Fantastic Four Trailer

Ladic

seen it earlier.

trailer looks mighty good. the trailer-music r0x.

and Jessica Alba's uber-hot. without even trying. she should be the human-torch coz she's just sizzlin'. :p

The Thing was kewl. He's wearing pants.

Human Torch and Mr.Fantastic were just ok.

Dr. Doom's seems to look badass.

So...they're making Dr. Doom into a part of the spaceship crew who also gets altered by the cosmic radiation or whatever? That's what I got out of the trailer.

you're not the only one...didn't doom get his powers some other way? (can't remember how at the moment since i haven't read any marvel titles in over 8 years)

So...they're making Dr. Doom into a part of the spaceship crew who also gets altered by the cosmic radiation or whatever? That's what I got out of the trailer.

you're not the only one...didn't doom get his powers some other way? (can't remember how at the moment since i haven't read any marvel titles in over 8 years)

Doom is a master of science and sorcery... he dosn't have powers he has skills that he learned. His only real power is the ability to swap bodies with anyone... and he was taught that trick by some Aliens. Doom's powers are a result of arcane and sceientific knowledge and a suit of armour of his own creation.

I dunno, actually looks vaguely decent visually. The feel's better than I expected. Except I have the opposite reaction as treatment-- Human Torch and Mr. Incredible look mostly spot on. The rest were meh.

Never was a fan of Alba, and No, No, No, No, No! She's just not Sue Graham! She looks like a blond Angelina Jolie, which to me, being a fan of darker hair, and not a fan of her lippy-ness, is two strikes on Alba here. She's also too 7-of-Nine-ish. Meh.

What bugs me about Alba is that just because a certain segment of the population finds her drop-dead attractive, they try to cram her in every comic/sci-fi flick/show they can, regardless of whether her face fits the role. Elisha Cuthbert or any other blond actress with a squarer jawline would have worked a lot better.

-Al

I dunno, actually looks vaguely decent visually. The feel's better than I expected. Except I have the opposite reaction as treatment-- Human Torch and Mr. Incredible look mostly spot on. The rest were meh.

Never was a fan of Alba, and No, No, No, No, No! She's just not Sue Graham! She looks like a blond Angelina Jolie, which to me, being a fan of darker hair, and not a fan of her lippy-ness, is two strikes on Alba here. She's also too 7-of-Nine-ish. Meh.

What bugs me about Alba is that just because a certain segment of the population finds her drop-dead attractive, they try to cram her in every comic/sci-fi flick/show they can, regardless of whether her face fits the role. Elisha Cuthbert or any other blond actress with a squarer jawline would have worked a lot better.

-Al

Sue Storm... and Mr. Fantastic you mean. Not Ghram and Incredible

-Al

Actually, yeah.

Fwiw, my thoughts on the casting:

Alba's more like Crystal than Sue Storm. But hey! it's Jessica Alba! :p

Mr. Fantastic is a bit younger in the live-action than in the comics. Actually, he's perfect, except Jessica Alba is cast as his wife. That's just not frickin' fair!

Johnny's supposed to be Sue's younger brother in the comics, but he looks beefier, older and has a crewcut in the live-action. He'll do good, however.

Ben's a bit of an oddity. He's bricky and wear shorts in the comics as his trademark look. This live-action Thing is quite different and more like plastered than brick. But it's actually a good-enough approximation.

But the uniforms r0x0r! it's blue/black. much better than the stale corny-blue of the comics.

His only real power is the ability to swap bodies with anyone... and he was taught that trick by some Aliens.

Heh, brings to mind images of Doom strapped to some table in a UFO after being abducted by aliens, screaming "No...........not the anal probe!" :lol: .

Graham

haven't read any marvel titles in over 8 years)

Heh, I don't think I've read any Marvel titles for 22 years :D!

Graham

well...i'm only 21... 8 years is still a huge chunk of my life :rolleyes:

also, do you mean the early cartoons of the fantastic four? if so, then the robot was made for the "comic relief" factor...i don't remember a silly robot in the mid 90's versions of the FF cartoons

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

also, do you mean the early cartoons of the fantastic four? if so, then the robot was made for the "comic relief" factor...i don't remember a silly robot in the mid 90's versions of the FF cartoons

OK, apparently there was a 1967 Hanna-Barbera FF cartoon, which was quite faithful to the comics and featured pretty good art for that time. This did feature all 4 FF members.

Then there was a 1978 FF cartoon, which featured lousy art and replaced the Human Torch with a Robot called Herbie. I've read some stories that say there were concerns about children setting fire to themselves, which lead to the Human Touch being replaced by Herbie. Other stories say that it was beacuse the Human Tourch rights were held be another company for use in a possible live-action movie or TV series at that time, so he could not be used in the 1978 cartoon.

Graham

No Grahamm... its the worry about kids setting themselves on fire one... thats why they added H.E.R.B.I.E.(you can find the acronym somewhere...)

Are tehy still saying that Doom creates armor to hide his scarred visage? Or does he turn mettalic and flamboyant like the trailer implies?

OK, apparently there was a 1967 Hanna-Barbera FF cartoon, which was quite faithful to the comics and featured pretty good art for that time. This did feature all 4 FF members.

Then there was a 1978 FF cartoon, which featured lousy art and replaced the Human Torch with a Robot called Herbie. I've read some stories that say there were concerns about children setting fire to themselves, which lead to the Human Touch being replaced by Herbie. Other stories say that it was beacuse the Human Tourch rights were held be another company for use in a possible live-action movie or TV series at that time, so he could not be used in the 1978 cartoon.

Graham

OMG...I remember that. I didn't remember it was Fantastic Four but I remember that little robot dude lol.... :lol:

I'm sitting on the fence on this one.

FF is supposed to be a group of adventurers/explorers. They don't go looking for trouble but if trouble finds them they band together and kick it's ass. If they turn this into X-men or 'SuperHero Team-of-the-week' I'm going to be sorely disappointed. (blah blah blah raped my childhood!! :p )

Jessica Alba - means it's at least worth a rental. :lol::lol:

The cartoon with Herbie the Robot wasn't so bad... I've only seen one episode "Meet Doctor Doom" which was on the marvel masterpiece collection that had two shows staring Doom (the fantastic four episode and one of the incarnations of the spider-man cartoon not the 60s, Amazing Friends or 90s one... another one). And the Fantastic Four episode was much like the very classic Fantastic Four #5 in which Dr. Doom first appeared... I have no complaints about it.

The Herbie design was used in the first and only issue of Fantastic Five (set in the MC2 timeline, of which Spider-girl is the only good comic) as the body of Big Brain... who was supposidly a robot housing Read Richard's mind.

I'm sitting on the fence on this one.

FF is supposed to be a group of adventurers/explorers. They don't go looking for trouble but if trouble finds them they band together and kick it's ass. If they turn this into X-men or 'SuperHero Team-of-the-week' I'm going to be sorely disappointed. (blah blah blah raped my childhood!! :p )

Jessica Alba - means it's at least worth a rental. :lol::lol:

oh... yes I have to agree with this... the Fantastic Four comics flop when they tried to make them a Super-hero team. Yeah they fight Galacticus, Super-Skrull and Dr. Doom on a regular basis... but they are scientists and explorers more then Super-heros. When sales were stagnent for Fantastic Four a couple years back they dropped the title to 35 cents for one issue (calling it the "world's cheapest comic magazine") and had a story about a man working on the Fantastic Four merchandise machine in the marvel universe trying to figure out why the comics wern't selling... and he decided it was because they were potraying the FF all wrong... they arn't live the Avengers or the X-men. Anyone read that issue?

Still my favorite FF storyline has to be when Read was trapped in Dr. Doom's armour. Only time I ever liked Read...

The cartoon with Herbie the Robot wasn't so bad... I've only seen one episode "Meet Doctor Doom" which was on the marvel masterpiece collection that had two shows staring Doom (the fantastic four episode and one of the incarnations of the spider-man cartoon not the 60s, Amazing Friends or 90s one... another one). And the Fantastic Four episode was much like the very classic Fantastic Four #5 in which Dr. Doom first appeared... I have no complaints about it.

The Herbie design was used in the first and only issue of Fantastic Five (set in the MC2 timeline, of which Spider-girl is the only good comic) as the body of Big Brain... who was supposidly a robot housing Read Richard's mind.

The Spiderman cartoon was a 80's show done by Marvel Productions; the same animators who did Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. Some of the shows was animated by Toei Productions. They might would have done this show first but NBC(who broadcasted "Spider-Friends) felt Spidey wasn't strong enough to carry a show on his own(jerks!!!!!).

As for Jessica Alba, I Marvel at her super cuteness but she's not Sue Storm. Should have been the chic from The Girl Next Door!

Oh, HERBIE did appear in the FF comics but he was promptly destroyed.

The bad guy is the same guy who plays another bad guy in Charmed. Oh yeah he also plays one of those plastic surgeons on FX's Nip/Tuck. Oh wait, the guy who plays the thingis the Bad cop in FX's The Shield. Regardless how hot Jessica Alba is, this movie will bomb like her last one Honey. <_<

I dunno, I like McMahon and Chiklis, but the rest of the cast seems....uninspired, The visuals looked a tad better than fanfilm, but not by much. It didn't scream "See this movie!" like any other superhero trailers did. I'll wait until I see it in theaters to judge, but right now it gets a "meh" Also if anyone cares, the music seemed like a low-rent version of Neodammerung

Doom is a master of science and sorcery... he dosn't have powers he has skills that he learned. His only real power is the ability to swap bodies with anyone... and he was taught that trick by some Aliens. Doom's powers are a result of arcane and sceientific knowledge and a suit of armour of his own creation.

I'm not much of a Marvel or DC fan, but out of the glut of mainstream comics, Dr. Doom was always one of my favourite villains. No accidents, cosmic rays, genetic mutation, bug bites, he was bad ass because he made himself so. He also had class and style. Changing his story in such a drastic, and moronic, way would be enough to put me off this movie.