New Yamato 1/48 GBP Pics

Graham

I'm a little sorry though that Qrau sales weren't that great because to me this is my fave enemy mech in the original series and movie. I bought it hoping that we might start to see more enemy mecha from them in the future and am not disapointed I paid high price to get it. I would love to see a glaug with articulated action figure like the ScopeDog. I like the curved armor design and the overall shape of this mech. It's like the zentradi tradition to have thier powered suits and machines look curvy and bulky (eg pods, thier ships) with skinny insect-like limbs (pods, the yf21) while humans have straight and angular shapes.

Letting their licenses for the Mac plus valks (specifically, the yf-19 fp) expire while pouting over a fake pic from fans who've been understandably deprived of any news of it for more than a year! You can't get any more of a sure hit than a improved kick ass yf-19 and they still won't do it. Also, what happned to the VF-0? for all we know it's quite possible the license for that probably expired as well... Yamato smart? nah...

They still might be able to release a yf19fp from vfx though can't they? I'm hoping they are spreading releases and staggering them so people can afford all thier toys. Some people may be on a budget and need time to save up to get stuff. After gbp, maybe they could finally bring out a yf19fp?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Nani, if im one of the dumbasses your saying exist in this thread then your wrong. Yamato is a business. NOT a moneymaking friend. Do you think they really care whether or not some gaijins by their product? No what they care about is whether the stuff they make is gathering dust or flying off shelves in japan.

And the VF-0? HAH! Tell me did macross zero even do that well in japan? Would the general populace by that over the Gundam IMplules or whatever the hell new figure in 5 differnet variations is out there in japan? What makes you think kawamori even approved the new sculpt they showed off at tokyo fest 2004? You DO realize without HIS approval yamato can NOT release the said macross toy? You DO realize that he can be just as anal as katsushiro nightow? YOu ALSO realize that kawamori is sometimes ballshard to get in contact with for approval meetings? You DO realize that he is also making other anime?

And anyways Graham is a father now, hes got tons of stuff to do, and what else macross is yamato making right now? NOT MUCH!! Besides its not like they cut him off, hes got stuff to do, and they arent really doing much with macross now. If its that way then what does he have to report us? NOTHING! While I do think it was cool for them to keep in touch and all that, I mean look at it this way, Grahams got a kid to feed and raise, yamatos got other products other than macross to produce.

You never treat your fans that way... Yamato smart? nah....

YOu never treat your FRIENDS that way. And fans of a company>? Thats a different story. LIke I said they are out to make a buck, not friendships. Whether you got screwed over with a broken 160, they could care LESS, they got your money and they ain't givin' it back holmes, plain and simple.

And besides if they really LOVED us before like you are getting at, then why is it none of their english speaking officials posted here themselves? Yea they really LOVED us. Oh man. hearts and stuff everywhere.

I still cant figure out why a lot of you act like they owe us something. They cant even cater to our market DIRECTLY, why would they focus on us? And macross zero did not do so hot in japan, so im really not surprised yamato didnt do anything with the license.(and dont even say i DIDNT want a VF-0 youo ALL saw my polls from the past 2 years!)

- Making the q-rau and using millia's red color for it's debut was dumb. :o Sigh.... Setting it's price for almost the cost of a 1/48 was also retarded. Judging even by millia vf-1j's both 1/60 and 1/48, millia never did too hot. A green Qrau would have gotten them the returns they wanted... The poor sales of the red qrau as we now know, is one of the reasons Yamato is producing less Macross items. yamato smart? nah...

Ermm..there are a lot of thing that are wrong bt particularly this one paragraph. Generally bad guy mecha don't sell well at all and saying that the Green Q-Rau will sell more than the Milia one is entirely your personal opinion.

Woah, dont take this so seriously guys. Remember these are all speculations, we could all be wrong or right.

If I were in Yamatos shoes, I would start out with a small, say 5,000unit run of the GPB armor only. Small enough that the average Macross fan on the street will say "Holy poo! Unless I get one now I might never get one!"

If it tanks, and no one buys it, stop right there and cut losses and move onto BGC and Megazone toys. If it sells out, ramp up production and put out a medium sized production run of the GPB and 1J set, say 10,000units.

Once thats done, wait a year or so. Based on reports from retailers, distributors and fans release a final run of just the GPB.

This way, total run of both units is over 15,000 enough to cover development costs and decent profit. At the same time reducing financial risk by not putting all your eggs in one basket.

Nani, if im one of the dumbasses your saying exist in this thread then your wrong. Yamato is a business. NOT a moneymaking friend. Do you think they really care whether or not some gaijins by their product? No what they care about is whether the stuff they make is gathering dust or flying off shelves in japan.

And the VF-0? HAH! Tell me did macross zero even do that well in japan? Would the general populace by that over the Gundam IMplules or whatever the hell new figure in 5 differnet variations is out there in japan? What makes you think kawamori even approved the new sculpt they showed off at tokyo fest 2004? You DO realize without HIS approval yamato can NOT release the said macross toy? You DO realize that he can be just as anal as katsushiro nightow? YOu ALSO realize that kawamori is sometimes ballshard to get in contact with for approval meetings? You DO realize that he is also making other anime?

And anyways Graham is a father now, hes got tons of stuff to do, and what else macross is yamato making right now? NOT MUCH!! Besides its not like they cut him off, hes got stuff to do, and they arent really doing much with macross now. If its that way then what does he have to report us? NOTHING! While I do think it was cool for them to keep in touch and all that, I mean look at it this way, Grahams got a kid to feed and raise, yamatos got other products other than macross to produce.

You never treat your fans that way... Yamato smart? nah....

YOu never treat your FRIENDS that way. And fans of a company>? Thats a different story. LIke I said they are out to make a buck, not friendships. Whether you got screwed over with a broken 160, they could care LESS, they got your money and they ain't givin' it back holmes, plain and simple.

And besides if they really LOVED us before like you are getting at, then why is it none of their english speaking officials posted here themselves? Yea they really LOVED us. Oh man. hearts and stuff everywhere.

I still cant figure out why a lot of you act like they owe us something. They cant even cater to our market DIRECTLY, why would they focus on us? And macross zero did not do so hot in japan, so im really not surprised yamato didnt do anything with the license.(and dont even say i DIDNT want a VF-0 youo ALL saw my polls from the past 2 years!)

woah woah woah, shin....

hold up.... I believe half of what you just said in the quote was things I did NOT say nor imply.... I never called you a dumb ass... I called yamato a dumbass... and I never said yamato "LOVED" us before.... they love money just like any other company.

But before I continue, dude let me make this clear... I respect YOU and everyone here in Macross world. PLEASE read my post over again and see if I directed ANYTHING at you or other mwers.. I actually said, I give you guys credit for being so kind to yamato... I also said I've never seen a community so sturdy in support... BOTTOM LINE: I was in no way attacking you... if you misread my post then I'm sorry. PEACE :D

Anyway to continue... I never said yamato loved us.... I've heard the "they are a cold hard business" argument many times and I assure you... I know they are a business... EVERYTHING you said about the kawamori and stuff, I agree.

The only thing I didnt agree with you is the suggestion that YAMATO is an intelligent company crunching out genius marketing strategies that people were giving them credit for. I personally think they're just doing what's obvious and fool proof with the GBP and as in the three examples I've mentioned they fail to even do that sometimes!

Anyway, nothing more about this man! People are probably already grumbling "who cares?" so yeah I dont care either... havent cared since the 19 went vapor. :p

PEACE Shin, really... if I caused any offense, I'm sorry, I sure didn't mean to.

That looks awesome! It now looks like I'll be buying some more 1/48th stuff. Though I don't like the false shoulder either. It's kind of lame. Though I suppose all of the 1/48ths (minus the low vis) have white shoulders.

Randy

Oh my god. I totally forgot about that. This is gonna look so STUPID on the low-viz! Ohhhh MaaaaaaaAAAAAaannn!! :angry:

That looks awesome!  It now looks like I'll be buying some more 1/48th stuff.  Though I don't like the false shoulder either.  It's kind of lame.  Though I suppose all of the 1/48ths (minus the low vis) have white shoulders.

Randy

Oh my god. I totally forgot about that. This is gonna look so STUPID on the low-viz! Ohhhh MaaaaaaaAAAAAaannn!! :angry:

Just paint the shoulder pads low vis grey. :p

I can't wait to see a couple sets of custom armor painted in the Low Vis Scheme for the Low Vis, sure it isn't technically O.G. Macross or anything, but the pre-productions grey set looks really cool I think. Put a set of that on a Low Vis or better yet, a Low Vis custom VF-1S I think would look extremely bad ass!

Edited by Ghadrack

That looks awesome!  It now looks like I'll be buying some more 1/48th stuff.  Though I don't like the false shoulder either.  It's kind of lame.  Though I suppose all of the 1/48ths (minus the low vis) have white shoulders.

Randy

Just look it in another way a piece of armor attachment. Now if Toynami makes and copies Yamato's version for their MPC that's lame.

Toynami is lame anyways... :rolleyes:

Now if Toynami makes and copies Yamato's version for their MPC that's lame.

Why? The more toys the better as far as I'm concerned. If Toynami actually begins to think it's competing with Yamato we might actually see both companies put a little more effort into what they produce.

jenius Posted on Apr 22 2005, 07:24 PM

Now if Toynami makes and copies Yamato's version for their MPC that's lame.

Why? The more toys the better as far as I'm concerned. If Toynami actually begins to think it's competing with Yamato we might actually see both companies put a little more effort into what they produce.

Meaning more toys and stuff for us fans, hmmm? Never actually thought of it this way. We might turn out to be winners, if this was the case. But of course, that's a very big "IF" :) .

Still no word if this is going to be bundled with a 1J?

Well, the original announcement was that there would be both a bundle and a stand-alone pack, but now I'm not so sure. :unsure:

The info plate makes no mention of a VF-1J set, only a 8000yen GPB pack. Since there are still 1/48`s on shelves here in Japan, maybe they dont want to oversaturate the market with 3 different boxes with the same VF-1J in it? They know full well the dangers of oversaturation.

From auctions it seems most of the 1/48s are the supers Max and Miryas mainly. I'm ok if they don't do a bundle but simply reissue the VF-1J.

If that is the case, then in a few months it will definitely be right to release a new product. It make it a lot easeir for people to find new valks.

I wouldn't be surprised if Max got a rerelease next year. Max sold like hot cakes in his VF-1J form.

Renato, if you have read that the VF-1J is going to be bundled, then I'll believe you. After all, you read that off the original article in the DH mag didn't you?

Randy

Just paint the shoulder pads low vis grey. :p

Will it really look stupid? Most of the armour is dark grey-blue after all.

Why would you want to cover up a Low-Viz with the armor, anyway? Doesn't that kinda defeat the whole purpose of the camouflage?

It would look *cool*. Might as well ask why bother having a plane turn into a frickin' robot.

Oh and by the way, there are new pictures of the GBP in the latest issue of Figure Oh (the one that comes with the Cutie Honey figure).

It's looking real badass with all the missiles in place!

Edited by Renato

Yo people gotten some news from my local seller, that GBP is coming out with the VF-1J valk at 19,800 yen, can anyone confirm that ?

And also theGBP armour is confirmed, taking pre-orders in june period.... as informed by my local seller... can some one pls let me know.. cause been thru the messages and did not get a clear picture... any one pls help if you can ?

Oh and by the way, there are new pictures of the GBP in the latest issue of Figure Oh (the one that comes with the Cutie Honey figure).

It's looking real badass with all the missiles in place!

YOU tease! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Was it a painted version? ;)

Yo people gotten some news from my local seller, that GBP is coming out with the VF-1J valk at 19,800 yen, can anyone confirm that ?

And also theGBP armour is confirmed, taking pre-orders in june period.... as informed by my local seller... can some one pls let me know.. cause been thru the messages and did not get a clear picture... any one pls help if you can ?

As GBP is to be retailed at 8000 Yen and the FP was 5800 Yen I doubt the bundle will cost 19800 Yen. Thats the same price as a Super 1J. So far only news of the GBP by itself but no confirmation. Toy-Wave is already taking preorders for the GBP armor. If a bundle does come out a lot of ppl will be happy.

Edited by Valk-1S

Looking at the 1/60 GBP armor prices, it could be possible the price to be 19800.

1/60 GBP Armor only 3900 Yen

1/60 GBP with 1J 9800 Yen

1/60 Valk 7800 Yen

Difference when you buy the bundle and seperate 1900 Yen. Saving as a percentage to total seperate cost is 16%

For 1/48

1/48 GBP Armor only 8000 Yen

1/48 GBP Armor and 1J 19800 Yen

1/48 Valk 14800 Yen

Difference when you buy bundle and seperate 3000 Yen. Saving as a percentage to total seperate cost is 13%

So the 19800 could be possible after all :) Just have to wait and see.

Edited by Valk-1S

I hope for the reissue of a plain VF-1J Hikaru too. :( I need another 20 for the VF-1D, VT and VE project. :(:unsure: I hope that is the case. Then my collection is finally finished!

Edited by kensei

Well, there is nowhere to go after the conversion kits are released.

1/48s Macross Zero and Plus Valks :D

For VF-1s I mean.

But don't freak out my wallet any more mate. :lol:

Well, there is nowhere to go after the conversion kits are released.

1/48s Macross Zero and Plus Valks :D

For VF-1s I mean.

But don't freak out my wallet any more mate. :lol:

I know what will really freak out your wallet. A 1/48 SDF :lol: