Nightbat

Well, some of you may have seen the 1/5.5 DOA Kasumi that was released

by Max Factory:

Kasumi #1

This thing sold like hotcakes, so it was gone before I could make a decision

Now it's being reissued in may

but looking through HLJ's DOA inventory, I suddenly saw this one added:

Kasumi #2

Allbeit in 1/6 scale and a "C2 Ver." added to it,... but what is the difference???

I checked Max Factory's website to find 2 release-dated Kasumi's seemingly both

in the same pose

(I can click pics,... but my japanese is somewhat nonexistant)

anybody able to explain these 2 releases?

Edited by Nightbat®

i like the original color better, but i wish it could be done in the skimpier version, Was this just released by Max factory???? :huh: i have seen this resin kit recast for years now, whats up with that???

the pics shown look identical to the professionally built up resin ones i have seen, though Max Factory has always been good in my book with paintjobs so i look forward to seeing this. as for baseing it on the resin kit, maybe they did. i have seen a officially released FF X Yuna PVC that is identical to a resin kit that has been around for quite some time as well. so it is very possible.

chris

Mentioning this because DOA/Kasumi fans are likely also NG/Ayane fans, there's a statue of Ayane in her NG outfit:

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYSV-04

Diamond is going to import it to the US in April, should be $40. There's also a matching very cool Ryu. http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYSV-03

Kasumi always gets more/better figs than Ayane, this is the first Ayane where the face doesn't suck. There's many Ayane figs, but I still don't own any because none have a face that looks like hers at all. (Ayane is WAY high up on my list of game/anime characters--I like purple hair) Now I'll finally be able to have an Ayane. :)

Edited by David Hingtgen