Anime-inspired robot?

peolesdru

here it is, righ tin the article:

" The external appearance of HRP-2 was designed by Mr. Yutaka Izubuchi, a mechanical animation designer famous for his robots that appear in Japanese anime, including the well-known "Pat labor." Mr. Izubuchi also named HRP-2 "Promet." "

Awesome. Cooler design than usual. This thing needs to be programmes to say "You now have 20 seconds to comply."

Though this should be in the super science thread.

Please combine this with the robot that uses biological muscle on the front page of CNN and the robots they built a month or two ago that independently fuel themselves by burning biological material (flies) and you will have the stage one terminator, bent on burning humans for fuel to rebuild itself, bigger faster, more efficient so it can burn more people and build bigger robots :)

We are working our way towards serving the machine gods, I often wonder aloud which implement of destruction will we ultimately choose to end ourselves.

Screw the movement, we don't care, it looks BETTER! Get someone who kknnnoooowssss what the robot fan would like to see in a robot for looks, I think this thing looks better than Asimo OR Qrio or wha ever that SONY midget is called lol.

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

EVERYTIME someone starts a thread on bi-pedal robots someones gotta say "looks cool now, just wait till its chasing after you with a butcher knife."

Didn't you watch "I, Robot"? embrace these helpful friends. nothing harmful will come from it. trust them with your lives...

^_^ I'm going to name mine Chucky!

But hey we're suppose to love our bastard childern as if they weren't bastard childern of the damned beyond aren't we? Personally, I like this robot much better...the color could be different, but just tweek that design just a tad and it'll be macho.

I just placed an order for 40 million units

You guys can start calling me 'Emperor Agent ONE' now.

FOOL! I shall purchase 100 thousand and give them lil spikey things too! SPIKEY THINGS! VIVA!!

I just placed an order for 40 million units

You guys can start calling me 'Emperor Agent ONE' now.

FOOL! I shall purchase 100 thousand and give them lil spikey things too! SPIKEY THINGS! VIVA!!

Um.....dude......he has 400 for every one of yours...

he's just going to make them sex slaves, not warriors.

personally I don't see how he's gonna take it in the ass 40 million times but whateva. I'm not here to judge anyone.

:rolleyes:

Somebody ban this tool.

" The external appearance of HRP-2 was designed by Mr. Yutaka Izubuchi, a mechanical animation designer famous for his robots that appear in Japanese anime, including the well-known "Pat labor." Mr. Izubuchi also named HRP-2 "Promet." "

When I saw the head I immediately thought, Patlabor! But.. Humph. The body is boring. They should have just made a Patlabor in 1/8 scale or something.

When I saw the head I immediately thought, Patlabor! But.. Humph. The body is boring. They should have just made a Patlabor in 1/8 scale or something.

the torso is ugly because it has to flex and contain all the batterys and a few servos in itself, but the head and legs are definitely patlabor