iMacross Servers

wrylac

imacross4 online

using smartftp client to connect works fine.

Just within the last half hour, I tried upgrading the RAM an additional 512 MB on Windows XP Pro and does not recognize additional ram, so I'm stuck at 768 MB. As well, Windows XP Pro recognizes my PIII 800 as a PIII 533E. My abit be6 motherboard defaults to a lower clockspeed and Windows XP Pro refuses to accept change from hardware defaults.

Windows XP Pro is the most stable Windows software yet, but next to impossible to upgrade the hardware.

Oh well.

Share and enjoy

Hmm, XP has been the easiest for me to change hardware so far...

If the board isn't accepting hardware changes made in the BIOS, that isn't the fault of the OS. When yo uboot back into the BIOS, does it still have the changes you made? Or have they been reset?

• 2 weeks later...

iMacross4 online

busy day today

I gave one of my older computers to my younger brother, so he swapped out the parts from the other computer I sold/gave him and found nothing worked the way it used to. I found out that quite a few parts were burnt out from his changeover.

1 motherboard fried after changeover

2 power supplies fried

2 floppy drives fried

1 video card fried

So, then I was reconfiguring the old and new boxes together, so all that needed to be done is figure out where the power switches from the tower plug into the motherboard. After I left, he accidentally bumped a metal lamp against the computer case while the computer was on.

In addition, now

the other motherboard is fried

along with

the 19 inch monitor (possibly)

[hard drives, psu s, floppy drives and pci cards seem to be fine - hard to tell when both motherboards are dead]

He's going to bug our older brother about computer motherboard replacements.

160.00 Canadian spent on replacement parts today that turned into garbage after a short electrical zap from a lamp.

So Very Frustrating :angry:

Then I get home and find that lightning shut down my computer.

But, at least my computer is working now.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Edited by boinger

• 4 weeks later...

imacross 4 back online.

i'm currently downloading a huge bunch of comics under the manga folder. Completed comics have the bittorrent file inside the folder.

imacross 4 directory html file updated under the UPLOADS folder

share and enjoy

Oct.5

back online at noon.

connection dropped last night and computer locked up.

I have to complain to sympatico adsl about this.

there are also alternative means for the macross stuff.

Edited by boinger

• 3 months later...

iMacross 4 offline

I picked up a used laptop and a wireless router. The server needs to be reconfigured through no ip.com to recognize the wireless router for the imacross4.myftp.org adress.

I probably need a couple of days to get this working.

I'll be back.

• 2 weeks later...

okay, I think imacross4 is online now.

I had to read up on d link router settings and bulletftp server settings and no ip software settings. I'm still hazy about port fowarding or opening ports.

With Smartftp ftp client, I was able to connect to my WAN ip address which connects to imacross4, but I was not able to connect to imacross4 through internet explorer web browser.

enjoy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

imacross4 offline pending repairs

Shocked myself while installing a wireless keyboard and mouse. Now the computer is going through scandisk and I'm going to work.

I'm not as enthused about the logitech cordless duo mx as I was before. Keys are rattley and stick and there's no shock protection from the ac adapter that connects to ps2 cord. I will probably return it tomorrow and get an external dvd burner (lg or pioneer) for my new laptop.

I'll post here when I'm back.

imacross 4 online

seems to be working okay.

---------------------------------

mar. 7/05

imacross 4 currently offline

Yesterday, I moved my office desk into my bedroom and put my smaller desk into my living room. Jostled the cables of my desktop computer tower and zapped my computer offline again.

Today, I'm going to go exchange my adsl modem and see if the speed improves otherwise I'm switching to cable in a couple of weeks.

As well, I'm looking to make a final upgrade to my desktop. Hard to make up my mind:

1. get upgrade kit with motherboard, 3 ghz cpu, 1 gb ram, sound and 128 mb video built in and just swap out hard drives

2. trade in computer for discount and wait 15 days offline for upgrade

3. shuttle pc that can house dvdrom, dvdrw, 2 hard drives and has sound, firewire, usb, ps2 ports, 2-3 pci and upgradeable video slot.

if only I didn't need to get my car fixed this week :(

Edited by boinger

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not getting able to get on, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I haven't gotten on in a while, but the settings I used to use are still stored in Rbrowser.

Every time I try to get on, I see this window:

edit in: even with "view transcript" turned on, it still doesn't say anything in the trasncript.

damage1.tiff

Edited by the white drew carey

imacross4 offline

(typing from my laptop)

While looking for yamato fansubbed episodes from central anime, I also found new macross 7 bittorrents from central anime here

Tonight, I was trying to install a pci radeon 9250 pci card without uninstalling the ati drivers first. bad idea. The pci video card didn't send a signal properly, confused windows and now I'm waiting for windows to scandisk through the harddrives, so I can get back into windows and uninstall the radeon drivers to try again.

I would like to have both the radeon 7200 agp vivo card and this new pci card working at the same time, but I'm not sure if I can do that. Trying to get the desktop computer ready for the new 4 year payment plan tv.

I was looking at setting up a direct connect hub, but I think I have to set up some router firewall settings before the hub will work. Otherwise, I keep getting a runtime error 339 with v1.0 and unable to connect with socket error with v2.0.

Any suggeestions?

• 2 months later...

imacross4 offline until I can switch to a new isp. :angry:

Shaw cable modem is now set at 50 gb uploads + downloads / month and 1-2 gb/day!

Shaw cable has an open ended contract, so they can rewrite whatever amount of bandwidth is too much and how much they can charge for bandwidht as well.

I was thinking that I cannot go back to MTS adsl modem because of my router difficutlies. Maybe, there's some other cable or adsl service in Winnipeg that doesn't restirct bandwidht so much.

I can only download or upload at about 20 kb/s for the whole day if I want to keep to the agreement. That's worse than 56 k. I might as well get a separate phone line and get a cheap unlimited 56k dialup sevice. I would end up paying the same and not being disconnected every other week.

Any other ideas?

• 7 months later...

Sinced the beginning of last year, Shaw cable has drastically reduced internet bandwidth, despite that I pay $20 more per month now for intenet access. So, I had to stop imacross4 or be cut off from the internet every 2nd week by Shaw cable.

If there are no more volunteers for iMacross servers, then there's just the usual bittorrent anime websites to look for macross stuff.

Edited by boinger

Ahh well, it was a great thing while it lasted! Managed to land all of Dynamite 7 and pretty much every Macross soundtrack ever produced (that I didn't already own).

I guess the next generation of Macross fans will have to find a way to get everything they wanted.

iMacrossVII is sorta back online, AO 6:45am Mountain Time this morning. I still have an issue with my router I need to resolve <_<

At present it is a "normal" Anonymous login for downloading... I work on setting up new upload logins, when the HD failed it took all the upload account setings I had made.

I now have 7+ gigs allocated for FTP services (approx 2 used), compared to the old server only had about 300+MB free ;)

As suggested by Duke Togo, I started thinking about Bittorrent server stuff:

I was looking at the Azureus bittorrent client that I use regularly. It looks like this bittorrent software can host bittorrent files.

I'll play around with Azureus to see if I can create a bittorrent and star up a bittorrent file server.

You can expect that the download speeds from me will be pretty slow, but once the first 5 or so people download from me, the download speeds will pick up with more participants. I will try to stay online for downloading, since initially the macross videos, games, music, and pictures will take a few weeks to download.

When you use Azureus, you have the option of downloading only particular files that you would like and changing the upload and download kb/s. These features will be handy for those of us who have a bandwidth restriction.

I think I can put up some bittorrent files on my shaw webpage. Then mw members can download the bittorrent file and use their favorite bitttorrent client software.

I'll post again here, when I'm ready.

boinger

The Azureus bittorrent software is the tracker and the server.

I just put a copy of a bittorrent file on on my shaw webpage.

I think that Azureus uses a trackerless server system, so you can only use Azureus for downloading the bittorrent files I'm putting together.

1. download the bittorrent file from my shaw webpage

2. download a copy of Azureus bittorrent software

3. run the Azureus bittorrent software

4. top right of Azureus, "click" file, "click" open, "click" torrent file

5. "click" add file and look on your computer for the (1.) downloaded bittorrent file

6. on the same window as (5.), "click" browse to pick a place on your computer to save the full version of the file

7. see how many people are up/downloading on the file

8. go do something else for a couple of weeks, this will take a while

Is it working now?

It's working!! :o

Edited by boinger