Other Anime or Science Fiction name change

The public is fickle my friend and the only thing that matters to the majority of the population is what's big "NOW". I always like to put it in perspective of female opinion, since most of the girls I date always seem to have a greater grasp of trends than myself. They tell me The Matrix and Lord of the Rings were cool.

Any female who tells you that The Matrix is "cool" needs to be dumped immediately. Chances are she is either 15, or has an IQ under 80. Or both.

The public is fickle my friend and the only thing that matters to the majority of the population is what's big "NOW".  I always like to put it in perspective of female opinion, since most of the girls I date always seem to have a greater grasp of trends than myself.  They tell me The Matrix and Lord of the Rings were cool.

Any female who tells you that The Matrix is "cool" needs to be dumped immediately. Chances are she is either 15, or has an IQ under 80. Or both.

... Or she is some goth chick and likes any movie that uses almost no light, regardless of true quality of the story.

Every time I see a reaction to Duke Togo I am reminded of one of my favorite moments in TV history: The Playa Hater's Ball

Did you see the "outtakes" episode of Chappelle where he showed "Playa Haters Travel Through Time?"

That was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Mostly because of Charlie Murphy and how they pointed out his "preparation" for the scene.

Why it didn't make the "cut" for a regular episode, I have no idea. But according to Chappelle, it just didn't "make sense". . . which in my view made it funnier.

H

Edited by Hurin

The public is fickle my friend and the only thing that matters to the majority of the population is what's big "NOW".  I always like to put it in perspective of female opinion, since most of the girls I date always seem to have a greater grasp of trends than myself.  They tell me The Matrix and Lord of the Rings were cool.

... Or she is some goth chick and likes any movie that uses almost no light, regardless of true quality of the story.

Well... I see the men are handling this quite nicely. The Matrix is so passe it's not even funny. (I like dit but no it's not exactly "popular" thanks to Revolutions)

You guys all crack me up.

Edited by Jemstone

I agree.

I nominate Duke Togo for relationship advisor to Macross World ;)

I agree.

I nominate Duke Togo for relationship advisor to Macross World ;)

Don't ever get engaged to a girl in college.

Last one was 29, her IQ was 145 and her name is Elaine...

*please tell me someone will get this reference*

:)

Well... I see the men are handling this quite nicely. The Matrix is so passe it's not even funny. (I like dit but no it's not exactly "popular" thanks to Revolutions)

You guys all crack me up.

Wow, now the quote "old fossil" is really given new meaning with your trend timeline Jemstone. Now that's comedy :)

I was thinking, 'From Akira to Zeta (Gundam)'... :)

Truth to be told, what's wrong with the current forum title? The topics inside there are pretty diverse and the forum title reflects that. I don't really see a real reason for the change.

Because then you have Akira (anime) and Zeta (anime), with nothing to show that the forum also includes Western Sci Fi, which is why I chose Zardoz to represent 'Z', as it is a Western Sci Fi movie, albeit a somewhat obscure one :D .

Point. :) You had to scrap the bottom of the barrel to find that one, didn't you? :)

Actually someone else suggested a good name indirectly... The Kitchen Sink.

:D:lol::D

Though that's probably not the greatest title either, since it'll be interpreted as Off-Topic...