Transformer Purists?

Solscud007

Hey guys I was wondering if there is such a thing as Transformer purists. Similar to the rivalry between HG and BW supporters. We all understand the HG vs BW debate. and this thread is not for that.

If there was a partisan organization for transformers I would imagine it might break down to Diaclone fans vs Takara fans. But alas Diaclone is like Takatoku. They are the originals and there is something to be said for originals mint. compared to Takara.

However I wouldnt go as far as to treat Takara as HG/Toynami. We would have to look at the Cartoon. There is no real cartoon is there? Liek Macross/Robotech? Oh isnt Transformers an American cartoon creation? or was it created by the japanese? jsut a side question.

Now in terms of Toys I guess you could say that Takara would be Yamato/Bandai and Hasbro is similar to Toynami. In that the Takara versions are better overall. Now I know price is a big factor and I like my 20 dollar Alts a lot. And Im too scared to transform my BT Smokescreens. but Diecast is pretty nice.

So what do you guys think? Is there a Takara Purists Vs. Hasbro Supporters battle like Macross vs Robotech?

I'm sure that somewhere in the deep recesses of the internet, there's a site called DiacloneWorld where purists discuss all things Diaclone and how Hasbro "raped" their franchise to make TF. I say we make it our mission to find them. I don't know why, but it just feels like the right thing to do. :D

Taka and Hasbro work together. They are in the Transformer business together. Toynami and Yammi don't work together but seem to build equally craptacular toys. Bandai should be the only company allowed to build Valks/Veris.....

:p

I prefer the all plastic less fragile Alternators. No paint chips either.

Sorry 2 posts thought of more....

Taka and Hasbro work together. They are in the Transformer business together. Toynami and Yammi don't work together but seem to build equally craptacular toys. Bandai should be the only company allowed to build Valks/Veris.....

:p

I prefer the all plastic less fragile Alternators. No paint chips either.

Sorry 2 posts thought of more....

haha I know Toynami and Yamato dont work together but It was an idea. To label them sort of in Macross terms.

Don't give anybody any ideas. We have enough trouble with the whole trukk not munk thing. Then there's always the G1 purists who argue over which continuity is canon. The Cartoon, the Marvel comics, the Dreamwave comics, or hte Japanese cartoons.

*is a card carrying member of the organic TFs suck club*

Actually the only thing that the transfans argue about is what series was better and what particular line of toys is the best. Lots of talk on the Comics vs Cartoon and what Dreamwave is up too.

Its actually a very unified community and not split up like the RT/Macross fans are. Of course you dont have some American company stealing from a Japanese company to bring TF's here. Hasbro and Takara work together and Hasbro never tried to pull the wool over Takara's eyes. ;)

Its actually a very unified community and not split up like the RT/Macross fans are. Of course you dont have some American company stealing from a Japanese company to bring TF's here. Hasbro and Takara work together and Hasbro never tried to pull the wool over Takara's eyes. ;)

Aw man, way to spoil my fantasy of a Diaclone World forum, where our eerie Trannie dopplegangers ceaslessly debate the merits of Diaclone and Microman versus Transformers.

Its actually a very unified community and not split up like the RT/Macross fans are. Of course you dont have some American company stealing from a Japanese company to bring TF's here. Hasbro and Takara work together and Hasbro never tried to pull the wool over Takara's eyes.  ;)

Aw man, way to spoil my fantasy of a Diaclone World forum, where our eerie Trannie dopplegangers ceaslessly debate the merits of Diaclone and Microman versus Transformers.

well if you can read Japanese there's always diaclone.net . ;)

I wish they had included the scooter with the TF Collection reissue of Skids. That was a nice touch, because the actual Honda City back in the day did come with a scooter. ;)

On the subject of Lying Diaclone Purists, would you then have "Trollformers"?

Don't give anybody any ideas. We have enough trouble with the whole trukk not munk thing. Then there's always the G1 purists who argue over which continuity is canon. The Cartoon, the Marvel comics, the Dreamwave comics, or hte Japanese cartoons.

*is a card carrying member of the organic TFs suck club*

Yep, With TF's It's not Company Vs. Company. It's Fans vs. Fans.

Well, there are the G1 "OMG NOSTALGIA RULEZ!" people, but they are usually ignored by most general Transformers fans and only paid attention to by casual TF fans.

Outside of that, there really isnt the sort of fandom trainwrecks Macross World/Robotech.com, or any Gundam thread involving UC versus Alternate Continuity have seen.

there is a segment of vintage toy collectors who claim to dislike transformers based on the storyline, they state a preference for robots with drivers, and feel the sentient robot part of transformers is distasteful for one reason or another. but basically they're just trying to be elitist, and diaclones are more elite than transformers due to their rarity and pure japanese flavor.

Well, there are the G1 "OMG NOSTALGIA RULEZ!" people, but they are usually ignored by most general Transformers fans and only paid attention to by casual TF fans.

Hey, I only piss on Beast Wars.

There's just something inhereintly wrong about Transformers that fold into animals instead of big steely mechanical contraptions.

There's just something inhereintly wrong about Transformers that fold into animals instead of big steely mechanical contraptions.

Yeah, but beast wars was great Show Wise, and had some really great toys too.

there is a segment of vintage toy collectors who claim to dislike transformers based on the storyline, they state a preference for robots with drivers, and feel the sentient robot part of transformers is distasteful for one reason or another. but basically they're just trying to be elitist, and diaclones are more elite than transformers due to their rarity and pure japanese flavor.

and what is that japanese flavor? Ramune? haha

Mac Fanboy: Yes I am bored. Get me a job and the useless threads will stop haha.

Yeah, but beast wars was great Show Wise, and had some really great toys too.

I could never get into it, though. I wanted cars and jets and cassette tapes and handguns.

Why cassette tapes and handguns? The world may never know.

So I guess the Predacons, Dinobots, Casettes, and Insecticons all sucked then huh?

Beast Mode Transformers have pretty much always been a part of the line.

Besides, Beast Wars SAVED the Transformers as a property. All those rereleases, new toys, collectibles, comics, and so on?

If it wasn't for Beast Wars, none of them would probably exist.

Not to mention Beast Wars is the best Transformers show ever made and possibly the best thing to ever come out of Canada.

I'm sure there are Purists someplace, but i don't think it will ever reach the level of the mac/robo rivalry since as far as i know the transformers are an original show.

in stuff like macross and golion there is a clear cut original that was kind of... um... i don't want to say "raped".. lets say, re-edited(a streach i know) into a new show.

nothing will ever beat the 1/55 valk, it was a powerhouse of being released under diffrent names:

valkyrie, veritech and jetfire, all before i was ten.

There is a huge amount of bickering on most the Transformers boards I have seen. When someone posts a picture of a new toy some fans start a lovefest, some say they don't like it - and get flamed for it, some say that they only like G1 - and get flamed for it, some burb - and get flamed for it.

I just don't fit in there since I like robots that turn into realistic vehicle modes. I'm not a fan of a lot of the modern Transformers targeted at kids because of this. I never liked the early BW stuff since I don't like the mixing of robot and organic parts (I prefer the machine-machine dynamic). I did like some of the Transmetals though. I liked the Beast Machines Vehicon designs, but didn't like the rounded/streamlined look of the Maximals. The Transtech designs are all rather odd and unappealing to me. RiD is what got me interested again. I started to lose interest during Armada and Energon (although I admit that the gimmicks of these lines are great for kids), but was sucked back in by the BTs and Alts. So, you see why I wouldn't fit in too well on many Transformers message boards.

There is a huge amount of bickering on most the Transformers boards I have seen. When someone posts a picture of a new toy some fans start a lovefest, some say they don't like it - and get flamed for it, some say that they only like G1 - and get flamed for it, some burb - and get flamed for it.

Wow! Thats nothing like MW!!

Bah! Transformer boards are just as bad as these boards..... :p

People who think G1 bricks are the best versus people who think the new figs are better.

Bah! Both lines have good and bad figs.

My favorite part is all the closet Beast Wars fans. They all hated BW when it came out. Now they say it is the best TF show storywise to date.

Oh well............

Bigbot.com......... That place needs some serious moderation. One guy tries to have total control of the board. It is too much work for one person. There are also a few people there that need to be banned. The mod/owner won't ban them for some reason. These people call others names or use personal insults when in disagreement. Brave behind the puter but how are they in real life. ;)

Oh well............

I only hang out at the TFW2005 boards. The mods lock threads that start turning into insult slinging, to prevent rampant flaming.

My favorite one is that everybody complains that the animation company doing the current TF show sucks, and now that it's been confirmed that GONZO are doing the next series, people are complaining that their mech shows suck. I only have Vandread to use as a comparison, but I thought GONZO's mech animation looked pretty damn good. Good show, all the way around, actually.

I only hang out at the TFW2005 boards. The mods lock threads that start turning into insult slinging, to prevent rampant flaming.

My favorite one is that everybody complains that the animation company doing the current TF show sucks, and now that it's been confirmed that GONZO are doing the next series, people are complaining that their mech shows suck. I only have Vandread to use as a comparison, but I thought GONZO's mech animation looked pretty damn good. Good show, all the way around, actually.

GONZO has good animation...just very very very very bad directors and screenwriters.

*coughs* Keiji Gotoh *cough*

<_<

So I guess the Predacons, Dinobots, Casettes, and Insecticons all sucked then huh?

Beast Mode Transformers have pretty much always been a part of the line.

Besides, Beast Wars SAVED the Transformers as a property.  All those rereleases, new toys, collectibles, comics, and so on?

If it wasn't for Beast Wars, none of them would probably exist.

Not to mention Beast Wars is the best Transformers show ever made and possibly the best thing to ever come out of Canada.

:) Hell yeah Beast Wars helped Transformers to come back to life in many parts of the world.

Best Episodes evers the Season two finale The Agenda Parts 1,2 and 3 and Season 3 Optimal Situation

Edited by RichterX