The Official Yamato VB-6 Monster Thread

Noone answered my question.... where is teh VB-6 located/ assigned to in the game? I wanna put carrier markings on it.... adn I have tio chose from the SDF-1, the Prometheus, ARMD-1, adn Daudelus.... I put a bunch of sticekrs on it so far for shuttle mode...but ive still gotta add mdoe teh the weapond and stuff for gerwalk and batt. mode.

okay so after 3 hours of fiddling with my monster, i finally i figured it out.  :lol:  basically i stopped looking at the instructions and just used common sense. 

why does it seems my monster is always leaning to the left? ;)

In gerwalk mode you can get some uneven leg length if you don't have the leg components arranged identically. Check all the joint angles between the two legs.

hehehe, i was j/j about my monster leaning towards the left....its more like a bend now. get it? :D

Because you got a liberal monster, mine leans to the right so I think it's conservative...

The way it slings missles, it's more like a neocon. :ph34r:

Because you got a liberal monster, mine leans to the right so I think it's conservative...

The way it slings missles, it's more like a neocon. :ph34r:

Maybe the monster has the WMDs :ph34r::ph34r:

But I thought the Monster IS a WMD... :unsure:

Just got mine from Toy-Wave and transformed it.....WOW, it is freakin' Huge! I never realized just how big this thing was until just now, I am very glad that Yamato decided to make a toy of this, and I really am looking forward to other toys from them for Macross.

Anyone else notice that the arms have little pods that pop up along the edges? I'm afraid to pull on them for fear of them snapping off. Here's a description of the location:

In shuttle mode, near the back. Along the edge of the arm is what looks like a separate glued in molding. But it's not glued in and if you pull it up (the hing appears to be towards the back, so you pull up on the front) you get what kind of looks like the classic Macross missile-pod. It doesn't appear to stay up, but again I'm nervous about pulling up too far and breaking the hinge. You can even see a screw inside when you pull it up.

What is it? Graham?

According to the Compendium, they are auxillary missile launchers, that allow the missiles stored in the arm to be launched when in Shuttle mode.

Graham

Noone answered my question.... where is teh VB-6 located/ assigned to in the game?  I wanna put carrier markings on it.... adn I have tio chose from the SDF-1, the Prometheus, ARMD-1, adn Daudelus.... I put a bunch of sticekrs on it so far for shuttle mode...but ive still gotta add mdoe teh the weapond and stuff for gerwalk and batt. mode.

I forget if the name of the ship that the VF-X Ravens special forces squadron uses was ever mentioned in the game or not.

However, I don't think it would really be accurate to use stickers for the SDF-1, Prometheus, ARMD-1, or Daedalus on the VB-6, as those are all old Space War-1 era ships and the VB-6 Konig Monster makes it's first appearance (that we know of) in 2050. So it's extremely doubtful that a newer mecha like the VB-6 would ever have been stationed on those old ships.

Graham

But...but....they're ugly and DONT have the right end on them to look like missile launchers.

To all of you w/ Takatoys sheets for your 1/48....there are enough sitckers on tehre to totally doll up the VB-6 between what you dont use and what is 'bonus' material. I could post some pics of mine, but that'd mean that Id have to TF it agian, and I just got it in a psoe i like in Gerwalk mode... I can show that tho. I even put BEWARE OF BLAST and NO STEPs on the orange leg vents

I would STILL really like an answer to my carriere assignemnt question you guys..... :angry:

The question ahs been posted twice now...so mebbe third time's a charm.

I wanna know where teh VB-6 is assigned in the game... among other things... Im looking for some real fluff for it... like crew, accurate weapons descriptions, stats for all three modes... and carreir assignemnts (the first question...) like, whats the storyline for the game and when is the VB-6 used, and can I put SDF-1 carrier markings on it, or Prom, or Daed, or ARMD!?

The question ahs been posted twice now...so mebbe third time's a charm.

I wanna know where teh VB-6 is assigned in the game... among other things... Im looking for some real fluff for it... like crew, accurate weapons descriptions, stats for all three modes... and carreir assignemnts (the first question...) like, whats the storyline for the game and when is the VB-6 used, and can I put SDF-1 carrier markings on it, or Prom, or Daed, or ARMD!?

Graham has already answered your question, man.

Will dig out both the VF-X2 game books when I get home tonight to see if the ship's name is mentioned.

Graham

While you're doing that, do you mind scanning the koenig monster lineart if you have time?

I've seen it here before, but nothing comes up when I do a search.

A few months ago I had the chance to buy one of the VF-X2 books for next to nothing (Y10, I think!!), and I said "Maybe later". I kick myself everytime I remember that. Ow.

Edited by Renato

Anyone else notice that the arms have little pods that pop up along the edges?  I'm afraid to pull on them for fear of them snapping off.  Here's a description of the location:

In shuttle mode, near the back.  Along the edge of the arm is what looks like a separate glued in molding.  But it's not glued in and if you pull it up (the hing appears to be towards the back, so you pull up on the front) you get what kind of looks like the classic Macross missile-pod.  It doesn't appear to stay up, but again I'm nervous about pulling up too far and breaking the hinge.  You can even see a screw inside when you pull it up.

What is it?  Graham?

According to the Compendium, they are auxillary missile launchers, that allow the missiles stored in the arm to be launched when in Shuttle mode.

Graham

EXCITING NEWS!!!

so after reading your post, i decided i should open up the arms and check out the goods for myself and low and behold....

:o THOSE DAMN THINGS ARE SUPPOSED TO POP UP! :o

only thing is, it was a design flaw by yamato. <_<

its totally all glued down, so don't force it open. it looks like they were originally designed to pop up because theres 2 hinge pieces that are connected(kind of like the koeing arm design but on a smaller scale) thats being held together and a screw that holds the rounded mini missile launcher to one of the hinge pieces.

only thing is its totally fubar'ed! :blink: i spent the better part of the evening digging out the glue, cutting out excess plastic, trying to make enough room for the piece move more freely. i haven't gotten to work as of yet....sorry but the design flaw is actually a really BIG design flaw so its taking some time.

either way, i'm gonna macguyver that shiet and l have a fully operational retracting missile launcher by the end of this evening. B))

YEAH I KNOW! YOU WANT PICS!

sorry i left my camera at work so i can't take pics now but i'll bring the piece to work and post the pics tomorrow. :(

Eh? mine are not glued and open quite easily, although they don't open very far.

Graham

you mean, you can actually see the missile when it open?

or you can see the missile when you hold it open?

mine is all glued down in the inside where the hinges are located. :huh:

Will dig out both the VF-X2 game books when I get home tonight to see if the ship's name is mentioned.

Graham

While you're doing that, do you mind scanning the koenig monster lineart if you have time?

I've seen it here before, but nothing comes up when I do a search.

A few months ago I had the chance to buy one of the VF-X2 books for next to nothing (Y10, I think!!), and I said "Maybe later". I kick myself everytime I remember that. Ow.

Heh, never ever pass up the chance to buy a hard-to-find piece of Macross merchendise when you see it for a cheap price.

I've made that mistake many times myself and always regretted it later when I decide to go back and buy it, but find it's already been sold :( .

I'll try to remember to scan the VB-6 lineart pics tonight after baby goes to bed.

Graham

Haterist.... one of mine opens freely but doesnt stay open, and the other one is floppy and hangs open slightly... yours are glued shut? Weird. And I didnt notice a missile tip... I saw a rectangular indentation in the face of the launcher.. maybe I didnt look hard anough. Thanks Graham for looking up the info for me, cant wait to see it...

Noone answered my question.... where is teh VB-6 located/ assigned to in the game? I wanna put carrier markings on it.... adn I have tio chose from the SDF-1, the Prometheus, ARMD-1, adn Daudelus.... I put a bunch of sticekrs on it so far for shuttle mode...but ive still gotta add mdoe teh the weapond and stuff for gerwalk and batt. mode.

OK, here's the only lineart pic I have of the ship that the VF-X Ravens are based on in the game. Sorry, I've no idea what the name of this ship is. It may be written in Japanese, perhaps Renato could tell us?

Graham

shoot i used to have the guide book for this game and i cannot seem to locate it i would tell you the name of the ship, i think the names were writtin in English

Haterist.... one of mine opens freely but doesnt stay open, and the other one is floppy and hangs open slightly... yours are glued shut? Weird. And I didnt notice a missile tip... I saw a rectangular indentation in the face of the launcher.. maybe I didnt look hard anough. Thanks Graham for looking up the info for me, cant wait to see it...

When you open it, the little cylinder you see with the rectangular indentation on the front is the missile. Lots of missiles in Macross have those rectangular indentations on the front.

Graham

Eh? mine are not glued and open quite easily, although they don't open very far.

Graham

you mean, you can actually see the missile when it open?

or you can see the missile when you hold it open?

mine is all glued down in the inside where the hinges are located. :huh:

The two pods have to be pulled open by hand. Once you pull them open, you can see the missile (the cylinder with the rectangular indentaion on the front).

On my VB-6, the pod on the left arm is a bit loose and hangs partially open.

Graham

shoot i used to have the guide book for this game and i cannot seem to locate it i would tell you the name of the ship, i think the names were writtin in English

I've got both of the VF-X2 gamebooks and I have not been able to find the name of the ship written so far. The scan of the ship was taken from one of the books.

Graham

Has anyone ever looked how good the shuttle mode looks like when you fly it upside down. Geez, Kawamori should have designed it like that because the nose's inclination is more natural that way and the absence of a proper tail in the back is less of a problem.

Don't know, just my 2 cents

Yeah I noticed that too.  It looks really good upside down, better than right side up...  :lol:

Great !

I tought I was nuts. The only obstacle would heve been the cockpit I guess, had he designed the VB-6 that way.

Have you stopped to consider that you both may be nuts? :lol::p:ph34r:

I finally broke down and placed an order with Twin Moons; the more I follow this thread the more I feel that this toy is one of those I just can't pass up...my wallet is staring daggers at me right now. :)

Anyone else notice that the arms have little pods that pop up along the edges?  I'm afraid to pull on them for fear of them snapping off.  Here's a description of the location:

In shuttle mode, near the back.  Along the edge of the arm is what looks like a separate glued in molding.  But it's not glued in and if you pull it up (the hing appears to be towards the back, so you pull up on the front) you get what kind of looks like the classic Macross missile-pod.  It doesn't appear to stay up, but again I'm nervous about pulling up too far and breaking the hinge.  You can even see a screw inside when you pull it up.

What is it?  Graham?

Graham

Does it have a locked-open position on the toy? I'm too afraid to pull on it.

OT: Don´t mean to interrupt this thread BUT...

Has anyone noticed this is the first Yamato toy thread that has happily reached the 40 page mark in freaking long time ? B))

seriously , since when was the last time we talked so much about one of their toys with such enthusiasm ? (I think it was the VF-0)

:lol:

Anyway , I think the name of the ship in the VF-X game was the Valhalla.

Happy to know that the the missile launcher actually features a missile and it actually opens. ;)

oohh mate I´m just so damn exited to buy one of this , shame I´ve got no money.