I got my first Yamato 1/48

ghiblione

I have a question: The Valkys of Robotech masterpiece, what's the diffenence between them and the valkys of Yamato or Bandai?

You can read the review of Bandai and Yamato here

For the "masterpieces" check this in MW http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/gunsight/gs1julaug02.pdf

Now, "mpc" veritechs are robotech american merchandise and they aren't considered Macross toy(so use the topic in other anime and sci-fi),keep in mind that being robotech toys you will not find DYRL variations (so, dyrl color schemes, strike cannon, new fastpacks color and design, new cockpit, dyrl pilot, dyrl hand, UUM-7, new vf-1a head) but only the SDF Macross design that were ripped for robotech.

:rolleyes: I'm really happy as I got my first Yamato 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru as a birthday gift. I just have a 1/60 VF-1D before.

Before I got it I always think  that  1/48 should be made with full metal, as 1/60 is made with a part of metal. But it is not, I'm a little disappointed. The 1/60 has a really good hand feeling and is more heavy than the 1/48.

But I still like this 1/48 for his good looking, for his way of transformation, specially his legs.

Good for you,

Once you realy get into the 1/48 line, you'll only use you 1/60s to simulate crash landing and to throw around the room to simulate real flight. The 1/48, I'd say, is the ultimate 1/60 killer.

i like me 1.60's

I have a question: The Valkys of Robotech masterpiece, what's the diffenence between them and the valkys of Yamato or Bandai?

You can read the review of Bandai and Yamato here

For the "masterpieces" check this in MW http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/gunsight/gs1julaug02.pdf

Now, "mpc" veritechs are robotech american merchandise and they aren't considered Macross toy(so use the topic in other anime and sci-fi),keep in mind that being robotech toys you will not find DYRL variations (so, dyrl color schemes, strike cannon, new fastpacks color and design, new cockpit, dyrl pilot, dyrl hand, UUM-7, new vf-1a head) but only the SDF Macross design that were ripped for robotech.

Thanks for those informations, very detailed. :D I like Bandai much than MPC...But, Yamato is always my favourite.

your hikaru vf-1s is still half naked....

yes, you need fast pack :D

ksfp-3.jpg

photo and custom courtesy of kurt

:D

i disagree that all valks need fast packs

not every valk needs a FP.. but you should have at least one set... specially if you have a 1s. S types just don't look right without FP's, imo.

:D

:lol:

One more question! I think I know but I don't know exactly: What does it mean "DYRL"? Why did they change the form of SDF-1 after the Macross TV series?

DYRL stands for Do You Remember Love... which was the movie version of the Macross movie.

The movie actually fits within the continuity of Macross as it is supposed to be a movie *within* the macross universe, taking place well after the actual events of SDF Macross... hence the updated tech... the movie uses valks available at the time.. upgraded models.

The Macross itself was also retrofitted after the conclusion of Space War which, if you'll recall the end of the series, left the SDF-1 heavily damaged. Also, the two maritime ships that made up the SDF's "arms" were replaced with those space carriers ARMD. the bridge and main guns were also upgraded.

There's a pinned thread in the movie/tv section that should answer your continuity questions.

:lol:

One more question! I think I know but I don't know exactly: What does it mean "DYRL"? Why did they change the form of SDF-1 after the Macross TV series?

Just read the newbie guide in the Macross TV series/DYRL discussion section. It explains a lot about the differences.

the 1/48th scale price sky rocketing? Well, they're certainly getting a bit harder to get at the moment but if Yamato is planning a release of the 1/48 scale armor this year than it's more than likely (i would think) that we will see a few more valks at that time also. At the very least they're going to do a 1J with armor. What do you think? Am i nuts or does this sound plausible?

jenius Posted on Jan 12 2005, 09:57 PM

the 1/48th scale price sky rocketing? Well, they're certainly getting a bit harder to get at the moment but if Yamato is planning a release of the 1/48 scale armor this year than it's more than likely (i would think) that we will see a few more valks at that time also. At the very least they're going to do a 1J with armor. What do you think? Am i nuts or does this sound plausible?

YAMATO's gonna be coming out with the 1/48 GBP Armor this year (at least, that's what we're all hoping for ;):D !). I would think that they would probably offer the HIKARU 1J along with this, as sort of a combo, like they did with the TV Fastpack.

Somebody sell me a Low Viz. Please. : ) Anyway, believing that the Armor is coming out, I would think this would necessitate a fresh run of 1Js. What I'm hoping is that since they'll be doing one they'll do a few others with it. I know I still have my fingers crossed for a TV Max and a grey VF-1S. If a fresh run comes out this will hopefully bring a few of the people storing mad stashes of 1/48s to sell 'em off and we'll see the prices drop down to reasonable again. That's my hope 'cause I only got one 1/48 and right now I'd rather drop $200 on something vintage than another one (unless it's a LowViz).

YAMATO's gonna be coming out with the 1/48 GBP Armor this year (at least, that's what we're all hoping for ;):D !). I would think that they would probably offer the HIKARU 1J along with this, as sort of a combo, like they did with the TV Fastpack.

you mean cwith the armorm not fastpacks lol.

I got the seperate set and put it on a roy. I have a 1j hikaru ready for th e1/48 one. so I 'd prefer the stand along ver.

YAMATO's gonna be coming out with the 1/48 GBP Armor this year (at least, that's what we're all hoping for  ;)  :D !). I would think that they would probably offer the HIKARU 1J along with this, as sort of a combo, like they did with the TV Fastpack.

I got the seperate set and put it on a roy. I have a 1j hikaru ready for th e1/48 one. so I 'd prefer the stand along ver.

Hehe. That is why I have a couple of VF-1Js FPs. I use those FPs on my LVs. And i already used one of the FPs on my VF-1S Hikaru TV.

YAMATO's gonna be coming out with the 1/48 GBP Armor this year (at least, that's what we're all hoping for  ;)  :D !). I would think that they would probably offer the HIKARU 1J along with this, as sort of a combo, like they did with the TV Fastpack.

Hehe. That is why I have a couple of VF-1Js FPs. I use those FPs on my LVs. And i already used one of the FPs on my VF-1S Hikaru TV.

i used mine on a tv vf1s. I swaped the pilots and put on the fast packs whahahah

i ahve tv skull sqakd and movie one too whahahahaha.

Ali