Macross Jack

Solscud007

Ok I had this idea right around the same time as i was making my Helmet. I ate at Jack and the Box last Friday. Not knowing that when I ordered a Large Combo I get a free jack antenna ball. Some stupid reindeer look this christmas season.

homepage_holidayball_left.gif

So i got the idea, "Why not make a Macross Helmet Jack ball?"

So i did. Go to Michael's or some equivalent arts and crafts store. Then get 2mm thick foam. I lucked out and they had ones that had glue on one side like a sticker. They only had 2mm. I tried to find sheets of colored vinyl to make the arrow decals. and other trim stuff. but couldnt find any so i printed up decals on inkjet decal paper.

Here are the pics of what you need

(colors vary depending on whose helmet you are making)

post-4-1101984030_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Again I used my CM's Hikaru helmet to make my templates. used masking tape to trace the shape of the chin/mouth guard and the visor and used photoshop to trace it. Then printed it out. That was the hardest part. Choosing a size. I tried to use math and get the proportions using equivalents but ended up too big. so I had to just use trial and error.

So here is part way.

post-4-1101984177.jpg

That is even funnier than your helmet.

Totally cool.

When are we going to make real helmets though? With all the resources here at MW how hard could it be to mod a cheapie motorcross helmet.

what do you think my first helmet was? It is a real helmet.

I miss Jack-In-The-Box. They pulled out of HK about 3-4 years ago and closed down all of their about half-dozen branches :( . I used to love their Ultimate Cheese Burger.

The only burger joint we have in HK now is bloody McDonalds <_< . We used to have Wendys & Burger King as well, but they also closed up shop several years ago, run out of town by the corporate monster that is Micky-Ds.

HK has nearly 200 branches of McDonalds believe it or not and you are rarely more than 5-10 minutes walk away from one. In some shopping malls here, there are even 3 McDonalds within about 2-3 minutes walk of each other!!!!

Actually, we still have a few branches of Hardies, but they have also closed most of their branches in the last year or so and have very few left.

Sorry, rant mode off.

Graham

It isnt that perfect. But hey as tony knows my standards this is good enough haha

I love it...

Don't worry about Tony standards, do we really need a Jack In The Box Helmet with automatic retracting visors that'll sit in a glass shelf with "Do Not Touch" signs all over it? :p

Ok, I think we have reached to a new plane of nerdiness here.  Not to put down the creativity but this sounds like we are bored.  :ph34r:

how did you guess? But hey I havent seen anyone else come up with customs lately.

True... I am not dissing on the custom but I am just saying it sounds like we are hitting a low.

I tried to use math and get the proportions using equivalents but ended up too big. so I had to just use trial and error.

Stupid math... :angry:

I think your idea is genius. Don't get mad if you see me driving by with the same thing on the end of my antenna.

cool , you like doing custom things dont you? i do not have that type of skill however. :( i am looking forward to the Minmay one.

im surprised no one thought of this earlier. I mean Jack heads have been out for a while. and this is my first one so that is my excuse.

I actually thought of this a few years back. I have made optimus primes head and a vf 1j out of the antenna balls. Funny, but I did the exact same thang as you. I bought foam from the craft store and just cut out the pieces to make the heads. I dont have pictures though, because I ended up selling them to fellow nerds. Damn, I should have taken pics. I can try and make them again. Mine didnt have any resemblance to Jack at all. I just used the foam ball as a base to start.