MasterPiece Collection v1.1

Dangard Ace

I went down to Clearwater last weekend, to visit friends, so I decided to pack up a TON of anime DVDs I didn't care about anymore and trade them back into AnimeNation for an MPC... (just couldn't justify buying one with all the issues people are having)

Well, the first one I grabbed had some paint issues and the canopy has stress lines in it. I took it back, and got a near perfect example.

Based on THIS piece, I love it, though I'll be making any further MPC purchases in person and at the store. I must say, it's a REAL pity Toynami skimped so much on the construction of this toy... I really like the sculpt, considering its size.

I picked up the Green Alpha last night, and it's a hella good-looking toy.

I don't enjoy the terror I feel when transforming it, unsure if any piece is going to snap off, but it sure looks good on the shelf.

Watch then gun hand. The damn thing is fragile as hell.

I don't enjoy the terror I feel when transforming it, unsure if any piece is going to snap off, but it sure looks good on the shelf.

tell us about it :rolleyes:

Yup, the fingers broke on me when I was trying to attach the gun

on my blue alpha. Waiting for my replacement hands to come in,

but now when I try to attach the guns on my other alphas I just

connect it to the palm without wrapping the fingers around the

gun handle.

I've just given up on putting the gun in the hand altogether. All my Alphas now have their guns affixed to their wings in Battloid mode, kinda like a slung-over-the-shoulder look. Looks pretty decent ... I mean, the Alpha's got missiles by the bucketloads, he can defend himself even without the GU-XX I'm sure.

Damn, another "sad" post. Damn damn.

Yup, the fingers broke on me when I was trying to attach the gun

on my blue alpha. Waiting for my replacement hands to come in,

but now when I try to attach the guns on my other alphas I just

connect it to the palm without wrapping the fingers around the

gun handle.

The first greenie I picked up lost part of his lower hand (below pinky.) My second one's holding up, but I'm REALLY careful when affixing the GU-XX....

Still, the first one still HELD the gun, and the fingers just looked slighly crooked. It's a pity. The hands have GOOD articulation and are very attractive. I just don't know why Toynami didn't choose a more malleable plastic like what's normally used in a polycap or something REALLY stress resistent, like Yamato's 1/48 hands.

I've just given up on putting the gun in the hand altogether. All my Alphas now have their guns affixed to their wings in Battloid mode, kinda like a slung-over-the-shoulder look. Looks pretty decent ... I mean, the Alpha's got missiles by the bucketloads, he can defend himself even without the GU-XX I'm sure.

Damn, another "sad" post. Damn damn.

Never thought of having the gu-xx in that affixed position before, and sounds

like a good idea. B)) I'm gonna try that out! Hmm...I wonder how it would look with two of them :D

that is how i have mine with the gun hooked to its back, i have seen pics with to guns it looks really cool.

chris