Toybox DX's Toy of the Year Contest

http://www.toyboxdx.com/set-rumble.html

It's time for the 7th annual Toy Of The Year! In order for the toy to make the 'voting' list, it must be nominated and receive two seconds.

Each member of the TBDX community gets one TOTY voice in this round. You can nominate a toy, or second one, but you have to choose wisely - you only get one vote. So pick the lint out of your brains, review your 2004 booty, and may the best toy win!

Rules:

1. The toy must have been released between December 15, 2003 (the cut-off date from last year's TOTY nominations) and December 14th, 2004. This is actually quite a lot of toys so you may want to take a moment to refresh your memory.

2. Only toys made by Japanese manufacturers for the Japanese market qualify. So Zords or domestic versions of Transformers don't count. This also rules out Toymami's Legioss/Alpha and Hung Hing Toys' Gold Lightan.

3. Reissues and recolours don't qualify.

4. You can only nominate a toy that was released for sale as single item. This means that you can't nominate an entire line as a single entry, like Soul of Chogokin or Machine Robo Mugenbine.

5. The toy must actually have been released -- no voting for something that should be out "any day now". Ideally, you should only be voting for toys that you own or have personally handled, but at a minimum, there must at least be box shots of it on Yahoo or eBay.

Let the nominations begin....We will be collecting them until December 14th!

It's time for the 7th annual Toy Of The Year! In order for the toy to make the 'voting' list, it must be nominated and receive two seconds.

Each member of the TBDX community gets one TOTY voice in this round. You can nominate a toy, or second one, but you have to choose wisely - you only get one vote. So pick the lint out of your brains, review your 2004 booty, and may the best toy win!

Rules:

1. The toy must have been released between December 15, 2003 (the cut-off date from last year's TOTY nominations) and December 14th, 2004. This is actually quite a lot of toys so you may want to take a moment to refresh your memory.

2. Only toys made by Japanese manufacturers for the Japanese market qualify. So Zords or domestic versions of Transformers don't count. This also rules out Toymami's Legioss/Alpha and Hung Hing Toys' Gold Lightan.

4. You can only nominate a toy that was released for sale as single item. This means that you can't nominate an entire line as a single entry, like Soul of Chogokin or Machine Robo Mugenbine.

5. The toy must actually have been released -- no voting for something that should be out "any day now". Ideally, you should only be voting for toys that you own or have personally handled, but at a minimum, there must at least be box shots of it on Yahoo or eBay.

Guess no one is really reading the rules, since the Robotech Alpha has been nominated, as has the Aoshima Shin Getter, which was released a few years ago...

Rules:

2. Only toys made by Japanese manufacturers for the Japanese market qualify.  So Zords or domestic versions of Transformers don't count. This also rules out Toymami's Legioss/Alpha and Hung Hing Toys' Gold Lightan.

Guess no one is really reading the rules, since the Robotech Alpha has been nominated, as has the Aoshima Shin Getter, which was released a few years ago...

So was the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 again. No specific one, just VF-1 Valkyrie.

UPDATE: The Alpha, Eva-03, and 1/48 VF-1 got disqualified already.

Edited by Anubis

Darn.....and I was gonna vote for Masterpiece Convoy too. :lol:

If the VB-6 gets released before the cut-off date, it would make a worthy nominee - not that many people would have a chance to own it and form a good opinion. The Q-rau would also qualify as a nominee, unlike the re-colored 1/48's; so if you really, really love it - go ahead and register as a member and cast your vote. :-)

I gave my nomination vote to help second the SOP Kaneda's Bike, but I think I'll give my TOTY vote to the SOC Garada K7. THAT is one funky toy.

Cool, I nominated the SOP Kaneda's Bike. That was one of the more stand out items that I bought this year. Next after that probably would have been the Q-rau as a new release for this year.

Edited by Anubis

• 1 year later...

So?!?!?!?!?

As we all know Masterpiece Convoy was a late entry and STILL won last years TOTY.

Well. I've heard that they ended their nominations for 2005. I wonder if any Macross made it into the nominations.

Anyone know?

Did the voting period end???

I wanted to nominate the GBP. While it may just be a supplemental armour, it still very much qualifies as a toy.

The incredible detail and sheer awesomeness of the armour should defenitely be considered here.

:rolleyes:

***Plus it made it into the timeframe for the TOTY for all 2005, just like the previous winner did (MP Prime).

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I don't think so.  TOTY usually starts from somewhere mid-dec of the previous year to mid-dec of the voting year.  The GBP came out Dec.27 thereby missing the deadline.....for this year.  We'll get them next year.  :p

357785[/snapback]

Hmmmmmmmm.

I forsee the VF-0S taking the cake in 2006.

But then again.......if Yamato releases a 1/60 YF-19 that'd be great. B))

I don't think so.  TOTY usually starts from somewhere mid-dec of the previous year to mid-dec of the voting year.  The GBP came out Dec.27 thereby missing the deadline.....for this year.  We'll get them next year.  :p

357785[/snapback]

Hmmmmmmmm.

357792[/snapback]

Yeah...IF it doesn't get delayed until Dec 27th 2006. :ph34r:

357785[/snapback]

Hmmmmmmmm.

But then again.......if Yamato releases a 1/60 YF-19 that'd be great. B))

357792[/snapback]

Then there will be some guy named "Occasional Fan" who will come onboard here to MW to try to shame us Macross fans for inflating the vote for the VF-0! :p

I didn't know that the Yamato 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru got TOTY 2002! That's awesome. :blink:

Let's hope that the VF-0 is worthy of this year's prize. ;)

Or even the GBP! :D

Edited by kensei

remember the cardiac TBDX had that last year when I bunch of us joined to vote for the 1/48. I'm happy to stay away from that website for the rest of my days

That's nothing compared to what happened when 20th Anniversary Convoy/Optimus Prime came out. Tfans flooded the board. Granted OP deserved to win, some many gimmicks and so much diecast, but some TBDX hardliners were calling foul.....sore losers. :p

My gut feeling is that TOTY 2006 is going to be SOC Voltes since TBDX is a gokin site and theirs an inordinate amount of love for Voltes.

....though if Bandai ever decides to release a SOC Dangard Ace I'm going to have to vote for that. :p

How in the world did the EMSIA Zeta made it in 7th place??!! :blink::blink:

It may have the labelings of EMSIA but if you compare it to the older MSIA it's pretty much the same if not worse. The old MSIA has more detail and better porportions.

The EMSIA line is getting weaker and weaker...

here's a link with pics

http://pony-hp.web.infoseek.co.jp/EXMIA-Z.htm

remember the cardiac TBDX had that last year when I bunch of us joined to vote for the 1/48. I'm happy to stay away from that website for the rest of my days

That's nothing compared to what happened when 20th Anniversary Convoy/Optimus Prime came out. Tfans flooded the board. Granted OP deserved to win, some many gimmicks and so much diecast, but some TBDX hardliners were calling foul.....sore losers. :p

*snip*

360264[/snapback]

That sounds about right :)

12" Alien, isn't that from a non-Japanese toy company?

360356[/snapback]

Oops, I missed that detail. Oh well, that sucks. I still love that figure though...