NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

Then you'll probably be pleased with the knowledge that the MPC Cyclones are coming after the MPC Alphas.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest George Sohn's crotch for not having the goddamned decency to at least TRY and produce a Super Poseable Hovertank or Ajax.

Amen to that. I've recently taken a shine to Southern Cross again, and I'd LOVE some VHTs and Ajax toys in Superposable form. Same with the Bioroids.

But what'd I really love to see are the various armours for all the 15 armies of the Southern Cross. In super-posable scale, those would rock. Since they have faceplates, there's no need for "lifelike" faces on them, which would make construction and painting easier.

CYc can you ask tommy yune if it is at ALL POSSIBLE for them to lower the MSRP? I trust they KNOW this is the sole thuing many fnas have been bitching about...sems many more want this thing over the previous MPCs. I know i do.

Who wants to takes bets on "We're not Toynami, we don't have any say on how much they sell their products for" response?

Cyc

LOL. to be honest that would mean a REPAINT of the cycle already STORED in the fueselage of the MPc alpha!

aside from the already expected msrp of 80$(its toynami who are we kidding)

The main selling point to me is the robot mode on the ride armors so if the MPC versions suck., and tank out with a big ass msrp,, I think ill just get some SPs. less money and after all its best mode to me is robot, so it wouldnt matter id get what i wanted for cheap.

Far too early for any signifcant MPC Cyclone info.

But using the MPC Alpha's as an example, I'm guessing the transformable 1/12 Imai kit will form the basis of any MPC Cyclone, with those all important price justifying diecast joints for added strength...

Cyc

I would like to see a lower price too, based on the size of this scale, but to play devil's advocate here, it's much more articulated than the old MPCs. I don't see how HG would have control of the set prices of another independent company. Just doesn't happen, but I know Tommy does know about many of the gripes with the prices. I was lead to believe that a Beta would be next in line to the Alpha, especially with certain fittings that are on the Alpha.

Cyc, any word on that?

I don't see how HG would have control of the set prices of another independent company.

Because it's not an independent company when it comes to Robotech stuff. HG can ask for whatever they want in exchange for giving Toynami the license. IIRC, HG had Toynami make HG-exclusive versions of certain toys.

HG may demand that Toynami impose a certain retail price on retailers so that HG's online store won't be undercut by other stores.

Nah, Tommy seems much more open to answering questions like that than Steve in the chat room. As long as you ask the right questions and don't push.

At any rate, newest response seem to indicate that Toynami are still pushing ahead with their pre "fans want MPC Beta" plan, MPC Alpha followed by MPC Cyclones.

Cyc

IIRC, HG had Toynami make HG-exclusive versions of certain toys.

And it probably works like the other Robotech Toynami retailer exclusives, where the retailer in question has to agree upfront to pay in full for a minimum number to justfiy "development" and production.

That's why smaller guys like VE and Twin Moons can't get exclusives, because I don't see them be able to buy 2,000 SP whatevers in one single hit...

Cyc

The main selling point to me is the robot mode on the ride armors so if the MPC versions suck., and tank out with a big ass msrp,, I think ill just get some SPs.  less money and after all its best mode to me is robot, so it wouldnt matter id get what i wanted for cheap.

That is a good plan. The SP version would be the way to go. Even with my Gakken Cyclone stays in ride armor mode.

That's why smaller guys like VE and Twin Moons can't get exclusives, because I don't see them be able to buy 2,000 SP whatevers in one single hit...

Yup and at the same time get stuck with them when they do not sell Well. I know YesAnime was giving the chrome morphers away when you won an MPC auction. If you are going to do a exclusive make it worth while and not just a repaint.

Edit:

I was just on Toynami's site and they had links for Robotech and a seperate one for Macross, interesting. The Macross one is not finished.

http://www.toynami.com/robotech.html

http://www.toynami.com/macross.html (can someone translate?)

Edited by Mechafan

My guess is this.

Some of the RT head honchos mentioned they will anbnounce some crap about macross at AX04 in the summer. A lot of people right now are wondering why they are making DYRL super suckables and selling macross plus from rt.com

Here is what I think,

Notice that on the macross section it has listing for MPC and i-men?

also notice on the robotech section the alpha is the only thing listed?

I think that this site for toynami is jsut new product listing and crap.

I ALSO think that DYRL I-men and MORE MPC VF-1s will come out..in DYRL colors and as evidenced byt eh miriya shown, some of the later MPCs.

I think we might see a DYRL hikaru MPC with fast packs giftset. I also think we will see the CVF-1A mold repainted 2x in DYRL colors and a grey fokker 1S repaint with strike armor. Or a strike cannon add on mail in or perhaps a new FAST pack set altogethere with strike cannon included.

I was wondering that too Shin. The picture for the Macross link looks like a Hikaru MPC with the light up eye one. It would be interesting to see if they do make DYRL MPC's. With all the Yamato DYRL stuff out now that would be a bad idea. I just hope the Mospeada items do not get short changed because now they want to push DYRL stuff. Maybe a limited 5,000 run like the VF-1R. A 15,000 run would be a waste because of the Yamato's they are out. I would rather they use that effort on MPC Hovertanks, Ajacks, and maybe a Logan. Give us something that does not have a flooded market and fans been waiting years for.

It looks more likea super poseable to me Look at the head its curved like the SP. I feel the DYRl might be limited as well and for them to compete with yamato...who are they kiding. I think they are just making this for the DYURL 20th av and maybe even releaseing a DYRL DVD pack in or something. mnaybe thats what they are announcing. They know yamato has not made a kakizaki MPC and if they make that..again who are they kidding since their previosu kakizaki did not eve move units. The only thing i see peolp buying is a fast pack set with strike cannon but a gifst set at full MSRP would be a disaster waiting to happen since it would hit discount bins mad fast.

Yup and at the same time get stuck with them when they do not sell Well. I know YesAnime was giving the chrome morphers away when you won an MPC auction. If you are going to do a exclusive make it worth while and not just a repaint.

*nods* and why Gamestop and AFX were more than happy when RT.com came along and wanted to buy up a large portion of their remaining metalic Alpha stock to do the all four deal.

And exclusives with actual changes cost money, where pretty much every Toynami RT exclusive to date has had little to no difference price wise when compared against the RRP of the normal versions. Just the added cost to the retailers has made them less likely to discount 'em until they're really desperate...

Cyc

I was just on Toynami's site and they had links for Robotech and a seperate one for Macross, interesting. The Macross one is not finished.

http://www.toynami.com/robotech.html

http://www.toynami.com/macross.html (can someone translate?)

Interesting stuff. The Robotech one also says 'under construction', by the way.

Re: translation--that's just fake Latin which is commonly used to fill up text areas when doing layout, so you can see what the layout will look like before the actual content is ready. (Sorry if you were joking...)

Re: translation--that's just fake Latin which is commonly used to fill up text areas when doing layout, so you can see what the layout will look like before the actual content is ready. (Sorry if you were joking...)

Nope not joking you taught me something new. Thanks.

If Toynami do release DYRL MPCs, I wonder whether they would take the time and expense to resculpt the arm FAST packs or not?

At the moment, the DYRL Super Poseables have TV type arm FAST packs, which is incorrect.

Graham

Now that we've pointed out the arm armor several times, I think Toynami will change it. Remember a few years ago when VF1X introduced us to his custom Super Posables with Fast Packs? I don't think it was a coincidence that 5 days later Toynami announced that they would be releasing SP's with Fast Packs. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I remember we were wondering if the missilles in betwwen the shoulder part of the Legioss was canon or if it was a thing that the Imai modellers made up. I saw some pages from a mospeada art book 2 weeks ago that had them drawn in. Also it had lineart for a Legioss with 2 guns under it's wings. (1 gun each)

bluealpha11.JPG

I bought #2 of that set and didn't notice any fantastic colour or picture changes, and am horribly upset at the changes they made to the sounds.

However, I'm interested to see if they keep those changes consistant from the First Generation to the Second and Third.

Any new news about the MPC release dates? Anything confirmed yet?

Last thing I read, I forget where, the first Alpha is supposed to come out late May or early to mid June. However, given Toynami's track record, I would bet on late June to early July.

Last thing I read, I forget where, the first Alpha is supposed to come out late May or early to mid June. However, given Toynami's track record, I would bet on late June to early July.

Actually, the original release date, I believe, was at the end of February... So this is already a pretty big push back.... Hopefully they will make good and release on this date...

This may have been said before, and I may be the one who said it, but I hope the delay was because they were making last minute tweaks to the design to accomodate a linkable BETA/TREAD! ;)

Actually, the original release date, I believe, was at the end of February... So this is already a pretty big push back.... Hopefully they will make good and release on this date...

This may have been said before, and I may be the one who said it, but I hope the delay was because they were making last minute tweaks to the design to accomodate a linkable BETA/TREAD! ;)

To play Devil's Advocate in this rare instance, this sounds kind of familiar. :unsure:

Um, let's see

Yamato's 1/60 GBP: Feb ------------------>May

even better: YF-19--------------------->?????

Delays are not really a surprise anymore from any toy company. As long as the final product is still sweet though, potentially better with the extra time, it's all good.

Can you believe those idiots actually posted this on their site, WILLINGLY! :blink:

I'd like to pummel that little girly man.

He wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight either with those things on his feet :lol: