Now that Zero is done...

Mechamaniac

mmmm , I don´t know if I should be posting this but so far I´ve found there´s only two versions.

there´s the Fx version and the MI version , haven´t bought neither of them but based on thw quality of the DYRL and M7 version I would go for the Fx version although I haven´t seen any review of it.

did any of you guys had problems with the English Translation from Macross Zero?

You mean other than the fact that much of the translation was incomprehensible???

No. ;)

I am considering getting ahold of a fansub script and resubtitling the series on one

disc containing all 5 episodes. Provided it is not commercially released within the

next couple of years.

From what little I've heard, the 2 disc version uses the same subtitles as the 5 individual disc's (which aren't "that" bad). I've heard absolutely nothing about the FX version though, curiously so. But then FX has been known to rip other HK disc's in the past (and even when they did original stuff, their M7 subtitles were horrible most of the time) so that's a crapshoot.

I don't have the single disc set containing all 5 episodes that is currently selling here in HK, but I do have the 5 individual discs. Subtitles are fair-to-poor. Quite a bit of dialogue is mistranslated, especially concerning protoculture. Also, some of the names are messed up.

Graham

Hmm, I forgot how well their DYRL DVD turned out (not super accurate, but an acceptable HK translation). Perhaps their Zero will have a decent translation after all, at least if they're smart enough to borrow fan scripts.

I got a 1 disc FAN-sub version. It ROCKS!!!! Picture and sound quality is excellent. the guy must have ripped them to DVD. I have a few single DVD's picture and sound quality is equal if not better than some of those. Can't remember the sellers name but in the description he says the translation is perfect.....I'd say he was pretty accurate!

Chris

P.S. If anyone is interested I'll see if I can find the sellers name so you can see if he is still selling them.

But then FX has been known to rip other HK disc's in the past (and even when they did original stuff, their M7 subtitles were horrible most of the time) so that's a crapshoot.

Yeah, some of the subs on the FX Mac 7 set were pretty bad. I couldn't decide if I was more annoyed or amused when, for several episodes in the first box set, they kept referring to "Planet Dance" as "PARRY STANCE" ! :rolleyes:

But overall, they are good, and I love the packaging, and the discs themselves. Definitely a good deal considering that we'll never see a US release. <_<

I got a 1 disc FAN-sub version. It ROCKS!!!! Picture and sound quality is excellent. the guy must have ripped them to DVD. I have a few single DVD's picture and sound quality is equal if not better than some of those. Can't remember the sellers name but in the description he says the translation is perfect.....I'd say he was pretty accurate!

Chris

P.S. If anyone is interested I'll see if I can find the sellers name so you can see if he is still selling them.

Please, do tell!.

I'm a bit skeptical as to the vid quality if they are all on one DVD, but if the price is right, and the subs are good, I'll give it a shot.

I have the FX version. The subs are mostly ripped from the other HK boots. I have the 1-4 individual DVDs so I checked them versus the FX DVD.

The video is really nice though. Better than the others. All 5 episodes are on one DVD. IIRC, its a dual-layered DVD.

Bought it for about 10.00 shipped of off ebay from sundevildvd.

Here's two up for auction:

http://search.ebay.com/macross-zero_W0QQso...ntrypageZsearch

Edited by dejr8bud

I picked up the fx version of all 5 episodes on 1 disc. The picture and sound quality was pretty good. However, the English subtitles were not accurate... messed up names, bad grammar, missed protoculture reference, etc. There was a point were there was no sound during the very first appearance of the Roy's VF-0. Was that done on purpose (for dramatic effect)? Anyways, got the disc off ebay for $7.99 shipped. There's a fan sub version on ebay for $8.99 shipped. Does anyone have that version?

Chris

Was it this one?

Macross Zero DVD

I hope so...I bought this one today...looked like a fan sub that actually has decent subs. Based on his/her feedback I'd guess that I'm correct.

Hey everyone, Sorry I forgot I posted here :p . OK I'll try to post the link to what his auction looked like but the sellers name is twopieceinarow . In the auction he states that it has perfect subtitles and flawless grammer. He's from San Jose, CA. I'm sure you can do a search for his auctions to see if he is selling more, or even ask if he'll make a copy if he isn't selling them.

Chris

OK, just did a search by seller on EBAY. It's listed on his second page alittle more then half way down. $8.00 shipped to the U.S. says he'll ship worldwide but it might be more. No auction time was listed but it says 38 are available, I think it might be his Ebay store or something. Hope this helps, I'm really happy with my copy. A few of the episodes are ANBU not sure who did the other ones, but I totally know what is going on. Hope you like great price for great product IMHO!

Chris

Hey everyone, Sorry I forgot I posted here :p .  OK I'll try to post the link to what his auction looked like but the sellers name is  twopieceinarow .  In the auction he states that it has perfect subtitles and flawless grammer.  He's from San Jose, CA.  I'm sure you can do a search for his auctions to see if he is selling more, or even ask if he'll make a copy if he isn't selling them.

Chris

Hey Dobber, I just did a search for him and I can't find him on eBay? Maybe he's now all sold out? :unsure:

OK, just did a search by seller on EBAY. It's listed on his second page alittle more then half way down. $8.00 shipped to the U.S. says he'll ship worldwide but it might be more. No auction time was listed but it says 38 are available, I think it might be his Ebay store or something. Hope this helps, I'm really happy with my copy. A few of the episodes are ANBU not sure who did the other ones, but I totally know what is going on. Hope you like great price for great product IMHO!

Chris

Yeah, I did a similar search and I can't find him? Maybe can you put a link up to his eBay page for me, please? :(

Thanks in advance! :D

Edited by Wheels

Hey Dobber, what's the packaging like?

Standard Jewel Case type?

Can you snap a pic of yours?

Thanks!

Mine came in a standard DVD case. No jacket though. <_< . Not really a big deal for me though I just, slipped in my HK episode one cover.

Chris

Are those "watermarks" seen on the screen captures? (red circle-4 and jibberish)Are they on the screen for the duration of each episode?

And what about this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

Green Macross Zero GT watermark?

Anyone know which is the better version?

Edited by Viceland

I just went on e-bay and bought the FX version.

1 DVD with all 5 episodes for $8.99 SHIPPED!

I hope FX did a decent job with the subs.

I really like thier version of DYRL.

I'll let you all know how the subs are after i get the DVD in the mail.

Impressions please :)

Yup that's the one!

Chris

Impressions please :)

I mean, are the subs as good as he claims them to be?

::sigh:: why can't someone do this for DBZ?

Are those "watermarks" seen on the screen captures? (red circle-4 and jibberish)Are they on the screen for the duration of each episode?

And what about this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

Green Macross Zero GT watermark?

Anyone know which is the better version?

No, those watermarks are not there. He uses existing Fan-subs like ANBU. Then puts them on DVD. Quality on mine is terrific!

Chris