Anyone seen GOLDENBOY? it IS it's 10 anniv!

A friend hooked me onto this funny as hell anime and I noticed that this year marks its 10 anniversary!

This is the closest you'll get to a Farelly Brothers like anime!

:lol:

Plus the character designs arent half bad. It's the same guy that did the C designs for COWBOY BEBOP so to see another girl besides the sexy Faye in that same style is a bonus.

:p

I thought the 5th one was the best: the one with the biker chick who said Kentaro could have her if he beat her in a race, with a BICYCLE.

Edited by Anubis

I thought the 5th one was the best: the one with the biker chick who said Kentaro could have her if he beat her in a race, with a BICYCLE.

That girl was pretty much drawn to perfection in that episode. :o Goldenboy was great; the guy who voiced Kintaro did a fantastic job on the dubs. One of the very few times where I really liked a dub job, and the voice actor seemed to really "get" what the show was aiming for.

Well Axelay, ADV was nice enough to put all six eps on a 2 dvd set and it's cheap too!

;)

Man, don't remind me. That had pissed me off so much. Got the individual 2 DVDs. Then about just 3 weeks later ADV rereleases them on one disc in an 'Essential Anime" release. I was so pissed. Few animes where the "fan service" is funny and purposeful the more gratutious it is. Anything that can pull that off is great series.

I loved GB, the anime was toned down considerably but all the same hilarious and highly imaginative. One thing people should be aware of was the fact K in the manga wasn’t quite as altruistic, so…

**Spoiler**

Well in the manga series K ends up meeting a bunch of other beauties from his past and after a series of events, gets stuck in a virtual world. Some of the ladies care about him, but his goes up against some new characters that do not care for him at all. As you can imagine the scenes and situations are quite sexually graphic and in the end, there is no clear resolution for K. GB the anime series has some merchandising but it depends on what you like to collect. Cels seem the most popular among hardcore fans. If you are interested, there was a spin off series created by the same team that worked on the original GB manga.