MasterPiece Collection v1.1

Dangard Ace

I just got a greenie - a little b-day gift to myself. It's my first Toynami MP and it's pretty much what I expected. Quality is pretty bad but overall it's pretty decent. I do have one problem, though. In fighter mode, it seems like the legs do not slide in far enough. There is a huge gap in the arms between the shoulders and arms when everything is locked down. This is driving me crazy. Anyone have the same problem?

I just got a greenie - a little b-day gift to myself. It's my first Toynami MP and it's pretty much what I expected. Quality is pretty bad but overall it's pretty decent. I do have one problem, though. In fighter mode, it seems like the legs do not slide in far enough. There is a huge gap in the arms between the shoulders and arms when everything is locked down. This is driving me crazy. Anyone have the same problem?

Did you make sure the middle torso was collapsed all the way? It took me like 5 transformations before I finally figured out how to make it good in fighter again. Did you read the instructions carefully too? Because I didn't do that, and that's prolly why it took me soooo long. :lol:

Look at the crotch region. The legs should slide back over the two tabs coming down. If you haven't managed this you're not transforming it correctly. I don't know why but there are couple things that seem to help me manage this.

1) Make sure the kneecaps are back all the way forward. There are tiny little slots indicating where the full forward position is.

2) Open the feet up a little bit. If you bring the feet tight in the center it can screw up the clearance for the collapsing mechanism. Open them up and then collapse the legs. Then push them together slowly and if you feel the legs about to pull back out by moving the feet STOP.

i am selling mine becouse i am disapointed in them.

the green and the red one are ok but the blue one was poorly glued..

i can't get a new one from toynami becouse i don't live in the u.s.a.

so one of you can get a new one..

for 80 dollars or a good megatron,shockwave or omega supreme transformers.

all three are yours!!

i accept paypal

gilermorodriguez@hotmail.com

(+shippping and handeling)

I just got a greenie - a little b-day gift to myself.  It's my first Toynami MP and it's pretty much what I expected.  Quality is pretty bad but overall it's pretty decent.  I do have one problem, though.  In fighter mode, it seems like the legs do not slide in far enough.  There is a huge gap in the arms between the shoulders and arms when everything is locked down.  This is driving me crazy.  Anyone have the same problem?

Did you make sure the middle torso was collapsed all the way? It took me like 5 transformations before I finally figured out how to make it good in fighter again. Did you read the instructions carefully too? Because I didn't do that, and that's prolly why it took me soooo long. :lol:

Yeah, I think that's it. It still doesn't want to move but I will monkey with it. Thanks for the reply. The instructions are pretty poor IMO but at least it's in English. The Toynami is a bit more complex than I imagined.

I just got a greenie - a little b-day gift to myself.  It's my first Toynami MP and it's pretty much what I expected.  Quality is pretty bad but overall it's pretty decent.  I do have one problem, though.  In fighter mode, it seems like the legs do not slide in far enough.  There is a huge gap in the arms between the shoulders and arms when everything is locked down.  This is driving me crazy.  Anyone have the same problem?

Yeah, I think that's it. It still doesn't want to move but I will monkey with it. Thanks for the reply. The instructions are pretty poor IMO but at least it's in English. The Toynami is a bit more complex than I imagined.

Yeah, I had the same problem when I got my greenie. For some reason the greenie was really stubbern when it came to the middle torso and wouldn't go all way down. I have no tip on how to remedy and prevent the problem, but just be patient with it. It took me several tries before it finally collapsed. Maybe it needs to be broken in, but I doubt it. <_< Yea, the instructions are kind of poor, but just the pictures can really help sometimes.

WOW COOL PICS thnx for the link! :blink:

I love the imai though... it is more accurate except the flaps and the little wings

the imai scale is wrong however. sadly.

Is the IMAI sculping scale off or actually scale?

I noticed that the IMAI model and the MPC are the same size. Does that mean the MPC Alphas or 1/48 scale?

WOW COOL PICS thnx for the link! :blink:

I love the imai though... it is more accurate except the flaps and the little wings

the imai scale is wrong however. sadly.

Is the IMAI sculping scale off or actually scale?

I noticed that the IMAI model and the MPC are the same size. Does that mean the MPC Alphas or 1/48 scale?

the iamai is 1/55.

:p Just got my Rook :D

Transforming it was so painful :blink:

Your chest hatch is upside down :lol:

Also hows the quality on your Rook? I recently

bought one, but I sent it back because it was poorly

painted and assembled, and got a replacement.

Unfortunately I had to send my replacement back

because that one was worse than the first and they

were both numbered around 4000. :angry:

:p Just got my Rook :D

Transforming it was so painful :blink:

Your chest hatch is upside down :lol:

Also hows the quality on your Rook? I recently

bought one, but I sent it back because it was poorly

painted and assembled, and got a replacement.

Unfortunately I had to send my replacement back

because that one was worse than the first and they

were both numbered around 4000. :angry:

i like mine

I got the volume 1 (Scott) Alpha last Saturday, thanks AnimePunch, and I'm quite happy with it. A larger scale with longer landing gear would've been better, and ratcheting arms and legs would've helped the floppiness. <_< The only issue with mine is that one of the missle hatches on a forearm came off, no glue. It's a simple fix for my #01293. Will definately get Takatoys' Alpha stickers for this guy. B))

for that low of a serial number you're lucky that's the only problem it has. You also have the odd blue color vents on that bad boy... if these ever become insane collector's items I like to think that'd help the value. I couldn't agree more about the need for ratcheting arms. I'm afraid to transform these things more than a couple times (in fact, most of the ones I own have been transformed twice at the most) because I know it'd only be a matter of time before all the arms could do is dangle.

Your chest hatch is upside down 

Oops my bad! :p

Mine is 04600.

I was more worried of missing or broken parts.

That's why I transformed it first, to confirm everything is there and working.

Some of the parts are really tight. You really have to use a lot of force.

I had to unscrew some of the parts. :(

I also worn out some of the paint job, by passing too hard on the painted parts.

Resulting in some of the paint stick to my fingers. :blink:

well folks, i bit the bullet and picked up the 3 MPC alphas. :lol:

i tried to TF the sucker but no such luck. i can't seem to get the wings to pull out "gently" from the body or swing the legs out to batroid mode. am i missing something? or is it cause toynami caked on the paint and thats making it such a bitch? :unsure:

BTW, i should have my head examined for buying all 3 at once. i dunno what i was thinking. :blink:

Haterist, did you find some place selling 'em cheap?

I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly where the transforming issue is. From the sounds of it you might just be being a bit too gentle. Wiggle jiggle on the wings while you tug pretty firmly. The legs do need some good yanks but I'm not sure what you mean by "swinging them out."

yea the wings on the alpha are a bitch to pull out, only one on mine was like that. thanksfully the legs were easy though.

well folks, i bit the bullet and picked up the 3 MPC alphas. :lol:

i tried to TF the sucker but no such luck. i can't seem to get the wings to pull out "gently" from the body or swing the legs out to batroid mode. am i missing something? or is it cause toynami caked on the paint and thats making it such a bitch? :unsure:

BTW, i should have my head examined for buying all 3 at once. i dunno what i was thinking. :blink:

Try grabbing the wings at different areas, then give it a wiggle and pull. You don't want to pull it too hard because the holes that allow the wings to be pushed in and pulled out are drilled too close to the inner edge of the wing; which might snap if your not careful. I don't have a pic of this, but if you take it apart you will see what I'm talking about.

As for the legs you need to put a little force into it, but make sure you have a secure hold on the leg and thigh at the same time when extending it for battroid.

If it doesn't work, try increasing the amount of force of your pulling gradually.

Ive been wanting to say a few things about the alpha MPC for a while now. I got the Scott alpha for christmass, after collecting 3 of the VT MPC's i didn't expect much. I didn't like it at first. After i put the stickers on i began to warm up to the design a bit more. But like the Rick MPC, it suffered from loose joints and the inability to hold its gun up properly. But the little things a liked, such as the ability to peg the gun to the hand so it does'nt fall off. Over all iliked it, so i ordered the Rook MPC. It was a major step up. The joints were tighter, the legs did't colapse unwillingly, and of course it looked really cool with stickers. The only problem was that the left hand keeps falling off :( Even with this in mind i will be buying the Lancer alpha next week. I probobly won;t buy the Voltron MPC. With toynamis reputation i don't want them to ruin another vague childhood memory.

Nice job B)), but the lines look a little too thick on the nose cone.

I see you have trouble keeping the green alpha's head in place

in fighter mode, I have the same prob. <_< Everytime I get it in

place it pops back out. I wish Toynami made it fit better.

thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated. :)

i thought i had to be gentle with these(toynami infamous QC) but it seems you have to get buck with them if you want them to TF correctly. so far each of them TF fine(minus the blue) and all of them have enough chest clearance with ths landing gears down(if properly TF'ed).

heres my first impressions.....

the blue alpha sucks. the shoulder won't go down all the way in battroid and it won't sit flush in fighter mode....hopefully i'll be getting an exchange.

the red is good, it TF's nice(after a few transformations), a couple of paint smudges here and there and some minor QC issues but nothing major where its driving me nuts.

the green one is the best out of the 3 so far.

my biggest gripes.....

i don't like how the nose is pointed upward but i think its more of an optical illusion cause of the curvey paint job around the nose. :huh:

WTF is up with the piss poor head design? not so much the look but it doesn't even fit correctly. all of them have a slight tilt to them because of the crappy mold they used to make the neck piece. <_< other than thhese few things, they're alright.....

no, i didn't find them cheap(small discount ;) ) but i did get them all in one shot from one seller. i paid more than what they go for on ebay($60 or less) but then i'd have to worry about 3 people telling the truth and pay for shipping 3 times.

I recently got my Robotech Store order for Rook. :D

I was abit surprised to get the LE cell.

I thought there was only 3000 produced for each release.

Mine was no. 04667.

The QC of these MPC are hopeless. ;)

The centre torso between the two air intakes are slightly differently tones of white.

One side looks dirtier white, while the other side is a cleaner white. :angry:

And there seems to be stress marks already.

Nonetheless I'm planning to get the Shadow. :p

Edited by eming

I recently got my Robotech Store order for Rook. :D

I was abit surprised to get the LE cell.

I thought there was only 3000 produced for each release.

Mine was no. 04667.

RT.com doesn't get the first ones off boat or anything, Twin Moons and Valk Exchange for example often get into Toynami to pick up their stock sooner than RT.com.

Cyc

Oh!

So I guess RT.com have not managed to clear their initial 3000 Rooks with the LE cells yet. :lol:

Interesting. :D

I would have thought Rook was the more popular character. ;)

I just ordered a Scott from robotech.com about two weeks ago and it came with the cell. I don't think they've been selling a whole lot of the alphas through the website.