BGC Figures

they look great so far, the little display stand with the waist holder reminds me of some of the Bandai Soul of Chogokin figures like the Mazinger girls, so i can picture them to be about the same size as those about 6 to 7 inches but i could be wrong

Did they change the design of the suits they are releasing, or are they releasing multiple designs of each suit?

here's a pic of a slightly different version of the blue suit...

Someone mentioned that there was one by Yamato and another by Artelier Sai. This one might be the AS one.

these look shiny enough to be die cast metal! That would be awesome if they were like the SOC line!

Yamato makes crappy figures. Remember my Appleseed? I'm wondering if the Scopedog fig will be good, not that I'm getting it.

The joints on those BGC figs look loose.

BTW, it looks like Yamato is doing the classic BGC and AS is doing the more recent ones.

Is it confirmed that AS will be doing BGC figures? Aren't they suppose to be bigger or something than the Yamato. Judging from the pictures, I doubt the Yamato figures are completely diecast. They look more like painted plastic. I think we can trust Yamato to come out with good BGC figures since they don't transform and don't have any small moving parts. It looks like one of the signs says "Available in Winter" which would suck, but we've waited this long. ;)

Here is what I know so far;

Yamato BGC figs 630yen, slightly larger than female Takara Micromen figures, but smaller than CMS. To be sold sometime later this year, but as this is a Yamato project dont be surprised if it turns out to be next year... or later <_<

Atelier Sai BGC figs 6090yen, roughly same scale as Maxfactory Guyver figs, which means a bit smaller. Also to be sold later this year. Atelier Sai is very eager to make variable Motoslaves, but does not have financial backing for that yet. He does have a non-variable Mega Motoslave prototype that he did on his own time, but no release plans yet.

Yamato BGC figs 630yen, slightly larger than female Takara Micromen figures, but smaller than CMS. To be sold sometime later this year, but as this is a Yamato project dont be surprised if it turns out to be next year... or later <_<

Atelier Sai BGC figs 6090yen, roughly same scale as Maxfactory Guyver figs, which means a bit smaller. Also to be sold later this year. Atelier Sai is very eager to make variable Motoslaves, but does not have financial backing for that yet. He does have a non-variable Mega Motoslave prototype that he did on his own time, but no release plans yet.

Really? Only 630 yen? That's around how much US... six bucks? I don't mind shelling out the sixty for the AS figures if they are big and well articulated. Maybe I will get both. Heck, for six bucks it is hard to go wrong.

If the AS BGC figure is a little smaller than the 10 inch Guyver figures, that Motoslave is going to be pretty big. However, I guess the Konig Monster and 1/48 were pretty big too so let's see if it will happen.

Dude, I want the Moto-slave as much as you do, but I need some figs for it too. :rolleyes:

In either case it's still too early to tell about both figs, in regards to quality and true size. But I'll be keeping a close eye in how they both devolop. B))

• 5 weeks later...

Those are very nice pictures. Yamato could be mass producing the larger Ateler Sai figures, it's hard to tell <_< The same place card (with the Yamato logo) was used with the gashapon sized figures as well. Anyway, the Ateler Sai figures have a release date of July 2005 :D

Edited by halfan

Those are very nice pictures. Yamato could be mass producing the larger Ateler Sai figures, it's hard to tell <_< The same place card (with the Yamato logo) was used with the gashapon sized figures as well. Anyway, the Ateler Sai figures have a release date of July 2005 :D

I could just make out in that picture at the bottom of the card, that it states July 2005. :o

Artelier Sai or Yamato....this one's in my pocket. ;)

Seeing as there is the Yamato Zeoraimer and it looks that both are on the same table, I would think that this is the Yamato, but this is all speculation.

that's the same thing I thought. YLM and i put up lineart in some other thread. Maybe I'll search later.

Hot babe, but pricy.

This is an interesting development. This IS the larger Atelier Sai hardsuit action figure. The sculptor info is listed right above the price.

Instead of releasing the figure himself it looks like Yamato will be doing it for him. Based on their current policies, I think its safe to assume that there will be no motoslaves unless the action figures sell well.

I think its a good move on Yamatos part. They have a low cost point trading figure to get people addicted, and then offer a high priced upgrade. :D