circle to be on the easy side. Especially Symphony... only Galamoth provided any real challenge, but he was optional. And Dracula himself was a joke. At least in Aria, Death puts up a good fight.

fairly dull writing

Can you argue differently for the other three? Even if it was a little obvious, at least Aria tried to have a plot twist.

and the only decent ending was the "bad" one

Again, of the four, none of them had great endings. So, to my way of thinking, your gripes with Aria are pretty much par for the course.

But I think what made Aria good, to me and perhaps the others that have chimed in their affection for the game, was that more than Circle or Harmony, the gameplay was more like Symphony.

Did anyone catch the Xbox 360 article in the new EGM? Hardware-wise, it's nothing that hasn't already been covered elsewhere, but they did offer a pretty good look at the new Perfect Dark. Graphically, as has been said, it's not all that... but there's still plenty of time to fix that now that the final dev kits are going out. But the features sound pretty good, remind me of the good old days with the orignal PD (guns still have two functions, when unarmed you can steal another player's weapon, etc), and definately have me looking forward to the game.

I hated Aria of Sorrow. It was too easy

Of the four of that particular style (Sympony of the Night, Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, and Aria of Sorrow), I found all but Circle to be on the easy side. Especially Symphony... only Galamoth provided any real challenge, but he was optional. And Dracula himself was a joke. At least in Aria, Death puts up a good fight.

That's my take on it too, really.

Only if I recall my Death battle correctly, I just slapped him with the Valkyrie PokeSoul untill he died.

Honestly, though, I thought SotN put up more of a fight, at least during the starting phase, than Aria did.

Just as a note, I never played Harmony of Dissonance.

fairly dull writing

Can you argue differently for the other three? Even if it was a little obvious, at least Aria tried to have a plot twist.

True.

I just found myself not really giving a crap about anything they said in Aria. It seemed worse than usual.

and the only decent ending was the "bad" one

Again, of the four, none of them had great endings. So, to my way of thinking, your gripes with Aria are pretty much par for the course.

But none of the others I've played inspired just plain old hatred like Aria.

Or maybe it was just because the "bad" ending was too interesting. I tend to get a kick out of that sort of thing(exception: Vanguard Bandits. ARGH!)

But I think what made Aria good, to me and perhaps the others that have chimed in their affection for the game, was that more than Circle or Harmony, the gameplay was more like Symphony.

I think they lost me totally when I spent the entire game wanting a dash ability, and I got it right at the end of the stinking game. It was like they were actively mocking me at that point.

Did anyone catch the Xbox 360 article in the new EGM? Hardware-wise, it's nothing that hasn't already been covered elsewhere, but they did offer a pretty good look at the new Perfect Dark. Graphically, as has been said, it's not all that... but there's still plenty of time to fix that now that the final dev kits are going out. But the features sound pretty good, remind me of the good old days with the orignal PD (guns still have two functions, when unarmed you can steal another player's weapon, etc), and definately have me looking forward to the game.

That reminds me.

I saw an ancient thread from 2003 bumped recently on another board.

A "most anticipated games" discussion. Perfect Dark Zero came up, which was "coming out for the XBox in 2004."

Needless to say, I laughed when I saw it again.

Does Nintendo own the rights to the Rogue Squadron games or something? I'm out of the loop these days. Wouldn't Factor 5 prob do them instead on PS3 since they ditched the 360?

I'm thinking that with the increased costs of next gen development, even more smaller studios and companies may decide to go with one console instead of developing multi platform. We already saw this happening with the current consoles...it will prob happen a lot more. I'm thinking that there will be more exclusive titles to each system this gen than last with the exception of the big name movie licenses and sports games.

The game industry is now in the mainstream in the US, and we take the bad along with the good.

Did anyone catch the Xbox 360 article in the new EGM?  Hardware-wise, it's nothing that hasn't already been covered elsewhere, but they did offer a pretty good look at the new Perfect Dark.  Graphically, as has been said, it's not all that... but there's still plenty of time to fix that now that the final dev kits are going out.  But the features sound pretty good, remind me of the good old days with the orignal PD (guns still have two functions, when unarmed you can steal another player's weapon, etc), and definately have me looking forward to the game.

That reminds me.

A "most anticipated games" discussion. Perfect Dark Zero came up, which was "coming out for the XBox in 2004."

It's actually funny that, in the article, they were talking about that. They started for Gamecube, but they quit because of Nintendo's lack of online planes (so they say). After being bought by Microsoft, they went back to work, because Microsoft had Live. But the current Xbox lacked the power to do the very large maps with the 50+ people (they're aiming for 64) they want in multiplayer, so they quit again (again, so they say). So they switched to the 360.

Hopefully, they don't come up with anything like, "The 360 doesn't include support for players to control the game with their minds, so we're going to move this to development for the Xbox 720."

Damn, so there isn't gonna be Rogue Squadron 4 since Factor 5 is working with PS3 titles only now??

As far as I know, our association with Rogue Squadron and Nintendo just comes from the fact that the last three games turned up on Nintendo consoles. LucastArts should own the rights, though, so another Rogue Squadron could happen easily enough. It'd just be for PS3.

On that note, if they do another Rogue Squadron, I really hope they include some form of threat indicator and targeting, instead of forcing me to squint into the blackness of space to look for TIEs. I mean, and I really to believe that a starfighter with the ability to travel at faster than light speeds has less advanced targeting than an F-15?

Did anyone catch the Xbox 360 article in the new EGM?  Hardware-wise, it's nothing that hasn't already been covered elsewhere, but they did offer a pretty good look at the new Perfect Dark.  Graphically, as has been said, it's not all that... but there's still plenty of time to fix that now that the final dev kits are going out.  But the features sound pretty good, remind me of the good old days with the orignal PD (guns still have two functions, when unarmed you can steal another player's weapon, etc), and definately have me looking forward to the game.

That reminds me.

It's actually funny that, in the article, they were talking about that. They started for Gamecube, but they quit because of Nintendo's lack of online planes (so they say). After being bought by Microsoft, they went back to work, because Microsoft had Live. But the current Xbox lacked the power to do the very large maps with the 50+ people (they're aiming for 64) they want in multiplayer, so they quit again (again, so they say). So they switched to the 360.

Hopefully, they don't come up with anything like, "The 360 doesn't include support for players to control the game with their minds, so we're going to move this to development for the Xbox 720."

And then XBox 720 lacks full-immersion holodeck capabilities, so we're moving to the Nintendo GameKlienBottle.

Damn, so there isn't gonna be Rogue Squadron 4 since Factor 5 is working with PS3 titles only now??

As far as I know, our association with Rogue Squadron and Nintendo just comes from the fact that the last three games turned up on Nintendo consoles. LucastArts should own the rights, though, so another Rogue Squadron could happen easily enough. It'd just be for PS3.

On that note, if they do another Rogue Squadron, I really hope they include some form of threat indicator and targeting, instead of forcing me to squint into the blackness of space to look for TIEs. I mean, and I really to believe that a starfighter with the ability to travel at faster than light speeds has less advanced targeting than an F-15?

Hopefully their new Rogue Squadon will be more then a show off game, that won't completly suck and have more interactivity then a tech demo. Some might argue that a tech demo has more actual gameplay then the last 3 Rogue Squadons :rolleyes:

And BTW, the Eps 1 Rogue Squadron game sucked, and sucked bad enough to have Factor 5 employees arrested :p

Something interesting !

From Magicbox :

- Famitsu Weekly has conducted a next generation reader survey, to see which console system the readers are most interested.

Most Interested Next Generation Console

1. Nintendo Revolution - 42.2%

2. Sony PlayStation 3 - 39.8%

3. Microsoft Xbox 360 - 18.0%

Why do you like Revolution?

- Compact design, typical Nintendo style

- Able to download Famicom (NES), SFC (SNES) and Nintendo 64 games

- Possible innovative / new designs in Revolution

- Confidence in the hardware

Why do you like PlayStation 3?

- Outstanding technical specifications, standout against other next generation consoles

- Downward compatibility with PSone and PlayStation 2

- Cell processor and Bluray support are unique to the console

- Like the design of the console (but the controller design is crazy)

Why do you like Xbox 360?

- Developer support is splendid, especial people like Akira Toriyama and Sakaguchi.

- Square Enix supports the console

- Positive console design, color, technical specs and software lineup

- Console can stand vertically

I have felt that the Gamecube is the most technically impressive hardware from this generation. There's several games on it that boast graphics the likes of wich I've not seen on either of its competitors. Sony's success seems to stem from their third party support, wich in turn stemmed from their head start/install base and highly exaggerated pre-launch hype.

On that note, Nintendo downplayed the graphical power of the Cube before it launched, and many people expected it to have less impressive graphics than either the PS2 or the XBox. With that in mind, it's quite possible that the Revolution won't be suffering in the graphics department as much as many are currently speculating.

I have felt that the Gamecube is the most technically impressive hardware from this generation. There's several games on it that boast graphics the likes of wich I've not seen on either of its competitors. Sony's success seems to stem from their third party support, wich in turn stemmed from their head start/install base and highly exaggerated pre-launch hype.

On that note, Nintendo downplayed the graphical power of the Cube before it launched, and many people expected it to have less impressive graphics than either the PS2 or the XBox. With that in mind, it's quite possible that the Revolution won't be suffering in the graphics department as much as many are currently speculating.

Typical attitude of gamers "hostile" towards Nintendo. :rolleyes:

It's all about the games. Brand loyalty is pointless.

Hardware is over rated completely.

Which ever system ends up having the best games is the one i'll give my attention to.

I havn't seen any of the NextGen console games yet so deciding now would be shooting myself in the foot.

(ps i voted for agent1, as a perfectly straight male, i can say with out flinching: God damn A1 is a sexy man.)

Edited by KingNor

According to some product training I did for work, the Xbox 360 is going to retail with a headset for use with Xbox Live, as well as component video cables. That's nice to hear, and I hope the others follow that example... I always wind up having to buy upgrade cables for my consoles.

Theres was an interview with Hideo Kojima on PA, but I can't seem to access the forums atm, but it did say that the PS3 is going to be one hell of a expensive machine to produce for, meaning you will only get truly outstanding games one or twice a year. While the Xbox360 is going to be much cheaper, meaning outstanding games 2 or 3 times a month. And the revolution will be dirt cheap, meaning non stop waves of outstanding games.

Take this all as a grain of sand. :)

on a side note, I seriously hope Rare hasn't lost touch with the real world, if Perfect Dark turns out less then a stellar success, I hope MS executes everyone in that damn company, and fills it with people who can get the job done without having to pass on half finished work to their offsprings <_<

Edited by Abombz!!

on a side note, I seriously hope Rare hasn't lost touch with the real world, if Perfect Dark turns out less then a stellar success, I hope MS executes everyone in that damn company, and fills it with people who can get the job done without having to pass on half finished work to their offsprings <_<

I hope Rare has secretely cancelled Perfect Dark and is hard at work developing a sequel to Taboo.

:p

on a side note, I seriously hope Rare hasn't lost touch with the real world, if Perfect Dark turns out less then a stellar success, I hope MS executes everyone in that damn company, and fills it with people who can get the job done without having to pass on half finished work to their offsprings  <_<

I hope Rare has secretely cancelled Perfect Dark and is hard at work developing a sequel to Taboo.

Forget both of those games. I wouldn't mind seeing them remake Conker again for the 360! (It's probably the only game franchise that I like by Rare.)

JBO maybe they will make a sequel to Taboo after they finish Perfect Dark.

Theres was an interview with Hideo Kojima on PA, but I can't seem to access the forums atm, but it did say that the PS3 is going to be one hell of a expensive machine to produce for, meaning you will only get truly outstanding games one or twice a year. While the Xbox360 is going to be much cheaper, meaning outstanding games 2 or 3 times a month. And the revolution will be dirt cheap, meaning non stop waves of outstanding games.

Well if that ends up being that case . . .

Don't really care if the PS3 gets many good games, since they seem to have so many damn sequels. Besides maybe a drop in sales will make Sony less arrogant then they are right now.

Both the Xbox360 and the Revolution really need more good games and they both need have great games from multiple genres. So I do hope this ends up being the case.

on a side note, I seriously hope Rare hasn't lost touch with the real world, if Perfect Dark turns out less then a stellar success, I hope MS executes everyone in that damn company, and fills it with people who can get the job done without having to pass on half finished work to their offsprings  <_<

Forget both of those games. I wouldn't mind seeing them remake Conker again for the 360! (It's probably the only game franchise that I like by Rare.)

Calling Taboo a game is being a tad generous.

Actually, one is coming out for the X-Box next month.

Actually, one is coming out for the X-Box next month.

Yea, and I'm stoked! I was wanting to order a copy of the demo, but I decided not to for some reason. I would order one now, but I'm guessing by the time it gets to my place the game will already be out. So there's not point in wasting $6.

Next-gen leaders talk about their consoles

[It isn't a bad thing to have a high price. When we released the original PlayStation at 39,800 yen ($368), Nintendo's Super Famicom was in the 10,000 yen range ($100 range). Still, everyone went for the PlayStation. This time, ours [the PS3] will be like a BMW that's equipped with a Ferrari engine. Nintendo's [Revolution] will be something like a new model of a family car. Some people might want it, but if it was me, I'd want to advance to the next level. ]

Ken Kutaragi.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/31/news_6126725.html

Edited by Black Valkyrie

[It isn't a bad thing to have a high price. When we released the original PlayStation at 39,800 yen ($368), Nintendo's Super Famicom was in the 10,000 yen range ($100 range). Still, everyone went for the PlayStation. This time, ours [the PS3] will be like a BMW that's equipped with a Ferrari engine. Nintendo's [Revolution] will be something like a new model of a family car. Some people might want it, but if it was me, I'd want to advance to the next level. ]

Ken Kutaragi.

Thats such a retarded quote! Everyone went for the PSX because by the time it was released the SNES already had more then 5 years and everyone already owned one! farting retard, someone really needs to shoot Kutargi. <_<

Ken Kutaragi.

In other words, Sony feels they're justified if they charge more than everyone else. <_<

Ken Kutaragi.  

In other words, Sony feels they're justified if they charge more than everyone else. <_<

Mental defection is truly a prime justification for being stupid. :)

Too bad they fail to realize that not everyone will be willing to buy the BMW with Ferrari engine, when they can get a BMW with damn fine engine (Xbox360, or Revolution) for much less. I think the roles are inverted here, this generation Sony will be running their mouths with insane stupidity, just like Nintendo did last generation. Perhaps we are watching the impending Nintendo-fication of Sony? After all, Nintendo did crash after its second console, even though the N64 was more powerful and didn't join in with the most used media (in this case, blu-ray for the PS3)

Edited by Abombz!!

If I had to guess, people really are going to buy the PS3, regardless of price and performance, because it has the PlayStation brand. I also think they have enough of an installed user base to remain the market leader through the next-gen.

That said, though, they are going to lose ground with that kind of attitude, and more discerning gamers are going to see that the Xbox 360 will offer largely the same experience, and Microsoft is going to gain a lot of ground. They might not pass up Sony in the next round, but if the Xbox team continues to stay in touch with what the consumer actually wants (which, I believe is one of the reasons they've managed to do as well as they have), their third console could very well overtake the PS4.

As for Nintendo... their attitude seems to be totally different. A lot of people are giving them respect for focusing on games and keeping them fun and simple, but their reluctance to go after the mainstream market is going to keep them in third for some time to come.

Of course, these are just my predictions... feel free to post your thoughts!

I mean shouldn`t game consoles be about a games in first place, I mean why Sony is talking about multimedia may be they should call it Multimedia Station.

If Kutaragi continue to talk like this, he`d better be careful cuz I have a feeling MS3 I mean PS3 :lol: will get a kick.

Man even the game consoles they make`em complicated. At least IMO Nintendo`s position now like SNK`s Neo Geo cart system for certain fans or should I say hardcores. I`m just waiting for Sega to show weapon assault systems (games) :) like Outrun-2 for Xbox, man this game made me smile when I saw it, this was the real game.

Since games are pretty much now mainstream in the US, this is the direction consoles will go. It is a slow integration of the "black box" that everyone since the 3DO has wanted to produce. The current gen systems are hints of what's to come, the next gen is more so.