Snake Eater

Chowser

It's not that I'm not interested, Chowser... but every time someone mentions a game to me all I hear is "blah blah blah Not Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas blah blah Not Halo 2 blah blah" :p

Still, you could be a bit more descriptive about RT: Invasion. What sucks about the demo?

his answer "Everything! Cause its Robotech!"

Personally could careless about GrandtheftAuto Super Duper Latino mix :p....I was satasfied with GTA3 and don't wanna bother with the rest....they are copycats!!!!! COPYCATS!!!!!!!!!..............so is Driv3r too :p

Also can't say crap about Halo 2 since it ain't out yet :p

But something I didn't like about Snake Eater is the fact that it's based in 1963....the cold war man.....not interested.

Personally could careless about GrandtheftAuto Super Duper Latino mix :p....I was satasfied with GTA3 and don't wanna bother with the rest....they are copycats!!!!! COPYCATS!!!!!!!!!..............so is Driv3r too :p

But something I didn't like about Snake Eater is the fact that it's based in 1963....the cold war man.....not interested.

wow its turning into a videogame rant thread quickly.

i wouldnt call gta3 series copycats they do have diffent themes thou its based on the 3 cites on the original gta.

but dont worry as we speak there making my dream gta4 vision. a semi rpg fps. (need to get my taggin skill up :lol: )

anyways hows the demo. any good?

ok, on the RT demo, I can't really get into it, I mean, I'm throwing grenades at the Invid, (never saw that in the cartoon), aiming is not intuitive enough for me (I grew up on PC FPSs, just finished Halo and the Medal of Honor series on my PC). Maybe on the full version, I can adjust the aiming. Right now, I'm just running around in circles trying to bring down some Invid, I crash alot into obstacles when I'm riding around, I can't fly up a hill for crying out loud, I'm in a cyclone, where's my limited flight? Unless I'm hitting the wrong button. I can just run around in circles strafing at the Invid and watch parts fall off and then move on to the next one. I really hate seeing those Alphas fly overhead and I can't be in one. I'm going to have to try and give this one another chance later...I'll try and borrow someones. Graphics-wise, looks better than Battlecry, but not better than Macross by Sega/AM2. I wish someone state-side would license that and translate it for us.

I didn't really get into GTA series too much, got GTA:VC cheap, never finished it, got to the point where Lance was going to betray me and lost interest. Hmmm..how much havoc can I cause before the po-po comes looking for me, now let's see how many I can take out before I get killed (and me being a cop too, :blink:, I just imagine all the cops are the adminstration ), that's about what that game turned into for me.

Well, back to MGS3 demo, I just got killed again by an alligator, guess I should just leave it alone, but man, I want an alligator hat. I'll try tossing a grenade at it next time. It's more MGS2 here, I'm still trying to get used to the controls again (been awhile since I played MGS2). But so far, I haven't run into any BGs yet, just animals. Right now, to me, it's basically MGS2 over again with more features. Gotta go find some mushrooms now. I hope the plot isn't as convoluted as MGS2 was.

---

argh! the demo disc sucks! it resets after a minute if I don't do anything, well, I'm trying to stay still while a guard is nearby and the stupid thing resets on me. i tried it again with moving the camera and it still resets. sheesh. i'll try equipping and unequipping a weapon or something whenever i get back to it, game time is over, gotta go put some drywall up in the bathroom.

Edited by Chowser

I personally can't speak much for MGS of any sorts other than the one that was on the PS1...man I love that ending >< "Look snake, squirals!" "...........yeah" shoudlah shot her.... <_< ....atleast she can die if you don't hurry when she got snipped.

I played just a BIT of MGS2, but sadly nothing much :( but I really should rent it or buy it or something for my MGS collection....its just I had a hard time coming to terms with him having a mullet.....in the words of Largo from Megatokyo "There are no more Heroes".

ok, just finished the demo (and the drywall), so far, it's more of MGS2.

I'll wait for the price to come down before I pick this one up. Can't stomach paying full price for new games anymore. Got two kids, a wife, some cats, some rabbits, and a Macross, gun, sword habit to support.

I picked up Sons of Liberty, had a small talk with Dan and guys at Gamestop about the differences and which is better, SoL or Substance...they told me "Well ones 5 bucks the others 15 :p" But pretty much there was no real difference in gameplay, virtually the same, but Substance had more VR missions and funky lil features, but not worth the 15 bucks. So I went ahead and got SoL (I like saying SOL :p I say it alot at work) for 5 bucks.......they tried to get me to pay 200 for Steel Battalion......I gave them the evil glare of DOOM Zim style and they stopped.....plus they got it in the back room if need be I'll play it in there with them!

playing the demo now, anyone having long load times when trying to access the codec?

btw, robotech invasion demo sucks, don't think i will get the full game, even at $20.

I think I got the same demo disc from a guy at work today. Came home and played it and did not notice any strange lag on the codec transitions... also did not notice the "one minute timeout", then again I was just sitting there playing it and giving it my full attention.

I do concur that this game stinks of Sons of Blahblahblahblahblah and I'm fearing yet another ten minute cutscene then one minute of action followed by a ten minute cutscene game. As for comparing Snake Beater to Splinter Cell I'd say they are similar content games but are still quite different. Splinter Cell to me felt more intutive, more fluid... while the MGS series always feels like a chain of small episodic encounters strung together between cutscenes. These guys really need to get off the whole "interactive movie" schtick and just make a darn game again. I myself really loose interest when I have to watch cutscenes rather than play a game.

heh heh, didn't want to bump up that thread from page 97....

I played Splinter Cell awhile ago, I liked it, I think I preferred the aiming from MGS2. Also, it was easier for me to move around in MGS2. Probably because that is what I played first and had to adapt to Splinter Cell. I don't think I ever used Sam's move where he's doing a split above someone.

Going through the MGS3 demo again, just looking for different things to do.

Trying to cut all the ropes on the bridge now while all the guys are tranq'ed...

wonder what'll happen.

Have you managed to do any of the corny crap that I have like shooting the guard's radios, bleeding all over and having the animals track you or taking a guy "hostage" and screwing up and allowing his buddies to surround you, then shoot him and take you out?

They really have beefed up the AI in this game, these guys used to be brick stupid and now they are quite relentless and mercinary.

I do concur that this game stinks of Sons of Blahblahblahblahblah and I'm fearing yet another ten minute cutscene then one minute of action followed by a ten minute cutscene game.

I don't mind cut scenes, just as long as the dialogue is intelligent, introspective, and moves the plot forward. But in Sons of Liberty, 75% of the dialogue was utterly pointless and did nothing to enhance the story. One would think Kojima is simply in love with hearing his characters speak, regardless of what they're actually saying.

My leeway given to Sons of BlahBlah was that it must have made much more sense and been better paced in Japanese... because the US version put me to sleep. What is the point of having bad guys with organization names you can't pronouce (Lelilaleahloo my ass) and yet another seemingly straightforward and potentially gripping drama ruined by lame-ass sci fi and over the top preachyness.

Is it just me or do the japanese go just one step too far with their "messages" in games. A two year old could get their point most of the time as they smash it home with a mario hammer. <_<

Have you managed to do any of the corny crap

going to do that later today (after some drywall spackling...), didn't get to finish the bridge thing, I'll try that again. I was bleeding yesterday and the guards did track me and started shooting me in the grass even though I thought I was hidden. Haven't tried it with animals yet. I did drown in the mud around the gators. whoopsie.

as I goof around more and more, I think I will pick this up when it comes out.

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...
I picked up Sons of Liberty, had a small talk with Dan and guys at Gamestop about the differences and which is better, SoL or Substance...they told me "Well ones 5 bucks the others 15 :p" But pretty much there was no real difference in gameplay, virtually the same, but Substance had more VR missions and funky lil features, but not worth the 15 bucks. So I went ahead and got SoL (I like saying SOL :p I say it alot at work) for 5 bucks.......

Substance has a longer shelf life. SOL is pretty much over after you beat the game, Substance has all the extras to keep you busy, including more unlockables. The good thing about SOL is that the FMVs are less censored when it comes to blood and gore.

Chowser: Target has 4 PS2 titles on sale for $39.77 this week - MK: Deception, Spyro: A Hero's Tail, Tony Hawk Underground 2, and SW: Battlefront. The sale is good until this Saturday. Go to your local Target on Friday or Saturday and see which of these 4 games are out of stock, then get a raincheck and substitute MGS3 for it. Get 20% off instantly. :)

Heh I pretty much stopped playing the game, it got old really really quick, so I'm more than likely gonna ditch the game, seeing that I also have way to many PS2 games, I like to try and keep things balanced between my GC, PS2 and Xbox.

Not even gonna bother with this one. MGS 2 SOL was such a piece of crap. The demo for MGS 3 annoyed the hell outta me. I fear this game will be filled with endless boring cutscenes. I wanna play games, not watch them. I'll be busy with Samurai Warriors: Extreme Legeneds and Ghost in the Shell: SAC for the PS2.

I enjoyed MGS when it came out on the PS1. MGS2 was kind of a let down since I wanted to play as Snake, as it was advertised. Not really interested in Snake Eater at all to be honest. Honestly I thought the first Metal Gear Solid had the right balance of action, sealth and enemy AI. They are maing it harder and harder now that it isn't really that much fun anymore. At least to me.

Nothing beats an uninformed opinion... :rolleyes:

Dude, if the last two GTA games were COPYCATS - then all videogame sequels are. What are they supposed to do? Design a completely new engine to the highest selling videogame of all time or improve on what's already working?

I think you're just PO'd that they cost more than $10 used. :p

Oh, and btw - just because it called San Andreas - it's not Latino at all. If anything, GTA:SA is slanted toward an African-American scene. ;)

Chowser: Target has 4 PS2 titles on sale for $39.77 this week - MK: Deception, Spyro: A Hero's Tail, Tony Hawk Underground 2, and SW: Battlefront. The sale is good until this Saturday. Go to your local Target on Friday or Saturday and see which of these 4 games are out of stock, then get a raincheck and substitute MGS3 for it. Get 20% off instantly. :)

hey that's a good idea! but i think i will wait a few months for it before i buy. it might come out better on xbox in a few months, so when I get the Xbox for Xmas for my son, i'll see what happens.

. i've still got alot of PS2 games to finish (not to mention I finally broke down and bought Ace Combat 5).

• 2 years later...

Sorry for digging up this old topic, but I started playing Metal Gear solid 3 again. Can anyone remember where to find the Tsukinoko Snake, I can't remember where to find it. When you catch it and keep it you get the infinite ammo face paint. It's a wierd short snake.

Uhm, I think you catch it in the area where you fought the creepy spider-ish crossbow long armed long tongued guy. At night though when you have to go back through that area. If it's not there, then it was definitely in an area filled with boobytraps. If it wasn't the area you fought freak-man, then it was the area after you get out of some bunker-ish place. It's hilly with booby-traps, and flying squirrels.

Just to be sure you should check out one of the faqs on gamefaqs.

Yeah I thought it was in that general area, I laid traps all over the place but I keep catching crap. How the hell did I catch it the first time round remains a big mystery. Though this time I'm playing Subsistance instead of the original version, you don't suppose they changed the location?