Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

Anyone else dissapointed with the $50 US Starscream from Cybertron. They just blew up the small one. His damn hands look like bricks. I think I will wait for the 2 pack with the smaller one.

312141[/snapback]

Thanks to some pay pal coupons I got the GF one off ebay for under $40. After I saw the supreme one at TRU I knew I didn't want it and after I saw the Pics of the two-pack I bought GF Vector Prime on E-bay too.

THe next masterpiece is king exikaizer from the braves series. But his numerical designation and letters and stuff are MPBR-01 I think. Not sure.

Renato did you see the galaxy force soundwave on that early bird page you linked?>? Scroll down when you click it...it looks pretty nice! Has lazerbeak..and either his minicon turns into lazerbeak or turns into his gun...not sure. Lazerbeak can go in his chest though I think.

Metallic GF convoy from the EZ line is packed with megalo convoy to show scale....megalo convoy athough big is not too =scale as the other figures...so EZ convoy is included to show how big he is really supposed to be in comparison.

Ah crap.. Looks like the BTA line is gonna be pricey.. being packaged in bot mode and with bigger boxes.. looks nice tho.. wonder how expensive they'll eventually be for ppl in the US..

Sunstreaker and Alert look awesome.. but those toy chicks are killing me.. why Takara?

Did you guys see the Alternators Sunstreaker at COmic con?

Also yes the Fire COnvoy and Ultramagnus two pack coems out this fall for only 31.99 at Costco. Yeah costco!!!

I have been wanting to get these two guys.For a while. I used to have them but returned them to TRU after likea week. Now I can get them for a decent price yeah!!!

And did you guys see the mini GF Skywarp, starscream repaint SDCC exlcusive?

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5981/dsc028068oj.jpg

did you guys see this yet?

Blue BT Prowl?

WTF is this? I hate all these repaints that we don't even see in the cartoon. I'm soo not buying anymore BT's and Alts, unless they come out with a better looking one. Red alert I will buy but to only switch out heads with Prowl and make the real BT/ALT Prowl. <_<:D:p:lol:

i actually like the new prowl, i do not want the blue one however just the police version. it is nice to have one that transforms alittle different than the others so i do not mind if it is not exactly like the G-1. to be honest i do not want anymore that transform like Smokescreen and Silverstreak i want something alittle newer so i do not mind it. i however am getting really sick of all the repaints they need to make more new ones not more repaints, that and some seeker jets.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Will it be the original colours, or will it be a whole new colour scheme?

311600[/snapback]

Same colors as the original release.

311602[/snapback]

When i saw the TF's at Comic Con, the Cybertron 2-pack seems to have a different color scheme... at least for Starscream... i wish i woulda taken pics.... but the starscream looked dark bluish with some red on it... kinda like Final Battle Armada Prime if you ask me.....

The RID Prime and Magnus two-pack seems to be original..... i'm definitely gonna pick one of these up for the price... =] although i already have the original set... Omega Prime is one of the meanest incarnations of Prime in all his forms.... and i have them all!!! haha...

As I like cars and bot; I really don't mind the repaints : Blue Prowl will be in car mode and Cop Prowl in Bot mode :p

well, TRU had it tonite so I got it. I present to you:

Autobot Swerve.

swervecar0cp.th.jpg swervecarunder6de.th.jpg swervebot1wu.th.jpg

with Jazz and Gir:

swervewjazzngir2ji.th.jpg

312797[/snapback]

I bought one last week but didn't open him yet. looks nice but I already have two Vettes on display and little space on my Binaltech/Alternator shelf. :(

I've been lookin' for one, but TRU here told me that they sell out right when they open, and seeing as I work during that time....

Some guy there told me it's an employee who buys 'em, too.

no surprise that a employee is buying them he probably knows they are worth something, if i recall this on on ebay can fetch $40.00 or more .

chris

Some interesting upcoming stuff:

http://www.fantofan.jp/earlybirdsp.htm

Colour pics of the Asterisk line with the girl figures, plus the new "Transformer EZ" line.  First I've heard of this:  It seems theres gonna be yet ANOTHER version of Galaxy Convoy (and Megs and SScream), this time 9cm tall and at a bargain price point.  It'll probably be all PVC.

312154[/snapback]

Nah. The EZ versions plastic toys. They are simply better painted versions of Hasbro's Legends of Cybertron toys, which are tiny, cheap versions of the major players in the Cybertron line.

The metallic EZ Galaxy Convoy that comes with Megalo Convoy is there to represent the cartoon scale.

no surprise that a employee is buying them he probably knows they are worth something, if i recall this on on ebay can fetch $40.00 or more .

chris

312843[/snapback]

Try 50 plus... :unsure:

Eh, if I find Swerve, awesome. Otherwise, I'm sure I'll survive. lol

man, I must've ran into 20 swerves yesterday at target. no decepticharge though.

312974[/snapback]

Which Targets did you go to? I went to the Simi and Moorpark ones and they had nothing. The Porter Toys R Us had some Grimlocks, Swindles and one Shockwave(the one I took back). :lol:

Edited by VF Strike Valk

man, I must've ran into 20 swerves yesterday at target. no decepticharge though.

312974[/snapback]

Which Targets did you go to? I went to the Simi and Moorpark ones and they had nothing. The Porter Toys R Us had some Grimlocks, Swindles and one Shockwave(the one I took back). :lol:

313009[/snapback]

the target in burbank.

312974[/snapback]

313009[/snapback]

the target in burbank.

313029[/snapback]

Thanks!

312974[/snapback]

313009[/snapback]

the target in burbank.

313029[/snapback]

Thanks!

313030[/snapback]

no problem. Just as long as you save me one! :D:p:lol:

well i finally got my first Binaltech today he is quite awesome, i am worried about scraping the paint however. i will never get used to grimlock being a car, but he makes a damn fine one.

chris

post-1669-1121997290_thumb.jpg

Chris don't worry about ol grimmy scratching man.

Just make sure you nudge the shoulders outwards a bit so they do not scratch the side of the front in robot mode, other than that,...have fun!

I find the binaltechs to be more DURABLE than alternators....the only thing alternators got over them is lower price and balance. Binaltechs aren't nearly as fragile...so to me they are

DEFINITELY TOYS!!

actually lately the alternators do not even have the price thing going for them anymore, in MA you still cannot find tracks and hound yet :( so the only place to get them is ebay and most of them on there are as much as the binaltechs. i would rather have the diecast import versions for that price.

chris

I'e got to disagree about this- out of my BT collection, grimlock's been the worst for sratching by a very, very long way. the tramsformation is such that it causes a lot more metal-metal contact than any of the others, making my grim's doors and front bodywork look like they're had rocks thrown at them.

it's not like he's hand any mroe attention of transformations than my tracks, smokes GT, Meister, or lambor, but he already looks like a 10-year-old toy.

my wheeljack is going to be an Alt version, as I don't want it to happen again. the mustang is my favourite BT mould from an easthetic POV, but the risk of scratches is way higher.

there is a chance, I guess, that it's the silver paint used or I just got a duff one, but I don't want to risk it, really.

I'e got to disagree about this- out of my BT collection, grimlock's been the worst for sratching by a very, very long way. the tramsformation is such that it causes a lot more metal-metal contact than any of the others, making my grim's doors and front bodywork look like they're had rocks thrown at them.

it's not like he's hand any mroe attention of transformations than my tracks, smokes GT, Meister, or lambor, but he already looks like a 10-year-old toy.

my wheeljack is going to be an Alt version, as I don't want it to happen again. the mustang is my favourite BT mould from an easthetic POV, but the risk of scratches is way higher.

there is a chance, I guess, that it's the silver paint used or I just got a duff one, but I don't want to risk it, really.

313187[/snapback]

My BT grimlock is Scratch free even with the crappy transformation. I do Pop the doors and arms off on purpose now but the front bodywork on mine is fine.

Yup...I think according to the binaltech tf guide I bought last month, the arms are actually meant to pop off...and the doors too.

I hope to god that the next binaltechs are a lot easier to transform than grimmy and tracks. Shockblast and Meister's transformation..as well as sideswipe and override....equates to pure PERFECTION to me.

Jeez. WHY did they make BT/AT Grimlock so DAMN HARD to transform?

No wonder I've left it in Robot Mode for so long......it's annoying trying to get it back into Vehicle Mode. :angry: