The MW Automotive Thread

areaseven

Lancer Evolutions and Audi S4s are both good cars, can't you two grow up.

Different strokes for different folks, and all that.

Yeah, I like them both...as for worn clutches.....only two explainations....bad driving or really hard driving.

Edited by peter

Dude, for the most part it's white people who drive these things, my comments had nothing to do with race...

The kind of people I am talking about is 4ft tall posers (and I say they are short usually because of some kind of Napoleon conplex) that want to pretend they drive a Ferrari, but really drive an economy car, which is slow, that has some ill-fitting fiberglass crap glued on.

My appologies if I came off too strong on the situation, it just sounded like you were generalizing about American-asian guys who own sports cars.

Whatever your personal beliefs, Skylines are very much a high-end sports car and have earned their place amongst the better and more popular street racing cars.

You can make a lawnmower AWD, turbo charged and fast as hell but you'll look like pretty silly driving it.

Same philosophy applies to those Lancers. if they'd like to add a little class and style to their lives I'd recommend an Audi to them.

And as far as performance is concerned I guess you've never heard of an S4.. :rolleyes:

I can't Audi S4 starts at $46k, you can get a stripped LanEvo (without the wing) for around $30k. So your point is?

Maybe you missed the part about how I mentioned the people blowing these clutches were RACING them? The Audi S4 is a great car, but it's not a race car and certainly not very suited for Solo II/Auto-X racing.

So what's it like down in the states? Haha, some of my backwards friends up here in Canada seem to think "Fast and Furious" is really what it's like down there. You know, with the heavy competition, the angriness, the guns, the gambling. When I used to do it up here, it was all fun and games, everybody just out to have a good time and enjoy a spirted drive (not necesarily drag racing).

Yeah, I had to shoot some fool the other day cuz he tried to skip out after I beat him. He was just too scared to jump that bridge, plus my 4 nitrous bottles smoked him pretty bad... too bad my floorboard fell out while I was racing though, that kinda sucked... Next time, I'm lettin' Hector hold the money, he's too slow to take off with it.

If that's your definition of rice, then by your definition, the Nismo Skyline GT-R is not a rice car because it's not plastic, it's not ill-fitting (debateable by some I guess), and it's defintely not an economy car.

Where I live, I've seen people of all shapes and sizes drive the cars they like and it doesn't really bother me. I've seen huge white guys driving cars like VW GTIs (my friend Jay weighs in at about 300 lbs and drives a silver one....nice car BTW), and smaller asian guys like me (5 feet 7 inches....not quite 4 feet tall) driving an old school Chevelle SS. I guess to a Canadian, they're all imports (inculding the American cars) to us since we don't actually make any of them (with the exception of a few models with factories in Canada).

So what's it like down in the states? Haha, some of my backwards friends up here in Canada seem to think "Fast and Furious" is really what it's like down there. You know, with the heavy competition, the angriness, the guns, the gambling. When I used to do it up here, it was all fun and games, everybody just out to have a good time and enjoy a spirted drive (not necesarily drag racing).

Just curious, what kind of car do you drive that attracts the kind of heat you're talking about?

No, you are right... The Skyline isn't a rice car, its even worse!!! Its a NEW expensive car that looks like a crappy car.

The people in CA are much different when it comes to cars than anywhere else. What you drive is 10x more important, which I think is lame of course.

There is certainly a "Fast and Furious" type crowd and they for the most part are almost as hardcore as the kids in the movie. I actually know a lot about it because I dated a girl whose live revolved around racing her supercharged Supra, which I may ad I thought was a piece of poo. She ruined it with all kinds of little lights, wings and other plastic. I thought her friends were the Napoleon wannabe club. They were ALL insanely little guys, all races but mostly white. In fact they all thought they were Eminem also, which you can imagine, didn't mix well with me. They had the guns, which I guess they thought made up for their height. One of them even put a gun to my head when I told him how much I liked banging that chick I mentioned (I guess he liked her or something).

I drive a 99M3. I bought in new in 2000 but I am going to replace it soon.

I actually know a lot about it because I dated a girl whose live revolved around racing her supercharged Supra, which I may ad I thought was a piece of poo.  She ruined it with all kinds of little lights, wings and other plastic.  I thought her friends were the Napoleon wannabe club.  They were ALL insanely little guys, all races but mostly white.  In fact they all thought they were Eminem also, which you can imagine, didn't mix well with me.  They had the guns, which I guess they thought made up for their height.  One of them even put a gun to my head when I told him how much I liked banging that chick I mentioned (I guess he liked her or something).

So that's where your dislike of Japanese import cars comes from. I'd be bitter too, but don't take it out on the cars.

Also, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't or that it's crappy. It's just your opinion that it's crappy. I think most American cars are crappy and ugly, many people think they're the best. This thread has gotten crazy.. heh, heh..

Edited by bhop

I actually know a lot about it because I dated a girl whose live revolved around racing her supercharged Supra, which I may ad I thought was a piece of poo.  She ruined it with all kinds of little lights, wings and other plastic.  I thought her friends were the Napoleon wannabe club.  They were ALL insanely little guys, all races but mostly white.  In fact they all thought they were Eminem also, which you can imagine, didn't mix well with me.  They had the guns, which I guess they thought made up for their height.  One of them even put a gun to my head when I told him how much I liked banging that chick I mentioned (I guess he liked her or something).

So that's where your dislike of Japanese import cars comes from. I'd be bitter too, but don't take it out on the cars.

Oh I don't have a problem with imports.... Just cars/people/anything trying to pretend they are something they are NOT.

Economy cars pretending to be sports cars.

Little pussies pretending to be tough guys by owning these cars and flashing guns around.

Maybe you missed the part about how I mentioned the people blowing these clutches were RACING them? The Audi S4 is a great car, but it's not a race car and certainly not very suited for Solo II/Auto-X racing.

S4's are race cars. Mitsu's are not. plain and simple.

Your ability to ignore facts both baffles and amazes me.

From 1996 to 1999 Tommi Makinen won the driver's championship in a Mitsubishi in the World Rally Championship. Compare that to the two driver's championships Audi driver's have, from 1983 and 1984.

(source)

Both first and second places in this year's Paris-Dakar rally went to people driving Mitsubishi's. If it makes you feel better, a Volkswagen came in third and since an Audi is an overpriced AWD Volkswagen, so I'll give you that one.

(source)

Perhaps next time you should do some research before making yourself look like an idiot.

If that's your definition of rice, then by your definition, the Nismo Skyline GT-R is not a rice car because it's not plastic, it's not ill-fitting (debateable by some I guess), and it's defintely not an economy car. 

Where I live, I've seen people of all shapes and sizes drive the cars they like and it doesn't really bother me.  I've seen huge white guys driving cars like VW GTIs (my friend Jay weighs in at about 300 lbs and drives a silver one....nice car BTW), and smaller asian guys like me (5 feet 7 inches....not quite 4 feet tall) driving an old school Chevelle SS.  I guess to a Canadian, they're all imports (inculding the American cars) to us since we don't actually make any of them (with the exception of a few models with factories in Canada).

So what's it like down in the states?  Haha, some of my backwards friends up here in Canada seem to think "Fast and Furious" is really what it's like down there.  You know, with the heavy competition, the angriness, the guns, the gambling.  When I used to do it up here, it was all fun and games, everybody just out to have a good time and enjoy a spirted drive (not necesarily drag racing). 

Just curious, what kind of car do you drive that attracts the kind of heat you're talking about?

No, you are right... The Skyline isn't a rice car, its even worse!!! Its a NEW expensive car that looks like a crappy car.

The people in CA are much different when it comes to cars than anywhere else. What you drive is 10x more important, which I think is lame of course.

There is certainly a "Fast and Furious" type crowd and they for the most part are almost as hardcore as the kids in the movie. I actually know a lot about it because I dated a girl whose live revolved around racing her supercharged Supra, which I may ad I thought was a piece of poo. She ruined it with all kinds of little lights, wings and other plastic. I thought her friends were the Napoleon wannabe club. They were ALL insanely little guys, all races but mostly white. In fact they all thought they were Eminem also, which you can imagine, didn't mix well with me. They had the guns, which I guess they thought made up for their height. One of them even put a gun to my head when I told him how much I liked banging that chick I mentioned (I guess he liked her or something).

I drive a 99M3. I bought in new in 2000 but I am going to replace it soon.

Well, if you hate the Skyline, you hate the Skyline. To each their own.

That scene you described is pretty ugly. I like cars, I like guns, I don't like them together....maybe in a movie or something, but not in real life. Bringing a gun with you on a drive/cruise is pretty lame....ruins everyone's day. One thing though, I thought Supra's were turbocharged....your girlfriend added a supercharger to it as well???

'99 M3? Nice car I think but I haven't driven one. I had the chance to drive a '94 M3. Us Canucks apparently got some European-spec version for a few years that came with a bit more hp (I think 284) than the regular 240 hp. Fun to drive on the road and track, but I prefer my overpriced Honda.

I'm pretty sure it's a race car.

post-26-1106259292_thumb.jpg

And it's *ucking fast. When I went to Autobacs, one of the guys started talking to me and I didn't understand what he wanted (I don't speak Japanese). My girlfriend told me the guy asked me if I want to sit insde. next thing I know, the guy gets in, starts the car and takes me for a rip around the block, a big block. Anyway, it was definetly not a road car, diispite the licence plate (which did not even belong to that prefecture).

post-26-1106259715_thumb.jpg

Your ability to ignore facts both baffles and amazes me.

From 1996 to 1999 Tommi Makinen won the driver's championship in a Mitsubishi in the World Rally Championship. Compare that to the two driver's championships Audi driver's have, from 1983 and 1984.

(source)

Both first and second places in this year's Paris-Dakar rally went to people driving Mitsubishi's. If it makes you feel better, a Volkswagen came in third and since an Audi is an overpriced AWD Volkswagen, so I'll give you that one.

(source)

Perhaps next time you should do some research before making yourself look like an idiot.

I had road racing in mind when I said that.

And I'm not making myself looks like an idiot as bad as your making yourself look like a uptight bitch ass twit.

Allow me to give you a ray of hope in your pathetic life. One day when you go to college on your student loans, grants and wages earned from gay protitution you'll finally get a job and maybe one day in the distant future you'll have a chance to SIT in an Audi.

Untill that day you will have to be satisfied with Mitsubullsh#ts. that would explain why you have such a huge boner for such a silly car. your just a kid, thats what kids like. hahaha :D

I had road racing in mind when I said that.

You get a cookie.

And I'm not making myself looks like an idiot as bad as your making yourself look like a uptight bitch ass twit.

Allow me to give you a ray of hope in your pathetic life. One day when you go to college on your student loans, grants and wages earned from gay protitution you'll finally get a job and maybe one day in the distant future you'll have a chance to SIT in an Audi.

Glad to see you've finally admitted defeat and given yourself over to petty insults.

Untill that day you will have to be satisfied with Mitsubullsh#ts. that would explain why you have such a huge boner for such a silly car. your just a kid, thats what kids like. hahaha  :D

First of all, you're calling me a kid when you can't even properly punctuate your sentences? Not to mention the high school level insult you threw at me back there after I presented you with solid facts? You just proved yourself to be the immature one, bravo for that.

I'm 35 years old and own seven different Ferrari Enzo's in seven different colors (all custom). Their license plates are "MONDAY," "TUESDAY," "WEDNESDAY," "THURSDAY," "FRIDAY," "SATURDAY," AND "SUNDAY." If you thinking something like "hey! those license plates have too many letters on them, lemme just tell you that I'm so FILTHY RICH I get extra-special license plates with as many letters on them as I want.

Most of my time is spent travelling in my personal harrier between my penthouse suite in New York and my palace in the middle east, the latter of which is filled with concubines.

IS

IRRRELEVANT

If anyone wants to know what an economy car truly looks like, here's my girlfriend's car. The thing is tiny but remarkably has a lot of interior space. It's got 4 doors and even airbags. It's called the Suburu Bistro, and it's even got 4Wd! It's hidious, I'll give it that, but I still like it. It's kind of ugly in a cute way.

post-26-1106261088_thumb.jpg

I'm 35 years old and own seven different Ferrari Enzo's in seven different colors (all custom). Their license plates are "MONDAY," "TUESDAY," "WEDNESDAY," "THURSDAY," "FRIDAY," "SATURDAY," AND "SUNDAY." If you thinking something like "hey! those license plates have too many letters on them, lemme just tell you that I'm so FILTHY RICH I get extra-special license plates with as many letters on them as I want.

Most of my time is spent travelling in my personal harrier between my penthouse suite in New York and my palace in the middle east, the latter of which is filled with concubines.

IS

IRRRELEVANT

That was the greatest post EVER!

IS

IRRRELEVANT

your lying.

IS

IRRRELEVANT

your lying.

I think its time for you to be banned.

haha you just try bitch. don't make threats unless your a mod.

Its not a threat... You have been less than rational all day. Insulting members, and being a general pain in the ass. You are even obviously trying to pick a fight with me in the Schwarzenegger thread. You are being a textbook troll.

Personally, I like members like you. It gives me something to laugh at.

you and your buddy yellowlightman trolled harder than anyone on those nissan skylines.

I'm glad you can have a laugh about my posts. lord knows I do every time I type them.

Edited by Panzer

you and your buddy yellowlightman trolled harder than anyone on those nissan skylines.

I'm glad you can have a laugh about my posts. lord knows I do every time I type them.

Well it IS a car thread... Thats kinda the point.