iMacross Servers

wrylac

That's the sad thing, I was trying to do it ALL lastnight, Bit Torrent nor SmartFTP would work for me to get on anything I want...and my 56K is all messed up, not too mention I gotta give back the loaner computer today to pick up my messed up one and god knows if it'll work or not...

UGH! I can't even get into AIM >_> how lame is that?! Can't even use Winmx or anything...this sucks...

Edited by Hikuro

imacross 4 online

11 kb/s for 6 clients

Sounds like the adsl modem needs to be turned off for 2-3 minutes to reset its connection the ISP server.

If that doesn't work, you might need a new network card. Phone your ADSL ISP provider if you need further help and even a new network card.

I'll give it a try, it's troubling though, this is a brand new computer too, haven't even had it for a month yet...so it can't be the network card...but it's a very funky router for sure...actually the odd thing is it's a router and a modem from what I'm reading...so I could set it up as either or...but I'll turn it off here in a little bit...restart my computer and just wait it out for a little while, see if that works...

WOHOO! It's working! Prepare to have your bandwidth FRIED!!!!!

Edited by Hikuro

I just noticed something ¬.¬ my Air Show - Macross dub job seems to carry the MW...and yet it was ppl here in Macrossworld that did not want to even see Macross remotely dubbed espically by a fan such as myself...iiiiinnnnnnnnnteresting.......

• 4 weeks later...

imacross4 offline.

My computer was super slow last night, so I virus scanned and found that I picked up a virus. I'm just double-checking that I don't have it anymore.

I'll post again when I'm back, probably this evening at the latest.

I'm using LeechtFTP, but couldn't connect due too many users.

I also use my own MW name.

Bitorrent is one method and I would also add Overnet since that has the ability to propogate on its own and setup your own upload limits so everyone within the network won't have their uplink saturated. 0.5 Kb/sec from 10-20 people could help the ftp servers a LOT.

you can set your max upload speed and number of clients max with bittorent as well.

I always set max upload to 80% of my theorical max. So the download is still possible.

When my upload bandwidth is saturated, I can't download anymore. At all.

Right now I am downloading from server IV but I can't upload there. If my connection crashes I'll have to start over from zero kB. We can't resume uploads at server IV.

Edited by Göönk

• 2 months later...

iMacross 4 offline.

I am in the process of moving to bigger hard drives. I was running out of room!

50 % done now, currently formatting another hard drive and then I will clone and install as C:.

Anyways, I'll be back by this evening Friday and I will post here when I get back online.

iMacross 4 offline.

I am in the process of moving to bigger hard drives. I was running out of room!

50 % done now, currently formatting another hard drive and then I will clone and install as C:.

Anyways, I'll be back by this evening Friday and I will post here when I get back online.

Thank goodnes! I was right in the middle of Mzero Ep 3 when I was dropped and then it kept saying my connection was refused. I thought I made you angry!!! :D

I'll be waiting with bated breath.

p.s.- Thanks for the DiVX advice!!!

iMacross 4 back online!

enjoy B))

--------------------------------

MTS sympatico ISP kicked me offline last night. Back online again!

iMacross 4 online

I am getting a really poor connection from MTS Sympatico for the last couple of days. I'm going to have to phone tomorrow and find out what's what.

imacross 4 online

my 120 gb hard drive died from over heating on me. So, I cooled it off and had to reinstall the highpoint controller to get it recognized by windows

Edited by boinger

• 2 weeks later...

iMacross 4 online sort of

My connection to the internet has been dropping on a pretty frequent basis. MTS says I should swap my modem in with a new one. I'll do that tomorrow. I seem to be connected okay now, after I turned off my modem again to reset it.

I got me a problem:

I DL'ed the DYRL game intro from iMacrossIV and I'm trying to play it on VLC media player (what I use to view all of the stuff I DL) but I'm not getting any picture, only sound. This message pops up when I try to play it:

main: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `IV50'.

VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

Now, I know VLC is the name of the viewer, but I don't understand the rest of it.

Whassup widdat? Anyone got any ideas?

p.s.- I DL'ed the intro from Burn's www.unspacy.de site as well and tried it and I get the same message. I'm not sure if they're the same file or not.

p.p.s.- it doesn't work on QT as well, but nothing ever does.

Edited by the white drew carey

TWDC, look at the link in my signature. It has the skinny on viewing IV50 stuff on Macs. Basically, you need to use Quicktime Player under Classic, and you need to install a special codec.

Edit: PM me if you need help.

Edited by ewilen

TWDC, look at the link in my signature. It has the skinny on viewing IV50 stuff on Macs. Basically, you need to use Quicktime Player under Classic, and you need to install a special codec.

Edit: PM me if you need help.

Once again Ewilen comes to my rescue!

You better watch out, or I'll have to give you my "flower".

:wub:

:p

hello:

I ran out of room on my hard drives. All the gundam series, that I have, take up more than 50 gb. So, I bought 2 bigger hard drives. Then I rearranged the files, dropped some of the anime series (FLCL, Maxx, Patlabor, RahXephon) and the anime music, so I could find space for Studio Ghibli movies and the rest of the Gundam series.

I'll see if I can rearrange my stuff to bring back the anime music and FLCL.

I almost have all of Gundam Victory and Gundam ZZ by downloading bittorrents from anime skysraper web site.

I'm still looking for Gundam Zeta subs on episodes 8, 12, 45-50; Turn A subs 9, 11-50; and 0080 dubbed 3. Then I would have pretty much all the universal century gundam.

I actually like Gundam Seed.

share and enjoy

imacross4 admin

• 3 weeks later...
hello:

I ran out of room on my hard drives. All the gundam series, that I have, take up more than 50 gb. So, I bought 2 bigger hard drives. Then I rearranged the files, dropped some of the anime series (FLCL, Maxx, Patlabor, RahXephon) and the anime music, so I could find space for Studio Ghibli movies and the rest of the Gundam series.

I'll see if I can rearrange my stuff to bring back the anime music and FLCL.

I almost have all of Gundam Victory and Gundam ZZ by downloading bittorrents from anime skysraper web site.

I'm still looking for Gundam Zeta subs on episodes 8, 12, 45-50; Turn A subs 9, 11-50; and 0080 dubbed 3. Then I would have pretty much all the universal century gundam.

I actually like Gundam Seed.

share and enjoy

imacross4 admin

Boinger, I'm turning into a FLCL (that is one f'd up show) fan, let me know how big the files are (non-video files). I could probably host them for you.

• 1 month later...

iMacross 4 online

My ISP, MTS Sympatico, has been dropping me offline once a day for the last 4 days, since I received an email from MTS on how they are increasing my download speed without charging me more money. I have only noticed that I disconnect more often from the intenet.

For Wednesday, I'll see if I can get a new modem from MTS because supposedly that was the cause for the last series of offlines from MTS last month.

Until Wednesday, I'll remain online as much as possible. Otherwise, there is Shareaza or Azureus bittorrent client. Or whatever.

share and enjoy

hmmm it seems that i can only connect to the imacross server #7

it says in the FAQ to PM the server owners to the password?

but there's passwords listed in the FAQ?

i'm new to ftp and my bud hooked me up with flashfxp, which connected me to server #7 just fine.

anyways...

just hoping i can poke around the others if anybody is willing to give me the pass?

as for Yukikaze, found the torrent file on server #7 and saw a model here a ways back (don't remember by who, but it was really good)

does our hory froating head have anything to do with yukikaze?

cause the unmanned fighter looks eerily similar to that civilian valkyrie from Macross II

thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

imacross4 online

using smartftp client to connect works fine.

Just within the last half hour, I tried upgrading the RAM an additional 512 MB on Windows XP Pro and does not recognize additional ram, so I'm stuck at 768 MB. As well, Windows XP Pro recognizes my PIII 800 as a PIII 533E. My abit be6 motherboard defaults to a lower clockspeed and Windows XP Pro refuses to accept change from hardware defaults.

Windows XP Pro is the most stable Windows software yet, but next to impossible to upgrade the hardware.

Oh well.

Share and enjoy