whatcha think about a new VF head?

do not disturb

so how about it?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. so how about it?

• yes, a newly designed MW 1/48 VF head would be awesome?
    • no, you suck and your idea sucks too?

Hey UN_MARINE, I love that head design of yours. It brings in what I love and out something I hate about the VF-1A head. I totally diggin the singular visor "eye" you used and the singular head laser. While I believe that it is simular to the YF-19/VF-19A head, it is a lot simpler and quite a unique design.

Actually, can be make a MW Exclusive Gunpod too? :rolleyes: maybe make a shield for the battroid mode and have it attached/combined to the gunpod while in fighter mode as it is not possible to mount it anywhere else. It could clip on using the mount that is used for the NP-AR-01 FAST Pack mount. This could bring out not just only a MW exclusive head, but a MW exclusive VF-1 Variant.

Edited by kensei

even if it looks like eva actually i did not base in that, instead there were many inspirations for this:

death star gunner helmet

Sv-51 face

assault suits valken

armored core

euro fighter prototype helmet

and there is more, just that there is something i like about those designs, the only type of head i hate is anything that looks like a samurai helmet on a mecha like i.e. gundam, except for some like the ashtray red.

by the way this head would look awesome on a VF-19S giving it a more intimidating look.

here's a concept for a head, i always liked this type of design so it was quite a quick one except for the painting, hope you like it.

its an eva valkerie

Now that I think baout it...:mellow:

First thing I thought when I saw that pic was Eva-03 as well.

excellent work i should use some of my art talents and see if i can come up with something soon.

chris

if any one can help me, i heard in this trhead that there is a macrossworld official color scheme. if anyone can provide me with an image i'll appreciate it. i'm gonna order a couple of VF-19's from bandai and want to paint one in such a color scheme and if a head design is elected then i'll see if i can get a friend in my city to make me a sculpt. the other one will be in a dark gray and black and try to make a head like the one in my last picture.

i'm glad you guys like it :)

here's a better view of the head

...and did i read "BUILD THE GUNPOD" ? :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

:lol:

man, i hope the pic will show this time around  :rolleyes:

Its like a 1S that wants to be a YF-19 head. :p

I like it... well... since my favorite Macross heads are the 1S and the 19 heads. Heheheh... I'm getting the best of both worlds now. :D

Forehead looks a bit empty tho... maybe put the square on it like the one on the 19?

Edited by AlphaHX

here's another design. did it under 10 minutes on my notebook, hope you like it too. (this one looks less than an EVA).

by the way, that VF-1MW looks sweet, just like the R-1 head in SRW alpha.

Ooo... nice drawing. I like.

It kind of reminds me of the Metal Gear Solid Ray head. I dunno why... I cant quite put my finger on it... :huh:

here's another design. did it under 10 minutes on my notebook, hope you like it too. (this one looks less than an EVA).

by the way, that VF-1MW looks sweet, just like the R-1 head in SRW alpha.

That would cool on the 19 but I really don't like how the bullet chain is hanging out on the side. Is that a bullet chain?

yes it is a bullet chain, it only sticks out in battroid mode according to my original idea since otherwise when transforming to battroid it would not fit in the head area pit, it would also keep the thing cold to prevent over-heat and protect the internal sensors from the heat, and the machine gun purpose is mainly anti-personel.

here's the VF-1 god of death:

From this angle, it looks a LOT like a YF-19... with an extended chin and an extendable side panel.

From how things are heading, it looks like the "official" mw head is going to pretty much be a psuedo YF-19 head on a VF-1. I always did like how the YF-19 head looked. :D

Its like a 1S that wants to be a YF-19 head.

I like it... well... since my favorite Macross heads are the 1S and the 19 heads. Heheheh... I'm getting the best of both worlds now.

Forehead looks a bit empty tho... maybe put the square on it like the one on the 19?

actually, it's more like a YF 19 head with the 1s faceplate :lol:

thanks for the input, AlphaHX :D but to be honest, i like the forehead that way.

afterall, i consider it an 'A' head... the 'S' is still in my head somewhere :lol:

Edited by UN_MARINE

Its like a 1S that wants to be a YF-19 head.

I like it... well... since my favorite Macross heads are the 1S and the 19 heads. Heheheh... I'm getting the best of both worlds now.

actually, it's more like a YF 19 head with the 1s faceplate :lol:

thanks for the input, AlphaHX :D but to be honest, i like the forehead that way.

afterall, i consider it an 'A' head... the 'S' is still in my head somewhere :lol:

Either way is fine.

I'm for anything thats psuedo YF-19 on the the VF-1 body. Heheheh... :D

BTW...

i don't wanna do anything TOO radical with these heads, so i'm sticking with familiar lines :)

the heads are gonna go on a VF 1 afterall, and anything 'advanced' just won't look right. ...you get the idea, right ?(points to VF 1R *COUGH COUGH*)

and... the head really belongs to the body in the previous page :):):)

in the end, i'm just doodling :lol:

it's not like HG's gonna make an official variant out of it.... and it'll be a cold rainy day in hell before i let 'em :angry::lol:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by UN_MARINE

I like to submit this one. Its not a military type head but more like a civian type reporter or maybe a intelligence gathering type. one side has a high power camera with mic and the other side is a heavly armored transmitter antena.

its still rough draff but ill improve it later on.

post-4-1107555521_thumb.jpg

so messin around with rohbys S recasts got me wondering....

we got an official MW paint scheme so why don't we design our own official VF head?

i was thinking, maybe we could have a design contest for the coolest head. nothing to elaborate, nothing to simple, but something thats cool looking and can be made fairly easily.

people could post pics of their sketches/designs and we could have a poll/vote to see which one gets made. i'm not sure of all the details or if its even possible to make something like this or who would be willing to make it and sell the finished product but i thought it would be kind of a cool.

maybe if theres enough interest, we'll be lucky enough to get one of our veteran casters to volunteer to take this project. :)

any thoughts are welcome.

what did you mean by "new" designed" heads?

I am unclear on this subject.

did you mean and improvement on head that exist for toys

ie, rediesigned vf-1s head

or a completely new head sort of a "prototype"

experimental valk head??