Hideo Kojima crazy?

Keith

Maybe he's going sane in an insane world.

Maybe he's just so sane that it BLEW YOUR MIND!!!! :)

No, I'm of the opinion that he's totally nuts.

That, or he's suffering from Herbertism. Make one fantiastic product, then kill the line with subsequent attempts at duplicating your success.

The Patriots of MGS2 just really killed the whole franchise for me. MGS2 took the great parts of MGS and bent them to such absurd levels that there was no way I could really enjoy the story that much.

The gameplay, on the other hand, was nothing short of amazing.

Maybe he's going sane in an insane world.

Maybe he's just so sane that it BLEW YOUR MIND!!!! :)

No, I'm of the opinion that he's totally nuts.

That, or he's suffering from Herbertism. Make one fantiastic product, then kill the line with subsequent attempts at duplicating your success.

The Patriots of MGS2 just really killed the whole franchise for me. MGS2 took the great parts of MGS and bent them to such absurd levels that there was no way I could really enjoy the story that much.

The gameplay, on the other hand, was nothing short of amazing.

Should I point out that MGS1 was attempting to recapture the success of a prior product?

It's a direct sequel to Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake on the MSX computer, and most of it's amazing revolutionary gameplay ideas were implemented ages ago there.

And of course, it added some silly bits, like making an army of genetically engineered super soldiers that can't see 2 feet in front of them, telepaths that read memory cards and controller ports, etc.

My main problem with MGS2 was that it was confusing. But now that I'm playing through again and actually paying attention to what they're saying it actually is pretty cool. I don't mind playing as Raiden. I think a big part is that people really wanted to play as Solid Snake and they're bitter about being suprised.

And as for Dune, I've liked all of the books. Dune 6 just ended at a cliffhanger... I'll read his son's books just so I can have closure. Its just that Herbert gradually increased the scale of each book and everyone wanted Paul Muad'Dib back... I like Miles Teg etc... I just have to see what the finale of the Golden Path is. While it isn't Dune (nothing ever will be) he succeeded in creating a believable universe... and that's hard to do. Kojima did the same thing. MGS2 got really weird, but it does make a lot of sense now.

I like em both. :)

Sorry for the long post about "Herbertism" but I really love all of the Dune books! :)

Hidden somewhere between all the cutscenes MGS2 was a great game... I just wish Substance would have cut out most of them so you could play the game more fluidly rather than play for five minutes and have to watch a fifteen minute long movie.

Lilelaleloo! :ph34r:

They never did say what was the lilalelaloo did they?

ack, other than the story, I liked MGS2.

still not used to skateboarding in substance yet.

my wife actually made me stop letting my son play

(he would just snipe at people's legs and after they fell, he would shoot them in the arms or head, or he would go pigeon hunting for hours, etc. etc.)

so now all he can do is play skateboarding.

<_<

Last time I try relivent political commentary..... Anyway, since the topic turned that way, yes the story of MGS 2 went on the freaky side, but especially with events as they've turned, I can see why he went to such bizzarre leaps & bounds. I suppose he could have gone with the more common free mason twist, but ghosts aren't that much more out there when you think about it.

And hell, why not, I WANT A(nother) SNATCHER REMAKE!!!

I dunno about MGS2, since I haven't played it, only read some faqs on it to find out what happens. Wierd is all I gotta say.

As for MGS3, if this Snake weren't so expensive, I'd get it! A Medicom limited release from what I understand.

Edit:Well Zeo-mare it looks like Medicom is just doing the MGS3 Snake. I want it; but not for that big price it's got right now. There were some MGS figues made by Yamato for Konami some years ago. There was Solid Snake, Liquid Snake, Meryl, and Sniper Wolf. I got the old Yamato Solid Snake a couple years ago... But one of his legs broke off while I was trying to pose him to put on a shelf. :p Oddly enough mine didn't come with the FAMAS rifle that I saw most other Solid Snakes had (there wasn't even space for it in the plastic thingy he was in). So I stripped Solid Snake of all his cool stuff and stuck it on my Deleter doll :p I had a semi-naked one-legged Solid Snake sitting on the back of my couch for the past year or so :lol:

post-26-1099568773.jpg

Edited by Sumdumgai

yea i saw the Solid snake figure I have been wanting to pick it up, but it is expensive and there are alot of other things I want to get right now, but very soon, it looks incredible. do you know if therre are any others? Revolver Ocelot and Sniper Wolf as well as the Ninja and a few other would look f'ing awesome.