Z Gundam DVD Set Myth or reality

....a mixture of the original film cels and than you got newly animated scenes and those wont meld well at all with the original art

That was one of the reviewer's prime complaints actually. It didn't meld well at all according to him.

But on the plus side, he did say the mecha looked really nice. :lol:

Edited by haro genki

Has anyone noticed that Amazon.com says 'This item will be released after Dec. 24' for the Zeta Gundam box? I think i dug deeper and found out a date of Dec. 30 specifically (but i forget where i found it!)

HOWEVER.. im not panicking yet, everywhere else i have looked still says Dec. 14.

The real problem here is Bandai. I cant find Anything on their site. That would be the source to go to if they ever told us anything.

Has anyone noticed that Amazon.com says 'This item will be released after Dec. 24' for the Zeta Gundam box? I think i dug deeper and found out a date of Dec. 30 specifically (but i forget where i found it!)

HOWEVER.. im not panicking yet, everywhere else i have looked still says Dec. 14.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I asked on a Amazon.com thread on Anime on DVD, but no one replied. Meh.

To be honest, I think Amazon.com is confused right now because they never changed their November 30th release date to December 14th.

Also, if what Hikuro said holds true... and if Bandai really is asking retailers to pay up, then it is ready for it's release.

Lastly, keep in mind that the delay that pushed it to the 14th was an act of god of sorts. Bad weather struck, and it screwed up their shipping order. And news of that delay was broken by Jerry Chu on Anime on DVD the day it happened. I highly doubt that Amazon.com "knows something we don't" if they didn't even manage to hear about the rescheduling to December 14th.

You know, I asked TAM about this today,

Hey just wanted to ask, Bandai says their release date is December the 14th.  Does that mean they'll ship their boxes on the 14th, and you'll get yours on the 20th/21st, than ship them out the 21/22nd?
I should receive them on the 14th. They usually ship them to us a week before the street date so that we receive them on street date. Bandai has been pretty good about that so far.

It's like Halo 2, November 9th is the official date, and if you remember there were stickers saying "DO NOT SELL TILL 11/9/04" So chances are, between I'm guessing....between the 9th and 14th, just about anywhere that's going to carry the box set will recieve it.

When F91 came out, Tam got it nearly a week before it's street release date...so technically I got my copy long before anyone else who went to bestbuys or what not.

Lastly, keep in mind that the delay that pushed it to the 14th was an act of god of sorts. Bad weather struck, and it screwed up their shipping order.

An act of God, eh? Bad wheather struck last weekend in Southern California, and another rainstorm is headed here for the next 2 days. Sounds like there's enough bad weather to push Zeta back to 2005. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jolly Rogers

I checked my order status list, and Right Stuf has my Zeta preorder listed as Processing, so it should be rolling out soon.

I checked my order status list, and Right Stuf has my Zeta preorder listed as Processing, so it should be rolling out soon.

Mine still says On Order From Manufacturer... :ph34r:

Hopefully it'll change to "Processing" tonight...

so is this zeta series any good if someone has never seen gundam?

To throw in my 2 cents..

I haven't watched all of Gundam, just some of what has shown up on CN over the years. I did get some fansubed Z awhile back, and I thought it was some shades of retarded. Not that it was Wing or G bad, but when everyone's going "OMG!! A NEW MODEL!!!" every 3 epsodes, it gets repeatitive. Obviously they were trying to sell a few extra Gundam toys than usual. But other than that, it wasn't bad, just weak.

Gotta take into consideration, after the discovery that another military force has appeared with better mobile suits, the Titans/Federation had to beef up its mobile suit production, almost in every big episode there's a new model, even in ZZ. But it did get annoying from time to time.

Mine went from processing to on order again in the order list.

Alas... DeepDiscountDVD will be of no help to me.

I have been checking my order which shows OPEN.

Then I read the FAQ which says that they will not charge you until it SHIPS.

So, I won't know beforehand....

DOH!

their a good store but for somthign this limited i went for right stuff. they have closer realtions with bandai and can get stock easier.

Alas... DeepDiscountDVD will be of no help to me.

I have been checking my order which shows OPEN.

Then I read the FAQ which says that they will not charge you until it SHIPS.

So, I won't know beforehand....

DOH!

their a good store but for somthign this limited i went for right stuff. they have closer realtions with bandai and can get stock easier.

I originally had mine preordered through Right Stuff, then I realized that DDD was 35 bucks cheaper.

Worth it to me to switch.

Actually, I preordered from right stuf, then i called them up and added their 'got anime' discount club/card to my order and it came out lowert than my original preorder price. Sometimes on a really expensive purchase those clubs are a good deal.

A Got Anime mebership at Right Stuff is a godsend. Makes pre-orders very cheap, and during a studio sale you make out like a bandit.

Edited by Anubis

A Got Anime mebership at Right Stuff is a godsend. Makes pre-orders very cheap, and during a studio sale you make out like a bandit.

Well, the Zeta box set was $179.98, and the Got Anime membership knocks off 10% which is a whopping $18 bucks.

So, even with the got anime discount, it would still be $160.00 before shipping vs $126.00 shipped from DDDVD

Still a good bit cheaper.

Maybe the DDDVD version doesn't come with the mini gay figures that I don't want anyway, so I don't really care.

Mechamaniac had this to say:

Yeah, I got mine coming from DeepDiscountDVD for $119 bucks.

'Sup DDD buddy. I've been checking the balance on my credit card the last two days and no activity yet. I'll keep you guys posted. That makes me a bit nervous that they haven't charged anything yet and tomorrow is the cutoff. Oh well, they've always came through for me before.

My order with DeepDiscountDVD shipped today.  Got the E-mail about an hour ago.  Too bad I had it shipped home instead of here, so I won't actually be able to see it for another week and a half.  But at least it'll be there.

Doh, no update on my DDDVD order yet.

That makes two of us......

My order with DeepDiscountDVD shipped today.  Got the E-mail about an hour ago.  Too bad I had it shipped home instead of here, so I won't actually be able to see it for another week and a half.  But at least it'll be there.

Doh, no update on my DDDVD order yet.

That makes two of us......

The street date of Zeta is 12/14. There is still time. In fact, the street date for SEED vol. 4 and 5 is also 12/14, so anytime between now and next monday, you should get your shipping notice.

Quite simply the best Gundam box art I've seen yet. I believe that's art from the rerelease in the 90s of the video set if I am correct.

Quite simply the best Gundam box art I've seen yet. I believe that's art from the rerelease in the 90s of the video set if I am correct.

Nope, they were the new ones done for the Zeta DVD box released in Japan a few years ago. The ones done for the LD box was much better and closer to the style of the original designs.