VF_1 in this week's megas XLR?

NERV

the episode with the captain harlock clone, in his sotrage bay i thought i saw a gray vf-1 with it's wings folded up, can anyone confirm?

Watching the episode right now. It's great.

Harlock clone was funny.

I saw what looked like the vf-1 too.

There was also a standing blue mecha with a skull logo on it's chest.

the episode with the captain harlock clone, in his sotrage bay i thought i saw a gray vf-1 with it's wings folded up, can anyone confirm?

I think I saw it too. Wouldn't surprised if it was one, since there's been a Macross parody in practically every other episode.

Now where's our full Macross parody episode, dammit?! <_<

I think I saw it too. Wouldn't surprised if it was one, since there's been a Macross parody in practically every other episode.

Now where's our full Macross parody episode, dammit?! <_<

:unsure: Macross or Robocrap parody? remember it is American and in Cartoon Network...

well for those who saw the Macross cannon pop out of the chest of megas, looking at the way they drew it, id say it was macross, becaus the cannon looks like the DYRL?/M+ style macross.

macross cannon out of megas' chest? you mean first ep, maybe seconds? i thoguht that was the front of the yamato

macross cannon out of megas' chest? you mean first ep, maybe seconds? i thoguht that was the front of the yamato

Different episode, this one was a few weeks ago.

MMcannon.jpg

Just the fact they they made fun of Captain Harlock you know the creators watch a lot of anime.

Macross Cannons

Sentai Team

Sailor Moon type group.

Voltron-ish sword the Megas can use.

Thay take a lot of the giant robot conventions, and other anime conventions, and mix it up to a humorous americanized delight.

Good stuff.

I loved it when Jamie was screwing with the replicator, trying to get it to make all kinds of stuff for him unsuccessfully.

Look towards the back end of the pic, there is another vf1 on it's side.

This topic should be a sticky... with the title: "What guess anime easter egg have you found on MEGAS XLR."

Rule, can't point out the obivious, you got to find the more subtle anime character series/reference that only appears almost less than 4 secs.

Edited by Dangaioh

Finally. That's a VF-1 alright!

Wonder if HG will set their lawyers on the show's creators?

Graham

That would be interesting, seeing as the show was done by Cartoon Network last time I checked. I wonder if HG wants to burn anymore bridges and chances of getting their new show on the air.

I can't wait get Megas on dvd. :) Has anyone seen the Bruce Cambell episodes? The 2nd one he did voice work in had his character is in a robot that looked like Ash form the Army of Darkness movie. With shotgun and chainsaw for hands. :).

Edited by Effect

Wonder if HG will set their lawyers on the show's creators?

Graham

Actually, one of Megas' head writers is apperently going to be working on Shadow Chronicles. :ph34r:

I think the Yamato popped out of Megas' chest in one of the earlier episodes, but I don't have any pics.

Oh, and here's the Harlock spoof, Captain Warlock.

post-26-1101233347.jpg

Edited by McKlown

I've NEVER seen this show but I do know Peter Cullen does some voicework.

BTW. Anyone have a picture of the Captain Harlock spoof? Have they also done any Starblazers stuff?

very first episode - the pilot before they got their own series. it told the story about how that guy got the mega, etc. and yes the finishing blow was the Yamato popping out of its chest and putting the old wave motion gun action smackdown on the enemy!

Has anyone seen the Bruce Cambell episodes? The 2nd one he did voice work in had his character is in a robot that looked like Ash form the Army of Darkness movie. With shotgun and chainsaw for hands. :).

Yup, those are great episodes. That second with the Ash-bot also a bot that looks very much like a VF-1 batroid, even has the skull and crossbones heatshield. I don't think it's on screen for even a second, but it kind of catches your eye, since it's red.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect this topic.

In episode Universal Controller, Megas transform with 4 huge cannon overhead and both arms are covered with missile launchers, reminds me of the Destroid Monster Mk II. :ph34r:

So how come Aqua Teen/Space Ghost/SeaLab/Teen Titans (coming soon I'm sure) all get dvds and we Megas fans get screwed? :angry:

365487[/snapback]

Because those are CN's cash cow shows. CN knows lots of people will pay money for those DVD sets and they re-run those shows ad nausem while on the other hand Megas XLR seemed to vacate their lineup rather hastily... is it even still on the air right now?