VF-0D CG Project

DatterBoy

All,

I'm going to start doingmy VF-0D. Shouldn't probably start till I finish my Regault or the VF-1 but I feel like doing something new.

Need some help.

AlphaX helped me out with a few refs but I need more since I don't have anything solid to really work from. He gave me what looked like HASEGAWA scans but I need one higher. If anyone has the VF-0D prints and they can scan me a really high reso one, I'd love that.

And any ref pics you may have would be great as well. Detail counts here folks!

Thanks!

:Dat

I told you to ask me if you need it to be higher res. ;)

Well in that case... got a cleaner scan that's even bigger?

I changed my first post. Thats the biggest I can make it. The original scan is much bigger but MW doesnt allow an attachment to be bigger than 1mb.

Thanks Guys.

Not sure if I can make this transformable without some major tweaking. I know that Hasegawa may do some interpretation for different modes to enhance the look, but I thought since the original was in CG on screen as well, it would be a print for print build out.

Well, at least in preliminary, there are some components of transformation that either don't fit or I'm doing it wrong, specifically the nosecone and how far it pops p to elevate the head and the amoutn it extrudes up through the shoulder and coverage by the built in heatshield.

Maybe it's me.

At any rate, not having a physical toy or model is forcing me to interpret a lot of suff or just plain glaze over it. Hoping I can get some better references over time.

More updates soon.

MORE REFS IF YOU GOT EM!!! NEED MORE ANGLES TO FIGURE THIS PUPPY OUT! Looking for Battroid mode too, since the mode highlights the gemoetry of some pieces that are hidden in fighter mode.

Hey, Datterboy, just wanted to know if this is your work? thanks!!!! B)):):lol::D:pM18.jpg if it isnt, i hope your ends as good or even as better as this one.

Anyway keep the vf-0d cg coming. :lol:

Edited by grss1982

Actually, I think that is the official model used for the movie. Not sure, if it's not, then it's damn good! I can onlyhope mine looks as good.

Need head and backpack references as well as rear leg detail to go on any further. Most shots are of fighter mode and don't give too much on how those are supposed to look.. anyone?

May start texturing soon just to see how it would look in color. One thing about modelling these vs the VF-1, the VF-1 was animated first by hand, so interpretation as to how it looks was really up to the artist whether it be toy or model. The VF-0 series is set.. no anime magic, so either you get it right or you don't...

wooohoo!!!!

Is this battroid a conversion of the fighter kit? Or an upcoming model? Other pics? Please, I'm in need!

wooohoo!!!!

Is this battroid a conversion of the fighter kit? Or an upcoming model? Other pics? Please, I'm in need!

Someone kitbashed a vf-0d fighter kit to become variable. I wish it was a conversion kit or an upcoming kit.

Anyways, heres another picture. Its pretty old, there was another thread where i posted a kitbashed variable sv-51 and vf-0s.

Edited by AlphaHX

This kitbash is absolutely gorgeous! Did you do it yourself Alpha? Somebody else? Any link to a webpage with more photos?