1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

yup

414376[/snapback]

I just looked at the patterns for that part and i did not even realize that there was a difference in the thickness of that part on the patterns, I made 4 low shrink patterns for that part (so i could make a mold with 4 cannons in it). when i did that i was unhappy with that ring so i wrapped a thin strip of styrene around it, it looks like on one of them i must have grabbed the wrong strip, you most likely ended up with 2 because all the parts wind up in a box that i grab from for shipping parts.

Looking at the cast parts is seems to be a very small difference (let me know if i am wrong), so i would say that you can either add a very thin strip of styrene to the smaller ones, pick a combo like you were talking about above, or give the bigger ones a quick sand to bring them down to match the other 2.

Sorry, it was not an intentional design thing...i guess it's one for the whoops column....

mike

Nah its quite alright. Just thought id ask to be sure you didnt design the area where they mount with a slight curve to it so they would require different thickness. Ill sand the extra off the thicker ones. Thanks.

One thing if you are getting ahead of the instructions is to look out for the forward part of the arm cannon, the one with the 3 big holes...there are 2 parts, the flat one will need a little dremel work where the holes are, i mated them up, marked where i wanted to dremel, dremeled out the flat part, painted the inside black, then glued together and puttied...it will be clearer in the instructions but just wanted to give you a heads up...

mike

I did something similar. But once i put the piece together i could still see the rough nature of the inside. Instead i took a little artistic license and made some debris covers like you would find on modern day missile systems, similar to the way the Patriot missile system is.

OK, I'm back in town Mike, so let me know when my slot on the list comes up, and I'll wire you some cash for of these babies :)

Brad

Hey Mike.  Just wondering how the instructions were going.  Thanks

416497[/snapback]

I'm just about half way there, i expect to be done with them on monday and i will post it all up in the How to build forum....

I am really excited about the kit, any idea how many out have knocked out so far?  Just so I can guage how long it will be before my number comes up :)  The build up pictures have me chomping at the bit!

416675[/snapback]

Looks like flash will be the next to be contacted for payment, all kits with the exception of 2 (that just paid) have shipped, i have parts for both of the outsanding kits so those should be finished up and shipped by Wed. Once the instructions are done i will be back to full steam ahead. I will be done with my kit build (for the instructions) tomorrow and then will begin posting the pics that i have been taking in a new thread with a narative throughout the week.

Keep in mind that not everyone on the list still wants a kit, i've only had a couple either drop, or need to wait until later, but you may get moved up in the que faster than the actual amount of people infront of you....

thanks

mike

Keep in mind that not everyone on the list still wants a kit

Good ... as long as you're aware that I still do :D

Although .... I wont even be able to start "thinking" about working on it till late August due to some WWII modelling committments (yes, I know, there's a very special kind of hell reserved for me ...) ... I don't know what your release schedule looks like, Mike, but if you want to push me down the list a "bit" so that somebody who's frothing at the mouth can start on it next month already, feel free.

Keep in mind that not everyone on the list still wants a kit

Good ... as long as you're aware that I still do :D

Although .... I wont even be able to start "thinking" about working on it till late August due to some WWII modelling committments (yes, I know, there's a very special kind of hell reserved for me ...) ... I don't know what your release schedule looks like, Mike, but if you want to push me down the list a "bit" so that somebody who's frothing at the mouth can start on it next month already, feel free.

416950[/snapback]

Once i get to your name on the list i will PM you the info, once you get that you can pay for your kit anytime after that up to the end of the run, so once i get you the final price with shipping, you can just pay when you are ready.

Also, I finshed up my build and paint up last night for the instructions, i will be positing the instructions all this week as i finish up the narative. I will post some pics of the finished up kit later today, i may start a new thread for the completed pic.

thanks

mike

Also,  I finshed up my build and paint up last night for the instructions, i will be positing the instructions all this week as i finish up the narative. I will post some pics of the finished up kit later today, i may start a new thread for the completed pic.

thanks

mike

417097[/snapback]

A new thread would be nicer than adding it on to this FS thread.

Great job, Mike! B))

i would like to place an order for the 1/72 monster kit. the kit is fantastic and i am glad i didnt get the yamato or other monster kits. this is probably the best one of all. kyatsu

waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting....*sigh*

417554[/snapback]

Looks like you will be in the next group of 5, the person infront of you has not posted in over a year, i will still send him a note, but i would be suprised if he was still around MW.

mike

Robb, you're gonna love this one.  I just got mine, and it's got my super jazzed.  I may even drop everything and start building it this weekend (once chores are done)

417869[/snapback]

oh manoman

Has Neil seen this? He'll pop a cork I'm sure.

waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting....*sigh*

417554[/snapback]

Looks like you will be in the next group of 5, the person infront of you has not posted in over a year, i will still send him a note, but i would be suprised if he was still around MW.

mike

417824[/snapback]

Hey !

I'm the one just before Kylwell. Are you talking about me ??? <_<

I'm still here, waiting for a long to receive this beautiful kit :blink:

(That's true I don't post a lot on the forum ! :ph34r: )

If you are really talking about me... So I am on the next group !!!! GREAT ! :lol:

Note that I am twice on the list, I told that it was a mistake but...

Hey !

I'm the one just before Kylwell. Are you talking about me ??? <_<

I'm still here, waiting for a long to receive this beautiful kit :blink:

(That's true I don't post a lot on the forum ! :ph34r: )

If you are really talking about me... So I am on the next group !!!! GREAT ! :lol:

Note that I am twice on the list, I told that it was a mistake but...

418011[/snapback]

No, the the sdwfx2000, i will be PM'g you this weekend with the info....you are in the next batch for sure

thanks

mike