NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

I'm so happy. For me is one of those rare moments in life when panic does pay off. That blue is great, the heaviness of the toy is also good news. Hell, the production toy even looks sleeker than the proto version. I think I'm gonna get the whole line. Plus, if the toy solds well (and now I have the strong feeling that it will), we'll have the Beta also.

Suddenly those 80 bucks don't hurt that much. :)

How does the nosecone flip up and backwards without a big ugly hinge visible on the fusulage in Fighter mode?

Actually if I remember well from the IMAI I own, you don't have to flip the nosecone up and backwards, only up. Then you flip the intakes 45 degrees forward and voilĂ ! So you don'r need to have a huge ugly hinge to make it perfect variable, only a small and easy to conceal one. Cool, huh? ;)

Cool, huh? ;)

Well, it *would* be if I had any inkling as to what you were trying to describe :)

I must admit, this toy will solve a lot of the problems I have with understanding the Alpha transformation sequence, especially with those wings. I have no idea how the wings go from their position in Guardian mode to folded up on the back in Battloid mode.

Oh, well. I guess this means I have to buy a few dozen and find out for myself, eh? :p

This was taken from the model kit, but I bet the transformation sequence of the toy is about the same.

If you look closely at steps 9 and 10 you'll see what I'm taking about. First the nosecone flips up, then the torso.

Funy thing is I've never noticed that this version has an extra misile launcher behind the cockpit and the gun pod is stored between the arms instead of beneath the wings as featured in the toy, hmmm <_<

I saw the other pics and they're pretty much the same as the ones I took. Here 2 though that might be of interest.

The first one shows how HUGE the feet are in guardian config.

post-25-1089099080.jpg

post-25-1089099541.jpg

and also how it looks like the chest part folds up so it doesn't drag while parked in fighter config... maybe it doesn't fold up but it looks like there's enough clearing... :huh:

post-25-1089099280.jpg

This was taken from the model kit, but I bet the transformation sequence of the toy is about the same.

If you look closely at steps 9 and 10 you'll see what I'm taking about. First the nosecone flips up, then the torso.

Funy thing is I've never noticed that this version has an extra misile launcher behind the cockpit and the gun pod is stored between the arms instead of beneath the wings as featured in the toy, hmmm <_<

It looks like the nose doesn't fold down until step 11.

Wow! I'm beginning to be glad I have this thing on pre-order; this toy, dispite it's puny dimensions, appears to be very well thought out and replete with detail, and the color choice looks excellent from the pictures. My only two nitpiks are the chest hanging so low in armo-fighter mode (maybe an inheritance from the IMAI kit) as it appears that it will come very close to dragging the ground, and the huge feet that could be due to the design team trying to achieve an anime "accurate" look in armo-soldier mode. Having the toy in hand will answer any questions about the first issue, but the "clown feet" issue is one that we'll just have to learn to deal with...until someone decides to create a retrofit resin kit for those who are bothered by it.

Edited by mechaninac

I have to say, the toy looks surprisingly good thus far. The color, the molding all look nice.

I'm not a die-hard activist for sturdiness, since collector toys should emphasize detail and poseability over sturdiness anyway. I'm still going to wait for a fellow MW member to review it, but overall, it looks like Toynami have done their homework.

I'm still waiting also. Though I got to handle it a little, it wasn't enough for me to truly know if the toy was as great as it looks. Unfortunately I'm a stickler for sturdiness, I believe it has a lot to do with poseability and diplayability. If it doesn't hold up, it just wont look that good in any mode. But so far I haven't ran across anything bad with the toy. I do know that the ship date of the merchandise coming from China is the 12th. And they pretty much said there won't be a vendor in San Diego that would have it. Though they all want some.

I saw the other pics and they're pretty much the same as the ones I took. Here 2 though that might be of interest.

The first one shows how HUGE the feet are in guardian config.

post-25-1089099080.jpg

post-25-1089099541.jpg

and also how it looks like the chest part folds up so it doesn't drag while parked in fighter config... maybe it doesn't fold up but it looks like there's enough clearing... :huh:

post-25-1089099280.jpg

LOL!

They forgot to put the sensor out in Armo Diver mode.

:lol:

Another thing... Toynami head, who shall remain nameless...:p... let it slip that there's going to be a "variant" after a certain number. I'm not totally sold on this. It could be just a ploy to start a rumor to sell multiple copies (yes... I am a paranoid). I say the best way to make people but multiple is to make a great product. My 1:48 vs. my 1:60 collection can attest to that. I just found it funny that he would let a couple of us hear a hush hush conversation.

It looks great. I just will wait to get the best deal on one. Maybe $80.00 with shipping included....

I do believe that is the deal over at VE. $79.99 to be exact. Here is the note when you go to place the preorder:

(Includes FREE U.S. Ground Shipping!!! International customers receive a discounted shipping rate)

I hope that 7/12 shipping date is accurate, I grow more anxious by the day to get my paws on this thing.

The MPC's look almost identical to the super poseables. I'd say that they even used most of the super poseables sculpt to lower the costs, if this is possible.

To bad about the dragging chest plate. The feet don't bother me at all.

The chest plate does NOT drg as far as I can see, There's a gap between the glass and the plate, if you can see it between the reflection.

The 12th is the departure for the shipment to leave china to toynami. Not Toynami to the distributors/customers. So I'm saying there WILL BE a longer wait.

Sorry Eriku. Hopefully I'm wrong. But that's straight from the horse's mouth.

Sorry Eriku. Hopefully I'm wrong. But that's straight from the horse's mouth.

Yup, I can vouch for that fact. I was there while that nameless person was explaining the variant thing to us. If the variant thing is about the paint, then I can care less. I hope it has nothing to do with the sculpt or any additional accessories. <_<:p:D:lol:

Alright, first picture showing the back end of the toy in fighter mode. Not to carp too much on Toynami's MPC Alpha (both the 1/35 Gakken Legioss and, to a greater extent, Imai's 1/48 kit are guilty of this too) but those legs and feet stick out like sore thumbs in fighter mode.

Edited by mechaninac

hmmm....the least they could have done was take a final production picture for the box, look at that blue canopy!

variant???

hmmm, after #3000, we started wearing gloves, no more fingerprints!

Edited by Chowser

actually the MPC legioss looks really nice it is a shame it is so small, but i am used to spending decent money on small items (soul of Chogokin) does anyone know if there is any diecast metal on it ? also if they are planning on releasing the Tread (or is it called a Beta?) for it as well?

thanks

Chris

Edited by zeo-mare

i am glad to hear that there is some weight to it $80.00 for a all plastic toy would be very disapointing.

Alright, first picture showing the back end of the toy in fighter mode.  Not to carp too much on Toynami's MPC Alpha (both the 1/35 Gakken Legioss and, to a greater extent, Imai's 1/48 kit are guilty of this too) but those legs and feet stick out like sore thumbs in fighter mode.

alphafiprofile.jpgDSC02142.JPG

yes there is some diecast metal on it, where? I don't know. Exo was the only one to handle the toy, I just held it to see how heavy it was. And from the mouths of toynami people, they said if the alphas sell really well, they will definitly make at tread. So go and buy these bad boys up! :p:D:lol:

looks nice but i'll wait to get it on sale/clearance at gamestop. sorry but i can't willing give my moeny to toynami! :lol: if this was a yammie quality product then...... ;)

thanks for the box shot bobe! :)

*added*

i haven't really been following this thread but after seeing some of the pics throughout the thread, its looks pretty rocking! though i'll still wait to pick it on sale, i just don't know how long i can wait. :D

anyone know when this is supposed to hit gamestop? :unsure:

Edited by haterist