Possible Upcoming Hase Macross Kits!

Valk009

Just made a new friend last night who has close connections with Hobby Japan (Japan and Hong Kong) and he told me that Hasegawa are very highly releaseing the VF-11 as early as this summer :D He builds models and sometimes writes articles for them, so sources are pretty good!

Hasegawa has obtained the full license from Big West to do all the Valks, so with any luck more kits should be on its way :rolleyes: However the license does not include the rights to make any of the Destroids or the bad guys stuff; they are not even allowed to make a VF-1 with GBP-1S kit :(

So, some good news for us knowing that not all big toy companies have abandoned Macross :)

Andy :)

i would love a VF-11 kit, i am keeping my fingers crossed, now only if someone would make a VF-2SS from Macross II i would be all set.

chris

Very Cool! Hope your friend is right.

So...lets think....no destroids or enemy mecha..no VF1...

Possible kits

VF11B (fighter and or Battroid)

VF11C (fighter and or Battroid)

VF11 with FP's (fighter and or Battroid)

19 Fire and Blazer Valkyrie

VF17

VF19 FP's

YF19FP

VF11MaxL

VF4

VF2J

VF2SS

Metal Siren

What else...

News on upcoming kits should be either in the upcoming or next issue of Hobby Japan (Japanese edition; Hong Kong edition is not allowed to post it).

There is also some bad news for Gundam Seed fans as the PG Seed Gundam is doing very terrible in Japan, BanDai has postponed all custom parts for it until further notice. This does not really bother me but I know some members here will be deeply dissapointed!

the Aile pack seems to be the only thing coming out for the PG Strike it is coming out in May, i cannot believe it is doing bad of all the PG kits it is the nicest. i would know i own all of them.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Very Cool! Hope your friend is right.

So...lets think....no destroids or enemy mecha..no VF1...

Possible kits

VF11B (fighter and or Battroid)

VF11C (fighter and or Battroid)

VF11 with FP's (fighter and or Battroid)

19 Fire and Blazer Valkyrie

VF17

VF19 FP's

YF19FP

VF11MaxL

VF4

VF2J

VF2SS

Metal Siren

What else...

VF-5000

VA-3

probably a few more others...

Hopefully theyll make more battroid kits! :D

My friend is setting up a forum on latest model kits in Japan; there are some bugs still but once up and running things should be made more clear. The downside is it will most likely be in Chinese (which I cannot even read) :( , will need people to translate!

He is even opening a shop selling kits and taking commission orders!

Edited by Valk009

the Aile pack seems to be the only thing coming out for the PG Strike it is coming out in May, i cannot believe it is doing bad of all the PG kits it is the nicest. i would know i own all of them.

chris

i think it's the fact that you have to buy seperate packs for it later on which turned a lot of people off to the PG Strike...i mean, that's one of the biggest thign that turned me off to it

News on upcoming kits should be either in the upcoming or next issue of Hobby Japan (Japanese edition; Hong Kong edition is not allowed to post it).

Andy,

Do you mean Dengeki Hobby magazine or Hobby Japan magazine? the reason I ask is that Hobby Japan does not have a HK edition, whereas Dengeki Hobby does.

Oh and FYI the April Japanese editions of both mags should be out in HK either today or tomorrow.

Anyway, great news about the Hasegawa VF-11. I hope your new friend is not yanking your chain :lol: . If it's true I hope they will release versions with both the Macross Plus (VF-11B) and Macross 7 (VF-11C) type FAST Packs (different shape thrusters and different number of micro-missile launchers before anybody asks).

Oh, and can you try to ask your friend if anymore Battroid kits are planned from Hasegawa, specifically YF-19, VF-0S & SV-51? I'm sure a YF-19 Battroid kit would sell well.

Lastly, what sort of commission will your friend be charging for build a Hasegawa?

Graham

Do you mean Dengeki Hobby magazine or Hobby Japan magazine? the reason I ask is that Hobby Japan does not have a HK edition, whereas Dengeki Hobby does.

Our conversation was in Chinese but the magazine does have a Hong Kong edition, so it could be Dengeki Hoobby, which come to think about it sound very similar ;)

Oh, and can you try to ask your friend if anymore Battroid kits are planned from Hasegawa, specifically YF-19, VF-0S & SV-51? I'm sure a YF-19 Battroid kit would sell well.

Hase does have the full license to do all valks in fighter mode, not sure though about in battroid mode? He was however certain that they do not have the license to do the GBP-1S and any of the Zentradi's stuff!

Graham, once his shop opens in Monk Kwok I can introduce you to him. His commission work is not bad either (he won a few competitions), reasonably priced around HK$800 and quick turnover time! He just finished the VF-0D yesterday after three days and looks up to scratch! Ray charges the same kit for HK$3500, okay even my friend admits ray is better but not for that price!

Graham, once his shop opens in Monk Kwok I can introduce you to him. His commission work is not bad either (he won a few competitions), reasonably priced around HK$800 and quick turnover time! He just finished the VF-0D yesterday after three days and looks up to scratch! Ray charges the same kit for HK$3500, okay even my friend admits ray is better but not for that price!

Sounds quite reasonable and close to what my guy in Tai Po charges. OK, once your friend opens his shop please let me know as, I have a Hasegawa YF-19 that I want building in 'wheels up - flying' configuration.

Oh, and if your guy can get word to Hasegawa, please let him know that Macross fans would really like an artbook of Tenjin's Hasegawa Macross covers.

Graham

wohoo. finally some good news, lets hope hasegawa gives us more kits.

i specially hope the 11 comes out along battroids for the other models, sadly i don't have my 19 battroid with me anymore, i fell once again and this time beyond repair :( , so i hope they do at least a battroid for the 19.

Graham, once his shop opens in Monk Kwok I can introduce you to him. His commission work is not bad either (he won a few competitions), reasonably priced around HK$800 and quick turnover time! He just finished the VF-0D yesterday after three days and looks up to scratch!

Andy,

Can you post pics of your VF-0D?

Also, do you know roughly when he will be opening his shop?

Graham

Graham

Not my VF-0D, but he just so happend to be working final touches on it while I visited him! He says the VF-0D is pretty easy and straight forward; the only difficult part being the underbelly where the blue and white sort of slowly fades in together ;) , not to mention very little available artwork on it!

Shop should be opened soon hopefully, he still needs to look for a decent spot, was thinking of the shopping centre on Argyle Street (right next to the McDonalds)! His workshop is also in Monk Kwok and he is there most of the weekdays after 7:00pm (modelling is his hobby and part time job).

Capt.

Yeah, go ahead with the GBP-1S, now that is cool. Just think of making a pose of it while the armour pieces gets jettisoned :rolleyes:

Shop should be opened soon hopefully, he still needs to look for a decent spot, was thinking of the shopping centre on Argyle Street (right next to the McDonalds)! His workshop is also in Monk Kwok and he is there most of the weekdays after 7:00pm (modelling is his hobby and part time job).

You mean the '111 Richmond Centre'. Good shopping centre that, lots of cool shops there.

Definitely interested in going to see him as soon as possible. I want to get my YF-19 built ASAP.

Graham

You mean the '111 Richmond Centre'. Good shopping centre that, lots of cool shops there.

It's the shopping centre where there is a shop on the second floor only selling original resin kits! The resin shop owner is also a legend, he used to build most of the kits for BanDai for photo shots in the ;80s and '90s. I tried to beg him to build me a kit but he does not build anymore :(

Graham, if you want perhaps we can meet up next week to go to my friends work shop as I have two small kits, which I want him to build too :p

I will give him a call tonight and see!

If Hasegawa do make a VF-11 Fighter mode kit, how many times could they milk the molds with variants?

Let's list the possibilities: -

1) VF-11B (Mac Plus).

2) VF-11B with FAST Packs (Mac Plus).

3) VF-11B with Atmospheric Boosters (Mac Plus)

4) VF-11C (Mac 7).

5) VF-11C with FAST Packs (Mac 7).

6) VF-11C with FAST Packs & Radome (Mac 7).

7) VF-11C with Atmospheric FAST Packs (Mac 7 - Operation Stargazer).

8) VF-11D Jamming Birds (Mac 7).

9) VF-11B Ravens (VF-X2).

Of course, I doubt they would really do that many and some of the above variants could be combined in a single kit, like Nos. 5 & 6 for example.

Graham

It's the shopping centre where there is a shop on the second floor only selling original resin kits! The resin shop owner is also a legend, he used to build most of the kits for BanDai for photo shots in the ;80s and '90s. I tried to beg him to build me a kit but he does not build anymore :(

Graham, if you want perhaps we can meet up next week to go to my friends work shop as I have two small kits, which I want him to build too :p

I will give him a call tonight and see!

OK, next week sounds like a good idea. Let me know which day is good for you. I should have some time on either Mon, Tue, Wed or Thur evening.

I know that garage kit shop, I've bought a couple of kits from there in the past.

Graham

Actually, if they do it like their "max number of variants" kits of the late 80's/early 90's, they could do EVERY variant. You should see what their F-4 kits are like. The number of molds and parts is insane to accomodate the ability to build any variant (except RR-powered ones, only Fuji did those).

It's all a question of how well some variants would sell. But they most certainly have the ability and experience to make every single variant if they decide to. They just have to decide before the first one's made, not later. It'll be really obvious once the first one's out which other variants are planned.

its kind of hard for me to be happy. Since I am into the TV serious Macross only. I just dont see why its hard to obtain Rights to make destroids and Enemy Craft. To me why make only 1/10 of something. Bigwest must want some big royalites. To bad we may never see any of them.

Ranger565

Hey Valk,

Could you post some pics of your friend's work? And is you friend's shop gonna have a website to order from?

I will try and take some pics of the VF-0D, also Graham might be visiting my friend's workshop, so he can also give some feedback on his quality!

I know he is setting up a forum (I suspect in Chinese though) and modelling is only his hobby, so not sure if he will be taking up overseas order! Btw, The6ftTallAZN, your work on the VF-19A is fantastic, no need get models built...build them yourself :p